Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How powerful are the Battleworld Thors?

• 64 results
    SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

How do the members of the Thor Corps in Battleworld stack up to their namesake? Should we attribute Thor's feats to these Doom worshipers?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They're probably a bunch of chumps. Apparently, "The Power of Thor" is just a new cosmic badge.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By antithetical

They're probably a bunch of chumps.

Kind of the impression I'm getting from the scans I've seen, they seem to be nothing more than a shameful blemish (yet another) on the name and honor of Thor.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Real Thor would never kneel before Doom.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they are anywhere near as powerful as the odinson. I don't even think their Mjolnirs' are even proper Mjolnirs' they are most likely created by doom as I don't imagine that amount of people being worthy now when the amount of worthy people before was very few. Doom must have other ideas of 'worthy'

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

@spykat: if doom had the power of a being that couple warp reality to his aim and creat an entire universe out of nouthing and (assuming) wipe the mind of everything on the planet to forget their previous universe, them yes I think Thor would take a knee

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat: yep it is, anyway all that in my last post is what I have been told by a mate who is reading SW wars so really I have no first hand knowledge of what's happening.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: I am only (trying) to keep up with this fiasco epic saga by reading whatever I can find online.
    $3.99 for a comic book is redic.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat: are the SW comics $3.99 or $4.99? either way, overpriced for what they're offering (guess unless you're a huge Doom fan).

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Not sure but yes, either price is way too much - if only on principal alone.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Apparently powerful enough to incarcerate a couple of Hulks lol (Though all the incarnations were not specified)

No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4:

Also apparently Thor corps members have very different power levels...

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: No doubt considering even rookies bear the name as well

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently powerful enough to incarcerate a couple of Hulks lol (Though all the incarnations were not specified)

No Caption Provided

Something about that scan just makes me happy

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion: Same here. It was a nice touch to loosen the serious tone the comic started with

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runey?? Rune king thor??

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: That's a pretty useless statement considering we don't know how powerful those Hulks where, we don't even know what they looked like. I mean if Captain America is going through Planet Hulk slaying Hulks, i don't see it being a problem for Thors. Also Hulks are pretty much everything that lives in Planet Hulk domain, for instance Captain America came across some gamma powered worms that he called Hulks and Hulks are everything from humanoid, to animals, to insects, etc...

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: That's a pretty useless statement considering we don't know how powerful those Hulks where, we don't even know what they looked like. I mean if Captain America is going through Planet Hulk slaying Hulks, i don't see it being a problem for Thors. Also Hulks are pretty much everything that lives in Planet Hulk domain, for instance Captain America came across some gamma powered worms that he called Hulks and Hulks are everything from humanoid, to animals, to insects, etc...

I'm pretty sure I stated this in my original post

Here:

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: That's why i said it was a useless statement, also none of the incarnations where specified apart from saying that one of the Hulks was gray which means nothing to us.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I see no reason why the statement shouldn't be made, unless you're somehow trying to claim that defeating a Hulk, regardless of it's strength is an easy task.

Anyways, the statement was made as a lighthearted comment and I see no reason anyone would have an issue with it.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: I am not saying you can't make it, i am saying it's pretty pointless. That's the thing, we don't really know... Hulks from what we have seen so far vary by a huge degree, i mean some humanoid Hulks where pushing around catapults to throw burning crap at Thors, while others like one sand Hulk one-shoted a Thor.

Not to mention that Jason Aaron waters down even the real Hulk when he made statements like the Minotaur being as strong as the Hulk then having Thor immediately after one-shot him with a punch... When it comes to him and Hulk i take everything with a grain of salt.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: I am not saying you can't make it, i am saying it's pretty pointless. That's the thing, we don't really know... Hulks from what we have seen so far vary by a huge degree, i mean some humanoid Hulks where pushing around catapults to throw burning crap at Thors, while others like one sand Hulk one-shoted a Thor.

Not to mention that Jason Aaron waters down even the real Hulk when he made statements like the Minotaur being as strong as the Hulk then having Thor immediately after one-shot him with a punch... When it comes to him and Hulk i take everything with a grain of salt.

Fair enough

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like most of the thor's that arent established vets like ultimate or whatever are all at the very basic level's of 616 thor's abilities then work their way up. it's been made clear that some thors are more powerful than others

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Thors vary very much in power... otherwise there was no chance Deathstrike would just gut 3 of them easily.

