I am peeved, and fed up! are you too?

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to give my 2 cents about how they have degraded THOR to some kind of potato. and I don't care if you or any moderator flags or locks this topic. i need to get somethings off my chest. and i know you won't read it all, but guess what i don't care. i have time to waste.

any hulk fans or idiots that want to insult THOR will be blocked. i will not put up with immature nutheads.

THOR is the true reason why i'm so into comics, he was the first hero that caught my attention. if it were not for him, i wouldn't care about the avengers, iron man, dc or any other hero. i will still be a THOR fan till the day i die. i even have a thor statue and a thor bobble head right on my computer desk, plus over 6 THOR action figures, 3 still in the package. I nearly cried when i heard there was going to be a THOR movie.

but i'm sick and tired of giving excuses for THOR's jobbing. such as "thor is holding back" or "THOR needs to be depowered" or that "its part of the storyline" or some other defense to protect THOR.

its said that THOR is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel and even DC universe. but recently i've seen THOR get debunked, slapped, nearly killed and thrown by the likes of captain america.

THOR in perspective doesn't need the avengers and could understand why they need to down grade THOR but at the same time THOR needs to be the powerhouse that he is known to be, not some softy that can be taken down by iron man.

i've yet to see in a long while of THOR using "magic" and using pure strength. his hammer is known to a lot of things, yet its never seen anymore.

THOR could easily surpass superman in many ways but they rather make THOR into some kind of loser and get pawned by the likes of iron man. and then that only creates stupid people to think iron man is more powerful than THOR.

in the avengers cartoon. THOR was a complete waste and a jobber, he did absolutely nothing. when you think he was going to do something, he jobs and captain america gets to look like he is mightier than THOR. the only complete feat for THOR in that cartoon was defeating galactus, but even so, he needed to be helped from iron man. and i could understand its called the "avengers" but why in most episodes, captain america or iron man seem to be always getting the last move in order to win.

in the 2 ultimate avengers movie. THOR was just a waste. in 1 getting getting owned by hulk. 2 having antman, captain america and iron man out play THOR. the only cool thing THOR did was heal iron man at the ending.

yea, many people hate THOR, and thor isn't so popular, but i'm still sick of him jobbing. even dr. manhatan in that boring movie seemed beyond powerful. just cause a character is unpopular, does that give them the right to allow THOR to be a punching bag.

and don't get me started with Hulk vs. that single movie, allowed stupid people to take cheap shots on THOR and it was obviously disrespectful and just plain wrong.

in the avengers movie, THOR should have easily broken the glass. and why the heck was he ducking from the bullets, while they didn't effect the hulk. THOR could have taken the chitri with ease, but no...they rather have thor get punched by the hulk.

in the THOR movie was like the only time where we got to see a powerhouse THOR.

yea so basically i am tired of his jobbing, and of him getting treated like a punching bag. THOR shouldn't win every fight and he shouldn't hog the spotlight but they need to treat THOR with some respect let THOR be the god that he is.

i'm tired of coming up with excuses for THOR lack of feats and performance. nevertheless, THOR will always be my favourite hero, basically because he is very different from any other characters and because i can learn things from THOR and use it in everyday life.

but yeah i just had to get that off of my chest. read, respond i don't care. sorry for grammar and spelling.

#2 Posted by cameron83 (6647 posts) - - Show Bio

yea so basically i am tired of his jobbing, and of him getting treated like a punching bag. THOR shouldn't win every fight and he shouldn't hog the spotlight but they need to treat THOR with some respect let THOR be the god that he is.

I think I can understand what you're saying and I agree.WAY too often is he depowered (which is fine if it's lowered),but it's to the point where EVERYONE seems to easily surpass him and beat him up.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand where you are coming from but the ''classic'' version of Thor where he owns every thing and has to any powers is done that era is not comeing back anytime soon. Also the whole Point of the Hulk's strength is that the angryer he get the stronger he gets and there is no limet to his anger so his strength is limitless so he can become stronger than Thor. Now the whole he can become even more powerful than Superman is a debate that I'm not even going to jump in on. Any hooooo I see where you are comeing from and frankly big who care Thor is a comic book character he has and will have plenty of good and bad story's and the jobbering I'm assuming you are referring to is fractions run and frankly I liked it.

