I Thought Lifting Thor's Hammer Has Nothing To Do With Strength?

• 64 results
#1 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

If it doesn't, how is this possible?(2:18-2:35)

Is stuff like what happened in that video why movies are considered non canon?

#2 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please comment?? i didn't make this thread for noone to comment!!

#3 Posted by AweSam (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, none of that made sense. Couldn't Thor just have caught it? Worst part is how it takes all his strength to lift it, then he suddenly holds it with one hand and has enough strength to throw it.

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

That whole movie was pretty silly. Cap gets punted around like a football and he's completely fine? And then why is Pym suddenly able to walk after Hulk obliterates his knee?

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Its out of cannon.
  2. Its an animation.
  3. The rules in comics have nothing to do with the rules outside.
#6 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet that video annoyed plenty of Thor fans. Anyway that looked a lot like Ultimate Thor? Most people would of expected Ultimate Thor to give Hulk a beating?

#7 Posted by Enyalios (136 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the Ultimate Universe. That hammer was not the real Mjolnir but a scientific construct. When Thor came out in the Ultimate universe he did not have his powers (though he was the real Thor). The belt he is wearing gave him his powers and the hammer was the battery. Thor later gets his powers back as well as the real Mjolnir, which is why current pictures of Ultimate Thor he sports a hammer that looks like its 616 counterpart.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, movies are non canon. Just ignore it.

Plus, it's based off the Ultimate Universe. I'm pretty sure mjolnir is very different there.

#9 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: @TheCannon: @Enyalios: @SupahForeigner: @ReVamp:

1. So does Ultimate Thor's hammer(in comics) have the worthiness enchantment on it?

2. Was it just PIS that that happened?

3. The moment i saw this, I stopped watching the movie, and gave my movie away for free, that and Hulk Vs Thor I gave away for free, too.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No. I researched it to make sure an no.

2. Not sure what PIS means. I'll say yes.

3. Why? I hated that one moment, but I liked it itself. And Did you watch Hulk Vs Thor before giving it away?

#11 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

3. Why? I hated that one moment, but I liked it itself. And Did you watch Hulk Vs Thor before giving it away?

1. Okay

2. PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity, something that happens that shouldn't happen just for the sake of plot

3. because lifting Thor's hammer has nothing to do with strength, and I wsaw Hulk vs Thor, gave it away because it was too one sided with Hulk being unstoppable and Thor as a punching bag.

#12 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

1. Okay

2. PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity, something that happens that shouldn't happen just for the sake of plot

3. because lifting Thor's hammer has nothing to do with strength, and I wsaw Hulk vs Thor, gave it away because it was too one sided with Hulk being unstoppable and Thor as a punching bag.

1. Glad to help.

2. Okay. I say it is, just so that way Thor didn't stomp Hulk.

3. I hate when Hulk is able to do that. I'm pretty sure Red Hulk did in the comics. I was worried he would in the Avengers. And Hulk Vs Thor isn't worth getting then?

#13 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

1. Glad to help.

3. I hate when Hulk is able to do that. I'm pretty sure Red Hulk did in the comics. I was worried he would in the Avengers. And Hulk Vs Thor isn't worth getting then?

1. You know yahweh's my alternate account, right?

2. Okay

3. Rulk did it once...due to Jeph Loeb. But Thor got him back later:

#14 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon said:

1. Glad to help.

1. You know yahweh's my alternate account, right?

2. Okay

1. Yes, you've told me.

2. I can't think of anything else to reply with.

3. That's good.

#15 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Thanks for not ignoring me, canon.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon: Thanks for not ignoring me, canon.

Please tell me that's not sarcasm.

#17 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: I was being serious, some users ignore me when I ask for help.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@TheCannon: I was being serious, some users ignore me when I ask for help.

Okay. It's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic on the internet. You're welcome.

#19 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Okay.

#20 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Yeah, none of that made sense. Couldn't Thor just have caught it? Worst part is how it takes all his strength to lift it, then he suddenly holds it with one hand and has enough strength to throw it.

Do you think it was PIS?

#21 Posted by AweSam (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

@yahweh said:

@AweSam said:

Do you think it was PIS?

On Thor's side, yes.

#22 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

On Thor's side, yes.

You're saying Hulk shouldn't have been able to lift Thor's hammer?

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Different universe, different rules. Putting it simply, it's not the same Thor.

#24 Posted by AweSam (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

@yahweh said:

@AweSam said:

On Thor's side, yes.

You're saying Hulk shouldn't have been able to lift Thor's hammer?

I'm saying Thor should've taken it from him.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (35978 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99:

Oh for f's sake. Rulk didn't lift the hammer and those scans are from a completely different fight than the 2nd one when Loeb almost made Thor kill Rulk with ease.

#26 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Oh for f's sake. Rulk didn't lift the hammer and those scans are from a completely different fight than the 2nd one when Loeb almost made Thor kill Rulk with ease.

When I said Rulk lifted it I meant he did it only due to zero gravity. Rulk didn't gain Thor's powers from it.

#27 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the changes to Ult Thor is that even the genuine hammer?

#28 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

With all the changes to Ult Thor is that even the genuine hammer?

