How strong is the godblast?

#1 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok its a question but say mjolnir doesnt break and thor is able to fully channel his energy in the godblast. How strong would you guys say the godblast at full power is? like multiplanet busting or universe busting universe shaking, dimensional taring i know its strong and mjolnir has broken because of the output of the godblast now what is your guy's thought if mjolnir cant break and is up to thor's own energy put?

#2 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

You aren't hoping that it somehow makes a powerful marvel character comparable to DC(superman) or something are you?

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:
no not even close im just kinda sick of people always saying thor's godblast is this all powerful multiversal attack i just want to know what a limit on the power would be
#4 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @LT1085: no not even close im just kinda sick of people always saying thor's godblast is this all powerful multiversal attack i just want to know what a limit on the power would be "

Whoever is telling you that the Godblast is a Multiversal attack is lying. The Godblast, while powerful, stops being effective once it is used against beings like The Celestials. In fact, Arishem the Judge took a Godblast at full force once (during Alone Against The Celestials) and didn't lose even the tiniest bit of polish on that cherry red armor of his, in other words...it didn't do a damn thing. Arishem didn't even notice that he had been attacked (well, he probably did, but didn't care) and continued to ignore Thor while waiting for Exitar's arrival. Though...that wasn't the first time someone has failed trying to hurt Arishem with a Godblast.

During the Third Celestial Host on Earth; Odin, Vishnu and Zeus fired a triple-Godblast at Arishem and looked on in horror and despair as he casually deflected and dispersed the attack. Though, unlike Thor, the three Skyfathers did garner a reaction from him. A reaction that nearly resulted in the realms of Asgard, Nirvana, Olympus, etc. being sealed off from the mortal realm forevermore. But anyways...no, the Godblast is not that powerful. I don't care who says otherwise, it isn't and it never will be.
#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

not as bad as people keep making it out to be.
i took a godblast to the chest back in the day and i would put it
between getting a neck tat and accidental ripping out a fingernail.
you can get through one.

#6 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
For anyone who needs physical evidence of my "claims", here are scans of various Godblasts failing to harm Arishem. I also included scans of the Godblast used on Exitar at the end of Alone Against The Celestials and a rough idea of how much power Thor channeled into that final Godblast. Note: The events in the first scan below took place during The Third Host, which took place 1000 years prior to the Fourth. The events in all other scans took place after The Fourth Host.

Odin, Vishnu and Zeus perform a "Tri-Godblast" on Arishem: 

I know the attack wasn't referred to as a Godblast in this but, if my memory is serving me correctly, the term Godblast hadn't been coined yet.

Thor Godblasts Arishem:

Thor Godblasts Exitar and actually does something, but ends up paying a most terrible price, two prices actually. Unfortunately I don't have scans of Exitar hocking Thor up like a loogie and spewing him out over the far-distant horizon of the seemingly doomed world of Pangoria:

Extra Content: This is a rough idea of the actual level of power Thor channeled into Mjolnir in order to perform his final Godblast:

You'd think that such power would have allowed Thor to, at the very least, cut the connection Exitar uses to control his armor and interact with the mortal realm from hyperspace, but it doesn't.
#7 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox:
awesome thx gray fox for the scans i was just sick of people trying to overhype the character and i love thor hes one of my favorites but everytime i debated with someone not even on here they just kept overpowering the move so this helps a bit
#8 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: 
yet when he fired it at exitar and mjolnir broke it still had the belt on which doubles its durability    but in that last scan that was him absorbing the null bomb which i think was stated to take out an entire solar system or even more so did he did he absorb the energy but used a godblast to fire the blast away to the sun?
#9 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:
Did you realy just say that? dude are you effing high? Thor would smoke superman untill we bring in the planet towing versions