#4 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

in the avengers cartoon. THOR was a complete waste and a jobber, he did absolutely nothing. when you think he was going to do something, he jobs and captain america gets to look like he is mightier than THOR. the only complete feat for THOR in that cartoon was defeating galactus, but even so, he needed to be helped from iron man. and i could understand its called the "avengers" but why in most episodes, captain america or iron man seem to be always getting the last move in order to win.

I'm wondering if you watched the same Avengers cartoon that I did. Besides defeating Galactus (which is a huge feat in and of itself), Thor also did the following in that cartoon:

  1. Blows up Brooklyn. In the Graviton fight, he hits Graviton with a blast that clearly blows up Brooklyn in the process. This actually kindof annoys me, as Thor casually blows up the most heavily populated area of the United States and no one seems to care, but I guess we aren't suppose to think about those things. It's still a pretty crazy power feat though.
  2. Holds up Manhattan, or at least slows down its decent enough to keep it from being destroyed on impact. I guess Thor likes Manhattan more then Brooklyn.
  3. Destroys the Kree army. Seriously, everyone else struggled against the Kree, and he just made them all look like bitches.
  4. Similarly, destroys the Skrull army, while the rest of the Avengers were getting smacked around.
  5. Defeats Dr. Doom. We unfortunately don't get to see this fight, but it's heavily implied in the Purple Man episode that Thor defeated Doom. Doom pretty easily defeated the entire rest of the team (including Hulk) plus the Fantastic Four in an earlier episode.
  6. Deflects a blast fired by Kang said to be stronger then a nuke.
  7. Pretty much single handily destroys Ultron's robo-Avengers
  8. Kills Ultron (with help from Vision). Ultron was beastly in the show (as he should be). At one point Ultron himself said he considered Thor the only true threat on the Avengers.

I'm going to give my 2 in the 2 ultimate avengers movie. THOR was just a waste. in 1 getting getting owned by hulk. 2 having antman, captain america and iron man out play THOR. the only cool thing THOR did was heal iron man at the ending.

Haven't seen these so you might be right. For what it's worth though I know they are based on the Ultimate universe, where Thor is generally weaker.

yea, many people hate THOR, and thor isn't so popular, but i'm still sick of him jobbing. even dr. manhatan in that boring movie seemed beyond powerful. just cause a character is unpopular, does that give them the right to allow THOR to be a punching bag.

Thor's actually pretty popular, at least among comic book fans. On comic book resources poll, Thor ranked third, behind Spider-Man and Captain America, as the most popular Marvel character. He probably is less popular among casual movie/non-comic reading fans though. It's funny, it seems that Captain America and Thor are the most popular Avengers among actual comic readers, while Iron Man and Hulk are among the non-readers.

I will admit that he does seem to have a lot of haters as well, but any popular character is bound to also have haters.

and don't get me started with Hulk vs. that single movie, allowed stupid people to take cheap shots on THOR and it was obviously disrespectful and just plain wrong.

Yea, that Hulk Vs. movie sucks.

in the avengers movie, THOR should have easily broken the glass. and why the heck was he ducking from the bullets, while they didn't effect the hulk. THOR could have taken the chitri with ease, but no...they rather have thor get punched by the hulk.

in the THOR movie was like the only time where we got to see a powerhouse THOR.

It was said that that glass was strong enough to hold the Hulk, and Thor did break it, just with some effort. I don't know if Thor should "easily" break something that's suppose to be strong enough to stop Hulk. I do agree about the bullets though, it was weird that Thor would duck out of the way from them when they really shouldn't even bother him. I also think Thor should've gotten more screen time in the Avengers, but at least he didn't get Hawkeyed.

Personally I think they should've had Thor be the one to save Tony. That would've made more sense as it would've tied into the earlier fight between Thor and Iron Man. It was shown in that fight that Thor's lightning just made Iron Man stronger, so it would've been cool to play off that and have Thor revive Iron Man with a jolt of lightning.

@thorson said:

yea so basically i am tired of his jobbing, and of him getting treated like a punching bag. THOR shouldn't win every fight and he shouldn't hog the spotlight but they need to treat THOR with some respect let THOR be the god that he is.

I agree here, mostly at least. Thor's suppose to be Marvel's Superman. That's how Stan Lee wrote him at least, and how he was generally treated til the 90's basically. It's sad that he seems to be the character in Marvel that's been getting Worfed a lot recently.

#5 Edited by SC (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonchilde: Great post and break down.

