How does Thor get to earth?

#1 Posted by UberForeigner (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to watch the Avengers a few weeks ago (it's got my vote, loved it) but when I look back at Thor's film (solo) he destroys Bifrost and if I remember correctly, he talks with Heimdell about not being able to get to earth for the time being. How come in the avengers he manages to get to earth? Did he just pick up a mobile Bifrost and decided to go back to earth? :L I would just like for someone to explain this to me so i may understand :)

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33429 posts) - - Show Bio
@UberForeigner: Odin sends him
#3 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@UberForeigner: According to the film Loki asks "How much dark energy did the All Father have to summon to send you here?" To me that indicates Odin summons a helluva lot of dark energy to send Thor to Earth. That's the explanation given in the Avengers film anyway.

#4 Posted by UberForeigner (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah I missed that, thanks guys, explains a lot :D

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@UberForeigner: Odin sends him
#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: how did loki survive the fall into the bifrost in thor?

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18727 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin conjured up dark magic to send him to Earth.

@Z3RO180 said:

At the end of Captain America, when Red Skull was killed, it opened up a portal. Loki fell through it. It wasn't really explained in the movie, so I understand the confusion.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Wait Loki fell through the portal created by the Red Skull in Captain America? That's how he survived?

#9 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon said:

Odin conjured up dark magic to send him to Earth.

@Z3RO180 said:

At the end of Captain America, when Red Skull was killed, it opened up a portal. Loki fell through it. It wasn't really explained in the movie, so I understand the confusion.

That makes no sense nor is there in anywhere in the movies to prove that.

Captain America took place in the 1940's, where Thor obviously took place in the present day as Thor was on Earth for most of the movie. Also when Loki is shown on Earth at the end of Thor, it the present day, so there's no way that when Red Skull "died" at the end of Captain America that Loki would have fallen through that portal that was opened.
#10 Posted by PowerHerc (84012 posts) - - Show Bio

Via the power of Odin.

#11 Posted by Comic_Sans96 (13 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Yeah that explanation didn't really make sense to me either. Loki wasn't shown falling through the portal so I doubt that's the explanation as to why he survived.

#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Via the power of Odin.

#14 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.