It is thor's hammer, but it doesn't have the worthiness enchantment on it(I think).

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27270 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TheGodofThunder (555 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone already said it but Ultimate thor used to be powered by his belt and the hammer was the battery because he lost his powers or something like that. It wasn't the real hammer.

#31 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

So if Hulk tried, say, to lift Earth 616's Thor's hammer, Hulk couldn't lift it because of strength, right?

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

You win this thread.

@yahweh said:

@Deranged Midget said:

So if Hulk tried, say, to lift Earth 616's Thor's hammer, Hulk couldn't lift it because of strength, right?

He's not worthy to do so, the answer remains no.

#33 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

This was my fav marvel people. Hulk literally ran through the avengers. Thor was knocked out the entire fight by one hit XD

#34 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

This was my fav marvel people. Hulk literally ran through the avengers. Thor was knocked out the entire fight by one hit XD

PIS.

#35 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

1. Its out of cannon.
  2. Its an animation.

This.

#36 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@ReVamp said:

1. Its out of cannon.
  2. Its an animation.

This.

Okay.

#37 Posted by ashland838 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pure Thor envy. When Stan ran the company Thor would pull out his hammer and whip anyone that stepped in his way. All the Hulk fans, always wanted to see Thor get beat down ( I seriously had a friend who hated Thor because I bragged on him all the time ). So when Stan was outted at Marvel all the Hulk loving,Mjolnir envying, straight up jealous player hating a$$'s who decided to become writers wanted to put Thor in his place so they made the Hulk the new Heavy Weight champ. When Hulk lifted Thor's hammer it's more like he moved the planet around and the hammer stayed in the same place. Total Dragonball Z garbage. Thor is Marvel's premiere heavyweight hitter and Marvel needs to reconnect with his roots. Thor has taken some massive beatdowns, but lately when he gets beat on he's been staying down. He needs to get a writter in then that'll have Thor get back in touch with his battle fury. Because when Thor gets beat down he gets up, and with a resounding battle cry he whoops somebodies a$$. Even whithout his hammer Thor can go toe to toe with the Hulk. With Mjolnir in hand Thor will keep coming at whoever steps until he vanquishes his foe. To get back to the subject you normally have to be worthy to wield Mjolnir. There is a catch though. If Thor is in the area even if threre's someone worthy, Thor can call Mjolnir back to his own hand. So aside from the total nonsense in these Cartoon movies (Hulk Vs. Was a travesty, I was insulted to watch it) Only those who are the noblest and purest of heart can wield Mjolnir.

#38 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate thor is awesome in my opinion but hulk lifting his hammer with aaaalllllllllll of his strength and then switching to like one hand was ridiculous. Thor shouldv'e totally just caught it when hulk threw it, oh but instead it knocked him out. I think we all see how some writers are making thor now; a punching bag.

#39 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@yahweh said:

Can someone please comment?? i didn't make this thread for noone to comment!!

I'll tell you why.

1) Marvel does not care to present Thor as he was originally created, powers included. Suffice to say, Marvel does not treat Thor (Marvel's original top dog) like DC treats Superman.

2) Writers and editors can be fan boys too. And this in turn, skews their writing of certain characters. Thor included.

3) Today's writers could give a rat's ^%$ about continuity in the comic books. Their research, if they are unfamiliar with the character, is piss poor. Hence, Kurt Busiek equating Thor with Wonder Woman in terms of durability.

#40 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

The way Thor's hammer works is..."He who is worthy shall possess the power of Thor"...only worthy can use it with only 1 exception, those who are equal or above Odin's Power Level. So that is utter PIS(or maybe that's just Ult Thor Hammer thing) cause Hulk isn't worthy and is not equal to Odin's power.

This.

#41 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6 said:

Ultimate thor is awesome in my opinion but hulk lifting his hammer with aaaalllllllllll of his strength and then switching to like one hand was ridiculous. Thor shouldv'e totally just caught it when hulk threw it, oh but instead it knocked him out. I think we all see how some writers are making thor now; a punching bag.

And in comics, too.

#42 Posted by The_Thunderer (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enyalios said:

That's the Ultimate Universe. That hammer was not the real Mjolnir but a scientific construct. When Thor came out in the Ultimate universe he did not have his powers (though he was the real Thor). The belt he is wearing gave him his powers and the hammer was the battery. Thor later gets his powers back as well as the real Mjolnir, which is why current pictures of Ultimate Thor he sports a hammer that looks like its 616 counterpart.

Just about to say this

#43 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

It a movie. There's really no reason why anyone should be saying its PIS or anything of the sort.

#44 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

It a movie. There's really no reason why anyone should be saying its PIS or anything of the sort.

I understand.

#45 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH

#46 Posted by ThePhoenX (118 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Pyrogram (32218 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the ultimate verse

#48 Posted by Pyrogram (32218 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX: That is going to create some fan wars

#49 Posted by HaveAtThee (443 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think that's bad, at least that is merely a teaser. Check this puppy out.

Thought I'd just share this.

Forum implosion in 3....2....1

#50 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee: Im guessing he is riding the hammer back to Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.