I can empathize with OP, but for myself personally, I have like 50 other favorite characters who would be luck to be in Thor's place. So true, Thor doesn't get the same pops or spots or push characters like Superman might? I am okay with that, he is still doing better than the majority. I am more annoyed that we lost Michael Avon Oeming, JMS and Gillen from Thor titles - Oh and under JMS and Gillen Thor was outselling Superman, Wonder Woman, Hulk titles heh heh - I don't think he is anymore and wasn't under Fraction but basically a fed up Thor fan needs is a great writer that introduces the character to new fans but it has to be a particular kind of writer, a JMS or Oeming type (am enjoying Aaron's run not sure whether he is that type though)

Moderator
#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

....When did Thor ever get 'nearly killed and thrown by the likes of Captain America'? I'm genuinely interested in this.

#7 Posted by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude you have read my mind. I couldn't agree with you more that Thor needs to be treated like the freaking god of thunder not a wimpy version of the hulk. But I must admit I do like some hulk stories but some hulk writers on the other hand get on my nerves. Unfortunately what it comes down to is that marvel needs to sell comics and unfortunately most people will not buy a Hulk comic if Thor curb stomps him, same for Thor comics. I'm not defending anyone I'm just saying what needs to be said. Thor 2 is coming out and that may boost his popularity tenfold and finally get people to realize he is the most powerful hero in comics and maybe then his dark days of Fraction and bad writing will be behind us.

#8 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

I'm going to give my 2 cents about how they have degraded THOR to some kind of potato. and I don't care if you or any moderator flags or locks this topic. i need to get somethings off my chest. and i know you won't read it all, but guess what i don't care. i have time to waste.

any hulk fans or idiots that want to insult THOR will be blocked. i will not put up with immature nutheads.

THOR is the true reason why i'm so into comics, he was the first hero that caught my attention. if it were not for him, i wouldn't care about the avengers, iron man, dc or any other hero. i will still be a THOR fan till the day i die. i even have a thor statue and a thor bobble head right on my computer desk, plus over 6 THOR action figures, 3 still in the package. I nearly cried when i heard there was going to be a THOR movie.

but i'm sick and tired of giving excuses for THOR's jobbing. such as "thor is holding back" or "THOR needs to be depowered" or that "its part of the storyline" or some other defense to protect THOR.

its said that THOR is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel and even DC universe. but recently i've seen THOR get debunked, slapped, nearly killed and thrown by the likes of captain america.

THOR in perspective doesn't need the avengers and could understand why they need to down grade THOR but at the same time THOR needs to be the powerhouse that he is known to be, not some softy that can be taken down by iron man.

i've yet to see in a long while of THOR using "magic" and using pure strength. his hammer is known to a lot of things, yet its never seen anymore.

THOR could easily surpass superman in many ways but they rather make THOR into some kind of loser and get pawned by the likes of iron man. and then that only creates stupid people to think iron man is more powerful than THOR.

in the avengers cartoon. THOR was a complete waste and a jobber, he did absolutely nothing. when you think he was going to do something, he jobs and captain america gets to look like he is mightier than THOR. the only complete feat for THOR in that cartoon was defeating galactus, but even so, he needed to be helped from iron man. and i could understand its called the "avengers" but why in most episodes, captain america or iron man seem to be always getting the last move in order to win.

in the 2 ultimate avengers movie. THOR was just a waste. in 1 getting getting owned by hulk. 2 having antman, captain america and iron man out play THOR. the only cool thing THOR did was heal iron man at the ending.

yea, many people hate THOR, and thor isn't so popular, but i'm still sick of him jobbing. even dr. manhatan in that boring movie seemed beyond powerful. just cause a character is unpopular, does that give them the right to allow THOR to be a punching bag.

and don't get me started with Hulk vs. that single movie, allowed stupid people to take cheap shots on THOR and it was obviously disrespectful and just plain wrong.

in the avengers movie, THOR should have easily broken the glass. and why the heck was he ducking from the bullets, while they didn't effect the hulk. THOR could have taken the chitri with ease, but no...they rather have thor get punched by the hulk.

in the THOR movie was like the only time where we got to see a powerhouse THOR.

yea so basically i am tired of his jobbing, and of him getting treated like a punching bag. THOR shouldn't win every fight and he shouldn't hog the spotlight but they need to treat THOR with some respect let THOR be the god that he is.

i'm tired of coming up with excuses for THOR lack of feats and performance. nevertheless, THOR will always be my favourite hero, basically because he is very different from any other characters and because i can learn things from THOR and use it in everyday life.

but yeah i just had to get that off of my chest. read, respond i don't care. sorry for grammar and spelling.

