How Powerfull is Ultimate Thor ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some tell me just how powerfull the Ultime Thor is ? Oh and one more thing... Is the Ultimate Thor a hybrid like his 616 counter part or a full Asgardin ?

#2 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read a lot of Ultimates, but from what I have he doesn't seem as powerful as the regular Thor.  He's certainly strong though.

#3 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the fall of Asgard, I would say he was a solid powerhouse. Weather manipulation off the charts, great strength, decent speed, decent reflexes, no strategic ability whatsoever. He was more of a brute than his 616 counterpart, and doesn't have the myriad of powers that he does. Although, he does teleport far more frequently.

#4 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

On paper or in action? On paper he should be pretty powerful. Top-strength, good durability, decent fighting skills, massive thunderstorms.

In action, much less so. In early stories it was common to promote Thor as the most powerful superhuman on Earth only to get his butt kicked with ease. Most often he shows up, talks big, puts on an impressive light show, swings his hammer a few times, and gets his butt kicked thanks to his glass jaw.

He is the Gladiator/Wonder Man/Jobber of the Ultimate Universe.

We don't know his mother so we don't know if he is pure Asgardian or not.

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ry Fryy said:

I haven't read a lot of Ultimates, but from what I have he doesn't seem as powerful as the regular Thor. He's certainly strong though.

Really... I always thought 616 Thor is why more powerfull ?

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@Ry Fryy said:

I haven't read a lot of Ultimates, but from what I have he doesn't seem as powerful as the regular Thor. He's certainly strong though.

Really... I always thought 616 Thor is why more powerfull ?

616 Thor is way more powerful than Ultimate Thor.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6522 posts) - - Show Bio

616 thor is more powerful than ultimate thor

#8 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure where he'd fall into the power ranks, but I'm sure Ultimate Doom and Ultimate Colossus are more powerful.

#9 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: What makes you think Ultimate Thor is more powerful than Classical Thor? Ultimate Thor has gotten his butt kicked by just about everyone and has not shown the same diversity of power.

#10 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

@seekquaze: I never said Ultimate Thor was more powerful than 616 Thor. I was saying that the Ultimate counterparts of Colossus and Doom are more powerful than that version.

#11 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (778 posts) - - Show Bio

well seeing as how ultimate thors hammer can be picked up by brute strength, i would think that would also tell you that hes a loser lol

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

I always imagine him as a guy who walks in, strong, and just smashes everything,

#13 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

he's ok. just not my favourite.

i don't like that his hammer is an axe

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

he's ok. just not my favourite.

i don't like that his hammer is an axe

Same D:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.