No Caption Provided

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrDevil

@spitfirepanda: must be everyone of them just as powerful as 616 thor except for Ultimate Thor, Old Thor, Beta Ray Bill that those people are practically original thors i believe. pretty much the people they look like. For example most Thors looks like God of Thunder Saga. They should be as powerful as him, other looks like Unworthy Thor they should be as strong as him, ect.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: well that's a feat for ultimate Thor then and he needs all he can get.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dum529001

@atheistknowledge said:

Looks like Thors vary very much in power... otherwise there was no chance Deathstrike would just gut 3 of them easily.

No Caption Provided

Doesn't Lady Deathstrike have an adamantium-infused skeleton? Anyway, Thor(s) would have to stand still and really let her stab them, which usually does not happen.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Mid tier fodder.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they came from their own universe why did they not have a hammer already?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I am guessing it varies in accordance to experience and maybe on the hammer issued, but generally they are powerful enough to keep most people in line, but not near 616-levels of power.

Regarding Deathstrike, technically she is an assassin so gutting a trio could have been done in an ambush. Imagine her rushing out of the shadows, disembowelling one before she's gone again. (Most important thing for her is ofc to not get hit).

I kinda wonder with this whole setup: Where is Odin in all of this? And what about the other high-level magical entities? I know Limbo/Inferno is under Madelyn Prior's rule... but what about Dormmammu? Mephisto? And the other hell-spawn?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

They, probably did, Doom probably just took their hammers and wiped their minds and now recruits one after another giving them back the hammers after making sure they are loyal to him.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

They, probably did, Doom probably just took their hammers and wiped their minds and now recruits one after another giving them back the hammers after making sure they are loyal to him.

If Doom was that powerful why would he even need anybody else?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@arthurkerr: Cause he is one person and is only in a single place. Strange has pretty much stated that the two of them constantly rewrote the memories of everyone on battleworld over the last eight years so that people would believe their made up history.

No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Cause he is one person and is only in a single place. Strange has pretty much stated that the two of them constantly rewrote the memories of everyone on battleworld over the last eight years so that people would believe their made up history.

No Caption Provided

Dr. Strange cannot just travel to another dimension and grab a history book? Just asking I mean it is safe to say that all demensions are not poof gone. what about the all seeing eye why travel at all when it can look into other worlds with ease.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some very interesting reading. As very intrigued that I am, I can see how much Marvel has changed, needed as much as that change was, it's hard for people of old to re-adjust to the jarring re-creactions of a lot of their favourite characters they grew up with. My biggest issue with the changes, is not the fact that they made changes, but a lot of changes came at the expense of the much loved characters that people loved to read about.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

I dont think all the Thors are "genuine" alternate Thors. The different realms of Battleworld apparently represent all that could be salvaged of the multiverse. Given there seem to be a lot more Thors than realms in Battleworld it seems safe to assume a lot of them get their powers/hammers from Doom.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any indication these "Thors" are manufactured? Possibly cloned or bio-engineered?

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any indication these "Thors" are manufactured? Possibly cloned or bio-engineered?

no. they're literally random people in battle world deemed worthy but ya they are not equal in power at all

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:

no. they're literally random people in battle world deemed worthy but ya they are not equal in power at all

Was explored what happened to the Beyonders and that specific Beyonder that Abyss, Ex Nilhilo and Ex Nilhilii apparently "hacked"?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probs just fodders

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill is nearly as strong as Thor...the others probably are weak and pitiful.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:

o.k, so we're talking about the Thor "cops" from the current Thors title and not Doom's personal Thor army?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I thought they were like the same thing but just had different ranks within the hierarchy of the Thors

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I've no idea, I haven't bothered with the Secret Wars event at all.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Yep. Proxika Midnight for exmaple killed who was supposed to be the Old King Thor judging from his appearence.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Yep. Proxika Midnight for exmaple killed who was supposed to be the Old King Thor judging from his appearence.

Scans?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997 said:

Scans?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sorry. It was Proxima Midnight and the new Terrax from Hickman's New Avengers. But still, it shows that Battleworld Thors are fodders at best.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: That's not old King Thor. The real old King Thor was seen in Thors #1 and #2

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Spiderman1997

@unbreakable_fs4: I kinda misphrased it. I meant that he looked like Old King Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.