Agree... thor is now a punching bag.. jobber.....

ZERO strength feats in over the last 15 years.....

he gets no respect....

hulk vs thor dvd i watched once and i had to snap the dvd... total disrespect to thor fans......

screw marvel

as a true thor fan I just stick mostly to back issues of when thor was actually thor.. classic thor

marvel can go **** themselves with their bias and garbage movies.....

#9 Posted by Saren (25280 posts) - - Show Bio

I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer and I simply must know: why do you keep capitalizing THOR?

Moderator
#10 Edited by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
@thorson said:

I'm going to give my 2 cents about how they have degraded THOR to some kind of potato. and I don't care if you or any moderator flags or locks this topic. i need to get somethings off my chest. and i know you won't read it all, but guess what i don't care. i have time to waste.

any hulk fans or idiots that want to insult THOR will be blocked. i will not put up with immature nutheads.

THOR is the true reason why i'm so into comics, he was the first hero that caught my attention. if it were not for him, i wouldn't care about the avengers, iron man, dc or any other hero. i will still be a THOR fan till the day i die. i even have a thor statue and a thor bobble head right on my computer desk, plus over 6 THOR action figures, 3 still in the package. I nearly cried when i heard there was going to be a THOR movie.

but i'm sick and tired of giving excuses for THOR's jobbing. such as "thor is holding back" or "THOR needs to be depowered" or that "its part of the storyline" or some other defense to protect THOR.

its said that THOR is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel and even DC universe. but recently i've seen THOR get debunked, slapped, nearly killed and thrown by the likes of captain america.

THOR in perspective doesn't need the avengers and could understand why they need to down grade THOR but at the same time THOR needs to be the powerhouse that he is known to be, not some softy that can be taken down by iron man.

i've yet to see in a long while of THOR using "magic" and using pure strength. his hammer is known to a lot of things, yet its never seen anymore.

THOR could easily surpass superman in many ways but they rather make THOR into some kind of loser and get pawned by the likes of iron man. and then that only creates stupid people to think iron man is more powerful than THOR.

in the avengers cartoon. THOR was a complete waste and a jobber, he did absolutely nothing. when you think he was going to do something, he jobs and captain america gets to look like he is mightier than THOR. the only complete feat for THOR in that cartoon was defeating galactus, but even so, he needed to be helped from iron man. and i could understand its called the "avengers" but why in most episodes, captain america or iron man seem to be always getting the last move in order to win.

in the 2 ultimate avengers movie. THOR was just a waste. in 1 getting getting owned by hulk. 2 having antman, captain america and iron man out play THOR. the only cool thing THOR did was heal iron man at the ending.

yea, many people hate THOR, and thor isn't so popular, but i'm still sick of him jobbing. even dr. manhatan in that boring movie seemed beyond powerful. just cause a character is unpopular, does that give them the right to allow THOR to be a punching bag.

and don't get me started with Hulk vs. that single movie, allowed stupid people to take cheap shots on THOR and it was obviously disrespectful and just plain wrong.

in the avengers movie, THOR should have easily broken the glass. and why the heck was he ducking from the bullets, while they didn't effect the hulk. THOR could have taken the chitri with ease, but no...they rather have thor get punched by the hulk.

in the THOR movie was like the only time where we got to see a powerhouse THOR.

yea so basically i am tired of his jobbing, and of him getting treated like a punching bag. THOR shouldn't win every fight and he shouldn't hog the spotlight but they need to treat THOR with some respect let THOR be the god that he is.

i'm tired of coming up with excuses for THOR lack of feats and performance. nevertheless, THOR will always be my favourite hero, basically because he is very different from any other characters and because i can learn things from THOR and use it in everyday life.

but yeah i just had to get that off of my chest. read, respond i don't care. sorry for grammar and spelling.

Yeah, he has been converted into a punching bag and downgraded. But as i remember, when he fought Iron Man, he completely owned him because he wanted to show him the diference between a "metal man and a god" and because of that he didn´t hold back.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

It really doesn't bother me that much, tbh

Moderator
#12 Posted by Farkam (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor had his testicles threatened and called an eunuch consistently by his granddaughters recently. Thor just don't get no respect these days. Rofl.