Now

#10 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:  and because i feel like your going to bring this up 
DOnt even bother using the "superman lifting meggadoN" feat because the reguler superman did not and cant do that only Superman prime who tows planets did that 
the reguler sueprman has the streangth to move moons but he cant lift meggadon like Prime and i am not using superman PRIME i am only using hte reguler sups 

i will leave you with this scan of thor lifting the midgaurd serpent

#11 Edited by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

" @The Gray Fox: yet when he fired it at exitar and mjolnir broke it still had the belt on which doubles its durability    but in that last scan that was him absorbing the null bomb which i think was stated to take out an entire solar system or even more so did he did he absorb the energy but used a godblast to fire the blast away to the sun? "

Hmm...that is true. But, what most people don't know about this saga, since not a lot of younger people have read it, is that The Celestials (Arishem and Exitar) personally reforged Mjolnir for Thor after they cured Pangoria (and gave him a stern warning about staying away from them while they are doing very important stuff), and in doing so perhaps they made it even more durable than ever before, thus making it "easier" to unleash such an attack (whenever the need for it arises) without having to worry whether Mjolnir will blow up again or not. Of course, this is just speculation concerning the answer to a question that will more than likely never get answered.
#12 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox:
if mjolnir blows up again thor will die since his fight with bor and he had to use the odinforce to fix it with strange i do have the scan for that. But its gonna be interesting to see now that fraction is taking over post siege thor . But with the repaired mjolnir it might even be stronger with the odinforce in it even tho thor is back to classic levels. But i created this thread to try and find a good range of power for the godblast i know thor's strength alone can break planets but like ive seen people say the godblast shakes the universe and blah blah just a whole bunch of fanboyism id probably say maybe the godblast is atleast multiplanet busting at most galaxy busting since it did break exitar's dome drive off a weakened galactus and even a weak version of the attack pushed juggs back and i think he even used it to kill the midgard serpent not entirely sure but that was an above a planet sized snake
#13 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox said:
" For anyone who needs physical evidence of my "claims", here are scans of various Godblasts failing to harm Arishem. I also included scans of the Godblast used on Exitar at the end of Alone Against The Celestials and a rough idea of how much power Thor channeled into that final Godblast. Note: The events in the first scan below took place during The Third Host, which took place 1000 years prior to the Fourth. The events in all other scans took place after The Fourth Host.

Odin, Vishnu and Zeus perform a "Tri-Godblast" on Arishem: 

I know the attack wasn't referred to as a Godblast in this but, if my memory is serving me correctly, the term Godblast hadn't been coined yet.

Thor Godblasts Arishem:

Thor Godblasts Exitar and actually does something, but ends up paying a most terrible price, two prices actually. Unfortunately I don't have scans of Exitar hocking Thor up like a loogie and spewing him out over the far-distant horizon of the seemingly doomed world of Pangoria:

Extra Content: This is a rough idea of the actual level of power Thor channeled into Mjolnir in order to perform his final Godblast:

You'd think that such power would have allowed Thor to, at the very least, cut the connection Exitar uses to control his armor and interact with the mortal realm from hyperspace, but it doesn't.
"

he hit arsheim with the magnetic energies of the planet they were on not the godblast  

but it is powerful enough to kill hungry Galactus according to Galactus
#14 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"he hit arsheim with the magnetic energies of the planet they were on not the godblast   but it is powerful enough to kill hungry Galactus according to Galactus "

In order for a Godblast to even work, Thor must draw a great deal of energy (i.e., Null Bomb energy, Lifeforce energy, etc.) into Mjolnir, give it a moment or so to accumulate a great deal of power and then unleash all that accumulated power upon his foes in the form of a searing white-hot pillar of raw energy. 

Which is exactly what Thor did when he drew forth the magnetic energy from Pangoria's core and pelted it at Arishem. It just doesn't look like the average Godblast because Thor had overloaded Mjolnir and did not have the time to focus this particular Godblast into the form we have always associated the attack with when he unleashed it.

