How does Thor change sides with Nazis to Avengers?

#1 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

No seriously, how?

#2 Edited by _slim_ (13608 posts) - - Show Bio

...Thor was a Nazi?

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34336 posts) - - Show Bio
@dewboy01 said:

No seriously, how?

what are you talking about?
#4 Edited by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I think when Stan Lee came up with the idea of Thor in Marvel Comics, he had no idea about the Nazi's creed of Aryan supremacy being linked to the Norse Gods. who were supposedly their most divine ancestors.  

Actual Norse mythology's effect on the actual world is not cannon.

#5 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I think @dewboy01 referencing the one time thor had actually fought for the nazis and fought the invaders

@dewboy01: Thor was quickly shown to turn against the Nazi once he found out what they were really like. Besides He was tricked anyway the nazis, they said they were his worshipers who needed his power for fight a great invader.

#6 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

The same way Luke Cage stopped hanging out with the Ku Klux Klan to hang with the Avengers? Like seriously? lol 

Was just a small Invaders cameo my friend. Thor had no clue who the Nazi's or Hitler was, Doom was involved a tiny bit as well (anonymously at first IIRC) and Thor shows up for an issue, one shots Namor and then flies away on Segway. 

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

I think when Stan Lee came up with the idea of Thor in Marvel Comics, he had idea about the Nazi's creed of Aryan supremacy being linked to the Norse Gods. who were supposedly their most divine ancestors. Actual Norse mythology's effect on the actual world is not cannon.

Yeah, right.

Stan Lee, who happens to be Jewish, created Thor based on a Nazi creed of Aryan supremacy.

Are you trying to stir some sh*t up or something?

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Dracade102 said:

I think when Stan Lee came up with the idea of Thor in Marvel Comics, he had idea about the Nazi's creed of Aryan supremacy being linked to the Norse Gods. who were supposedly their most divine ancestors. Actual Norse mythology's effect on the actual world is not cannon.

Yeah, right.

Stan Lee, who happens to be Jewish, created Thor based on a Nazi creed of Aryan supremacy.

Are you trying to stir some sh*t up or something?

DISREGARD THAT!!!  

I meant to say "he had *no* idea" about all that Nazi nonsense.
#9 Posted by turoksonofstone (13200 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor served Hitler briefly against the Invaders in Invaders Volume 1. Thor turns on Hitler at the end.. 

#10 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Hitler manipulated Thor into attacking Avengers

since comicbook Thor is based on Norse myth it may be political commentary on how some places like Sweden took a neutral stance or were sympathetic to Germany around the time of WW2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.