#13 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

He's rebounded somewhat with the Aaron/Ribic title and the Uncanny Avengers book. Considerably better treatment in his book and UA in comparison with Bendis' Avengers and Fraction's Thor. Thor: God of Thunder has been a critically acclaimed title for the most part (easily Marvel NOW's best solo title). Heck, in the most recent issue Young Thor (without Mjolnir) called down a storm of fire on a planet where his granddaughters could not. In Remender's "Ragnarok Now" story he stomped Apocalypse's Four Horsemen like they were twerps and (with Sunfire's help) saved Rio De Janeiro. He's being written infinitely better under Jason Aaron and Rick Remender than under previous regimes (especially during AVX).

I don't know what cartoon you watched, but Thor was a beast in EMH, especially in the second season. Actually, that cartoon contained the best overall characterization of the entire team and its villains, not just Thor. Some of Marvel's writers currently handling Avengers properties could learn a thing or two from the show. The new "Avengers Assemble" looks to be complete crap but that doesn't surprise me given that Jeph Loeb is involved.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

....When did Thor ever get 'nearly killed and thrown by the likes of Captain America'? I'm genuinely interested in this.

Nobody?

#15 Posted by ben_coby (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark lol dont push it ppl are griefing.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm peeved and fed up with the constant whining about Thor's power level,jobbing,downplaying etc. on these forums.

Moderator
#17 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby said:

@veshark lol dont push it ppl are griefing.

I'm not 'pushing' anything, I'm trying to verify a claim.

#18 Posted by ben_coby (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark

ok i am with you then.

#19 Posted by ben_coby (185 posts) - - Show Bio

We (I and Vershark) .......want to know When did Thor ever get 'nearly killed, and thrown by the likes of Captain America'. we are genuinely intersted in this

Nobody?

#20 Posted by sagejonathan (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude you have read my mind. I couldn't agree with you more that Thor needs to be treated like the freaking god of thunder not a wimpy version of the hulk. But I must admit I do like some hulk stories but some hulk writers on the other hand get on my nerves. Unfortunately what it comes down to is that marvel needs to sell comics and unfortunately most people will not buy a Hulk comic if Thor curb stomps him, same for Thor comics. I'm not defending anyone I'm just saying what needs to be said. Thor 2 is coming out and that may boost his popularity tenfold and finally get people to realize he is the most powerful hero in comics and maybe then his dark days of Fraction and bad writing will be behind us.

Pretty much this. Let's just hope Thor: The Dark World emphasizes how powerful and epic Thor actually is.

#21 Edited by acer51 (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you OP.

I am fed up of them turning Thor into some kind of wuss, Thor's not my favorite Avenger, but I've always respected his position as one of Marvels most powerfull heros.

I was infuriated when in a recent issue of All New X-men that Jean Grey an untrained telepathic and telekinetic BFRs Thor with ease. Writers have no qualms about use PIS or WIS to get rid of Thor because he's so dang powerfull that if they kept him around it would ruin the plot.

Well I say if that's the case they should have him leave the Avengers and join the Defenders, the kind of villains they fight are right up Thors alley.

#22 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@acer51 said:

I agree with you OP.

I am fed up of them turning Thor into some kind of wuss, Thor's not my favorite Avenger, but I've always respected his position as one of Marvels most powerfull heros.

*I was infuriated when in a recent issue of All New X-men that Jean Grey an untrained telepathic and telekinetic BFRs Thor with ease. Writers have no qualms about use PIS or WIS to get rid of Thor because he's so dang powerfull that if they kept him around it would ruin the plot.*

Well I say if that's the case they should have him leave the Avengers and join the Defenders, the kind of villains they fight are right up Thors alley.

You can thank the great and powerful Bendis for this.

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17307 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

I agree with you OP.

I am fed up of them turning Thor into some kind of wuss, Thor's not my favorite Avenger, but I've always respected his position as one of Marvels most powerfull heros.

*I was infuriated when in a recent issue of All New X-men that Jean Grey an untrained telepathic and telekinetic BFRs Thor with ease. Writers have no qualms about use PIS or WIS to get rid of Thor because he's so dang powerfull that if they kept him around it would ruin the plot.*

Well I say if that's the case they should have him leave the Avengers and join the Defenders, the kind of villains they fight are right up Thors alley.

You can thank the great and powerful Bendis for this.

next thing you know thor will be talking like a street gansta! Have at the......err....SHOOT EM DAWG!