Moving on, in what series did Galactus say that The Godblast was capable of killing him?
#15 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
"he hit arsheim with the magnetic energies of the planet they were on not the godblast   but it is powerful enough to kill hungry Galactus according to Galactus "
 In order for a Godblast to even work, Thor must draw a great deal of energy (i.e., Null Bomb energy, Lifeforce energy, etc.) into Mjolnir, give it a moment or so to accumulate a great deal of power and then unleash all that accumulated power upon his foes in the form of a searing white-hot pillar of raw energy.   Which is exactly what Thor did when he drew forth the magnetic energy from Pangoria's core and pelted it at Arishem. It just doesn't look like the average Godblast because Thor had overloaded Mjolnir and did not have the time to focus this particular Godblast into the form we have always associated the attack with when he unleashed it. Moving on, in what series did Galactus say that The Godblast was capable of killing him? "

the"godblast" is when he draws in his own Godly life foce and channels that through Mjolneir, the energys for the Godblast come from within Thor. he can draw in other energies i.e. Magnetic, or the energies from the null bomb for a blast but it wouldn't be a "Godblast".  The Godblast has only been used by Thor 3 times against arseim, against Galactus and against the Juggernaut. He once did the opposite of the Godblast when he channeled Mjolneir's energys through himself for a blast.

Thor #161 Thor uses the Godblast on Galactus and he flees for his life  

#16 Posted by deathlife (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the energy absorbing stuff with mjolnir isn't the God blast. The God blast is not something Thor uses often because it is essentially a suicide run (i mean, using you life energy in that form).

#17 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker:
yes "classic" thor would beat a normal superman your right
#18 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"not as bad as people keep making it out to be. i took a godblast to the chest back in the day and i would put it between getting a neck tat and accidental ripping out a fingernail. you can get through one. "

lol
#19 Posted by skeeter_eater (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
"not as bad as people keep making it out to be. i took a godblast to the chest back in the day and i would put it between getting a neck tat and accidental ripping out a fingernail. you can get through one. "
lol "
double lol
#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio
@skeeter_eater said:
" @batman_is_god said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
lol "
double lol "
triple lol
#21 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

The most powerful God Blast seen so far was used when rallied the Thor Corps and he provided at least 1/4 of the power needed to hold together the Multiverse, and prevent it from collapsing. It happened in Thor Corps #4. Pretty damn uber.

#22 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@T @The Gray Fox said:

"In order for a Godblast to even work, Thor must draw a great deal of energy (i.e., Null Bomb energy, Lifeforce energy, etc.) into Mjolnir, give it a moment or so to accumulate a great deal of power and then unleash all that accumulated power upon his foes in the form of a searing white-hot pillar of raw energy.   Which is exactly what Thor did when he drew forth the magnetic energy from Pangoria's core and pelted it at Arishem. It just doesn't look like the average Godblast because Thor had overloaded Mjolnir and did not have the time to focus this particular Godblast into the form we have always associated the attack with when he unleashed it. Moving on, in what series did Galactus say that The Godblast was capable of killing him? "

Lol what? You completely made that up.

The God Blast is Thor's own godly essence combined and channeled into Mjolnir, then released in one explosive blast. Those scenes you posted were not Thor utilizing the God Blast but one of Mjolnir's most potent abilities: The ability to absorb, amplify, and re-channel energy. Except the Exitar scene. That was indeed a God Blast.

Thor forced Galactus to flee in Thor #160 I believe. The God Blast was too powerful to withstand and he could have died. His own words.

By the way, that scene with Odin and co. was not them utilizing a God Blast. As a matter of fact, I've never seen someone else make a God Blast.
#23 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus: You've obviously never read Thor #407. Go out, buy it and educate yourself. That is all.
#24 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: 

I need to educate myself? Haha at the irony. Five gets you ten I know a hell of a lot more about Thor than you do or ever will.

I own Thor #407. What of significance happens that supports your ridiculous stance? The God Blast has never ever been Thor simply absorbing large quantities of energy and then releasing them. That's asinine. The God Blast has always been defined as Thor merging his Godly Essence with the might of Mjolnir. Albeit the term God Blast itself was only used recently. 

