How would you do a Thor video game?

#1 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

Title speaks for itself. The character has the potential to have an extremely good game. I was wondering what ideas people have.

Off the top of my head, I have no clue what to do. Sorry.

#2 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Open-World. that's taken over by Loki. Jane Foster and Sif are captured, along with Odin, and the other Asgardians. Plus, Loki has the Odinforce, and Surtur's army is coming.

As Thor you must traverse The 9 Realms and free the Asgardians and gather an army, while also mastering new powers given to him by the Asgardians. In the end, Thor travels to and fights Surtur along with Loki. Loki is defeated by Surtur, and Thor gains the Odinforce, given him even more powers and amps him considerably. Thor then fights Surtur adn defeats him.

fin.

#3 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

not like the one they released on the back of the movie that game sucked big time

#4 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

The game play can be a lot like God of War with Thor using Mjolnir for melee fights, weather attacks and flight. 9 levels for 9 realms. As for storyline goes he is the bringer of Ragnarok to all the worlds something like that...

#5 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much what everyone else said. Nine realms (maybe beginning in Midgard and ending in Asgard?), fighting a flurry of Thor's mightiest rogues (Loki, Surtur, Absorbing Man, Destroyer, Enchantress and Executioner, Ymir) maybe with something about Yggdrasil in there. With supporting help from Sif, Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, and Beta Ray Bill!

But the key to making a Thor game good would be granting him god-like power. Much like how the Batman Arkham series made you feel like Batman with all the detective clues, crawling around, and taking thugs down one at a time, Thor's combat needs to fill incredibly powerful. Large, flashy attacks with lots of hammer-spinning, hammer-throwing, and hammer-bashing! I especially like the idea of him gaining an Odinforce power-up. Maybe he can even wield classic Marvel weapons like the Twilight Sword.

Oh, and Thor should get alternate costumes! Classic Thor, Oliver Coipel Thor, Donald Blake, Ultimate Thor, Bearded Thor, Thor Frog!

#6 Posted by ghostsuck (137 posts) - - Show Bio

throw in thrash

#7 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Wow. That sounds epic.

@cmartin: Any more specific?

@Brit: Pretty cool.

@Veshark: It was awesome until I saw the word frog. Oh, who am I kidding? It sounds amazing.

@ghostsuck: Um... what?

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Open world or nothing.

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't make a Thor game, I'd make a Journey into Mystery game.

That way I get my Thor and my playable Sif.

Maybe Kid Loki too if I'm allowed to have whatever I want.

#10 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I'd make a Journey into Mystery game.

So true

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

My little pony thor themed

#12 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill for co-op

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Open-World. that's taken over by Loki. Jane Foster and Sif are captured, along with Odin, and the other Asgardians. Plus, Loki has the Odinforce, and Surtur's army is coming.

As Thor you must traverse The 9 Realms and free the Asgardians and gather an army, while also mastering new powers given to him by the Asgardians. In the end, Thor travels to and fights Surtur along with Loki. Loki is defeated by Surtur, and Thor gains the Odinforce, given him even more powers and amps him considerably. Thor then fights Surtur adn defeats him.

fin.

That sounds awesome. I didn't think it possible for there to be a good sounding game for someone as powerful as Thor...

#14 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

fin.

This.

Also...

@FiMFTW said:

Beta Ray Bill for co-op

This. Introduce him in alternate side missions, and make him playable eventually. Kind of like Spartan Ops in Halo 4.

#15 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Make it a cross between Skyrim and God of War. Open world is a must, as is multiple playable characters. I must be able to play as Balder or the Warriors 3.

#16 Posted by XLR87T3 (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

Pretty much what everyone else said. Nine realms (maybe beginning in Midgard and ending in Asgard?), fighting a flurry of Thor's mightiest rogues (Loki, Surtur, Absorbing Man, Destroyer, Enchantress and Executioner, Ymir) maybe with something about Yggdrasil in there. With supporting help from Sif, Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, and Beta Ray Bill!

But the key to making a Thor game good would be granting him god-like power. Much like how the Batman Arkham series made you feel like Batman with all the detective clues, crawling around, and taking thugs down one at a time, Thor's combat needs to fill incredibly powerful. Large, flashy attacks with lots of hammer-spinning, hammer-throwing, and hammer-bashing! I especially like the idea of him gaining an Odinforce power-up. Maybe he can even wield classic Marvel weapons like the Twilight Sword.

Oh, and Thor should get alternate costumes! Classic Thor, Oliver Coipel Thor, Donald Blake, Ultimate Thor, Bearded Thor, Thor Frog!

You have it right. Also, if it is on the Xbox 360, you should be able to lock-on to multiple enemies for a hammer throw (holding X while moving L stick), or one opponent for absorption powers(holding Y). X is the melee button for hammer swings and B is lightning. Press A to jump, hold A to hover in mid-air, use L stick to fly and move, C for camera. The flight should be something like LEGO Batman 2 and Superman Returns with the ability fight in the air. But the most important thing is to have a good story and good characters/voice acting. They got on that pretty well with the Amazing Spiderman game.

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically same gameplay as Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I loved the Asgard level on that game..

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716:

Odin Force Thor should lose to Surtur. Make him unlock his full potential like Odin, and Gaea want him to be. So he'll surpass all of them without powerups, but his won power.

#19 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be like the mix between prototype 2 and god of war 3. Openworld. Thor can do side missions, like taking down minor super villains like absorbing man, the man story line, should be surtur rising. The climax should be Thor unlocking the odin force within him, and uses it to defeat surtur.

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like like Arkham City with destructable environments , and more villians than i could count, as well as Thor vs other heroes such as the big Gren Guy Banner! Lot's of appearances by fellow avengers, multiple costumes, and multiple endings, the game would also take place in the 9 realms as well. Extra maps realm maps , Beta Ray Bill DLC and map pack as well as SIf missions and Valkyrie, Little Loki DLC as well.

#21 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Huge Budget, Rocksteady Studios give us a Thor version of Arkham City.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.