#24 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

I agree with everything you said except for what you said about superman. don't nerf one character to prove a point about how powerful another is. my opinion is that they are both extremely powerful and on equal footing. if they were to fight ten times I think it would be 50/50 split. I agree that writers shouldn't nerf powerful characters because of story telling. if youre not good enough to write a powerful character leave them out of your story completely. I made a thread pretty much just like this one about Superman once....

#25 Posted by ben_coby (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@SOG7dc

I agree with you about the whole nerfing one character thing. But the thing is superman has not jobbed as bad as how Thor is jobbing now, so as to why you would create a similar thread for him in the past leaves of wondering.

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32739 posts) - - Show Bio

*groans*

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby:

how is thor jobbing right now? im reading thor god of thunder and I haven't seen any blatant jobbing. and my thread was more about all of supermans lame weaknesses. a lot of them are pointless and I made a thread about superman being " the tomato can of elite heroes" because of them

#28 Posted by ben_coby (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@SOG7d

A lot of said jobbings have been mentioned by OP in this thread. i know superman has got some lame weaknesses but how often was it or is it used against him?, as PD by writers.(even if it is used, it very little and he will come back to save the day). " the tomato can of

elite heroes", when?

#29 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has NEVER been jobbed quite like Thor. It's almost like Marvel was joking around when they wrote AVX and decided to use Thor as a guinea pig for an ABSOLUTELY AWFUL story about the ridiculous Phoenix Force.

#30 Edited by HumanRocket (7446 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed with this threat. My one thing about the Thor movie and the Avengers was how depowered they made him. Iron Man was able to hold his ground against thor in the Avengers while in the comics when thor made his return from the void and fought iron man he owned iron man and could have killed him but let him off with a warning. I get iron man can probably hold his own maybe using the thor buster armor but just a regular armor?

#31 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I think had Cap not intervened Thor could've eventually stomped Iron Man. I do agree though Thor was made to look somewhat buffoonish for the benefit of RDJ.

#32 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket:

It's obvious that Thor was pulling his punches in that fight with Iron man, especially given what he's been shown doing in the comics as well as his own movie!

Thor was even able to fight on par with the Hulk. Iron man can't do that!

#33 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket:

It's obvious that Thor was pulling his punches in that fight with Iron man, especially given what he's been shown doing in the comics as well as his own movie!

Thor was even able to fight on par with the Hulk. Iron man can't do that!

Most people think Iron Man is on par or even more powerful than Thor, at least casual moviegoers. Check out their fight on Youtube and read the comments section.

#34 Posted by w0nd (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001 said:

@humanrocket:

It's obvious that Thor was pulling his punches in that fight with Iron man, especially given what he's been shown doing in the comics as well as his own movie!

Thor was even able to fight on par with the Hulk. Iron man can't do that!

Most people think Iron Man is on par or even more powerful than Thor, at least casual moviegoers. Check out their fight on Youtube and read the comments section.

Then they are fools. During the last battle thor and hulk effectively took down those giants with power alone. Ironman had to fly inside of one and blow himself up.....i need a link to this video.

#35 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Eh, Jason Aaron seems to be doing Thor justice these days. Have you noticed Thor's combat speed has picked up since he's been writing him? And his recent fight with Gorr? Not too shabby....Gorr is just a super powered beast.

#36 Edited by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: in earth's mightest hero's in the episode when captain america gets unfrozen. thor was standing behind him and wam cap threw thor like a pack of cans.

#37 Posted by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: his name looks more bold and better when capitalized. and its for out of respect for THOR.

#38 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@veshark: in earth's mightest hero's in the episode when captain america gets unfrozen. thor was standing behind him and wam cap threw thor like a pack of cans.

Oohkay....well first off, it was an animated series, not an actual comic....so take it with a grain of salt. And you said he was 'nearly killed by the likes of Captain America' which was hardly true. Cap just kicked him aside, that's it.

#39 Posted by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

@veshark said:

@thorson said:

@veshark: in earth's mightest hero's in the episode when captain america gets unfrozen. thor was standing behind him and wam cap threw thor like a pack of cans.

Oohkay....well first off, it was an animated series, not an actual comic....so take it with a grain of salt. And you said he was 'nearly killed by the likes of Captain America' which was hardly true. Cap just kicked him aside, that's it.

doesn't matter to me if it was a animation or not. And I was only exaggerating when i said "he nearly killed thor". "Kicked"? well THOR is suppose to be like 600 pounds with might and great power. He should not have been able to throw him like that so easily.