Please son, go read some Thor then get back to me. I usually don't get snippy but you're a special case.
#25 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rage.Of.Olympus said:

"The most powerful God Blast seen so far was used when rallied the Thor Corps and he provided at least 1/4 of the power needed to hold together the Multiverse, and prevent it from collapsing. It happened in Thor Corps #4. Pretty damn uber. "

damn lol i just want to know the damage out put a few months ago i heard different things like its planet busting galaxy busting ive seen scans i just wanted to know like its damage radius and such i mean ive seen thor split a country using his gaea powers or make nuke sized lightning bolts yet the godblast doesnt make a huge explosion but just seems like a planet buster in a super focused form.
#26 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE MODERATORS!

#27 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone show the godblast being used in a scan over the last 5 years or is it being forgetten in comics?

#28 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

He refrenced it last month. The last time he used it was in 2003 when he put down the leader of the Dark Gods. She was a Skyfather in her own right, and had the power of Odin plus all of the Dark Gods combined with her own in the form of a monster.

@god_spawn said:

amn lol i just want to know the damage out put a few months ago i heard different things like its planet busting galaxy busting ive seen scans i just wanted to know like its damage radius and such i mean ive seen thor split a country using his gaea powers or make nuke sized lightning bolts yet the godblast doesnt make a huge explosion but just seems like a planet buster in a super focused form. "

It's more powerful than any planet or Galaxy busting attack. At least the higher end God Blasts.
#29 Edited by odinforce (1499 posts) - - Show Bio
hey now most of these godblasts stuff in the scans were against divine beings and other stuff like that, but what about mortal materials in earth's dimension? using a godblast against a planet and arishem are two different things 

i want to see a godblast used against a physical inanimate objects 

someone help me here
#30 Posted by odinforce (1499 posts) - - Show Bio
anyone want to elaborate on my previous post up above?
#31 Posted by Jazzitup (870 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:
"hey now most of these godblasts stuff in the scans were against divine beings and other stuff like that, but what about mortal materials in earth's dimension? using a godblast against a planet and arishem are two different things 

i want to see a godblast used against a physical inanimate objects 

someone help me here "

Godblast wastes Thor's energy alot so ofc no.
#32 Posted by odinforce (1499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jazzitup: what are you saying?
#33 Edited by Grimnir (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I say anything involving planets being destroyed is PIS unless it is by extremely powerful cosmic entities

Godblast I say is enough to kill most and KO the rest

#34 Posted by SC (11979 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:
" @Jazzitup: what are you saying? "

I think they are saying that its like using a nuclear bomb on a vending machine. Not worth the risk, cool sounding lol, but given how much is expended with a god blast, not so wise to use it unless absolutely necessary. Oh, thats being said, Ego is a planet, and Thor's godblast is capable of neutralizing him.
#35 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and the Godblast are as consistent as the people that write them... In the Marvel multi-verse Thor is not that strong at all and is just above average and facing foes mostly stronger than him (don't talk to me about his pis fights... I know).

#36 Posted by odinforce (1499 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Oh ok, do you think it can destroy a normal planet?
#37 Posted by SC (11979 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:
" @SC: Oh ok, do you think it can destroy a normal planet? "

I guess it might depend, probably if a writer wanted it to, oh, and if that was Thor's intent to destroy it. If he attempted though, speed and weight would be the much better choice, not the godblast, If he attacked a guy standing on a planet with a godblast I doubt the planet would be destroyed though. Otherwise he wouldn't use it lol
#38 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"The most powerful God Blast seen so far was used when rallied the Thor Corps and he provided at least 1/4 of the power needed to hold together the Multiverse, and prevent it from collapsing. It happened in Thor Corps #4. Pretty damn uber. "

You wouldn't happen to have scans of that would you?
#39 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@skeeter_eater said:
" @batman_is_god said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
lol "
double lol "
triple lol

Quadruple Lol

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough to kill any superhero, if it hits them.

#41 Posted by Clark_EL (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

@LT1085 said:

You aren't hoping that it somehow makes a powerful marvel character comparable to DC(superman) or something are you?

It does Thor is superman's equal in marvel.

#42 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Enough to kill any superhero, if it hits them.

dat

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.