#40 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@veshark:

@veshark said:

@thorson said:

@veshark: in earth's mightest hero's in the episode when captain america gets unfrozen. thor was standing behind him and wam cap threw thor like a pack of cans.

Oohkay....well first off, it was an animated series, not an actual comic....so take it with a grain of salt. And you said he was 'nearly killed by the likes of Captain America' which was hardly true. Cap just kicked him aside, that's it.

doesn't matter to me if it was a animation or not. And I was only exaggerating when i said "he nearly killed thor". "Kicked"? well THOR is suppose to be like 600 pounds with might and great power. He should not have been able to throw him like that so easily.

...That's not an exaggeration, that's just a really inaccurate statement that completely led me astray. Either way it seems like a pretty minor incident, it was just for a split second and it was on a cartoon, not even on an actual comic no less. It wasn't as though they had an extended fight of Cap beating up Thor.

#41 Edited by adamjh95 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

what thor comics should i read where he is portrayed as he should be? i really like thor and just want to know what should i read

#42 Posted by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamjh95: Thor God of Thunder, Marvel Now series. Wait til next Wednesday when the series is over.

#43 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel ya. When I was seeing Aquaman getting mocked on, this got me a little pissed and this mainly was because of Super Friends, lol. Also to blame is Eric Larson, the writer after Peter David's successful run with the character and the creator(s) with the rights to Aquaman for letting him get that far down into being a joke. Aquaman was and is my favorite superhero being the watersman I am, it was my nature to like him. I almost squirted when Ivan Reis became the main artist for Aquaman and nearly cried in joy when I heard that Geoff Johns took the throne as the main writer for him.

And I was gonna say the same about the Cap until you brought his name up, lol.

#44 Posted by MightyBeast (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally agree with what most are posting. Especially on the hulk vs. 8 hear to turn that off cause it almost made me vomit. And on avengers I read somewhere rdj was reading the script and didn't like how he was getting his @$$ wiped by Thor so they changed a few things. Well rdj is the biggest actor on avengers so I may not agree but understand y they did that. And for the record I am a big Thor fan but hulk Wolverine silver surfer and spidey are also my favorites in marvel.

#45 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

eh get used to it. marvel usually goes with what is popular at the moment and wipes their a** with the rest. at least, it's not like dc. BATMAN, BATMAN etc until you puke.

#46 Posted by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

eh get used to it. marvel usually goes with what is popular at the moment and wipes their a** with the rest. at least, it's not like dc. BATMAN, BATMAN etc until you puke.

but your a batman fan...

#47 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Nah, he complains about Batman in nearly every thread he's ever been in. I have no idea why Batman's his profile pic.

#48 Edited by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

After rewatching EMH season 1 and 2, I think I made a couple false claims. I realized how important it was to depower THOR. Not only did THOR get knocked out a few times, so did all the other avengers.

THOR had incredible feats his top 3 are vs skrulls, kree and galactus he just pounded them. Nevertheless, my perception has changed and I feel THOR was portrayed fine. If he was too powerful than there wouldn't have been a story that gave other characters feats. (Such as Hawkeye and Wasp).

My apologizes.

#49 Posted by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Good man. Not a lotta people own up these days.

@thorson said:

After rewatching EMH season 1 and 2, I think I made a couple false claims. I realized how important it was to depower THOR. Not only did THOR get knocked out a few times, so did all the other avengers.

THOR had incredible feats his top 3 are vs skrulls, kree and galactus he just pounded them. Nevertheless, my perception has changed and I feel THOR was portrayed fine. If he was too powerful than there wouldn't have been a story that gave other characters feats. (Such as Hawkeye and Wasp).

My apologizes.

#50 Posted by THORSON (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Good man. Not a lotta people own up these days.

@thorson said:

After rewatching EMH season 1 and 2, I think I made a couple false claims. I realized how important it was to depower THOR. Not only did THOR get knocked out a few times, so did all the other avengers.

THOR had incredible feats his top 3 are vs skrulls, kree and galactus he just pounded them. Nevertheless, my perception has changed and I feel THOR was portrayed fine. If he was too powerful than there wouldn't have been a story that gave other characters feats. (Such as Hawkeye and Wasp).

My apologizes.

Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.