Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How does the current continuity for the Asgard books work?

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay am I the only one confused about how the Asgard books continuity is? I mean in Loki we have Odin still exiled.. okay but in the same book Thor has already lost his hammer and his arm has it replaced with black uru and already given up his name which means he recently lost it .... And then in Angela we have Odin in charge with Loki still there although it might be happening before agent of asgard but if that's the case it doesn't really explain why Loki is still there didn't Frigga banish him what did Odin unbanish or something they could've told us you know(then again this is marvel I'm talking about)and finally aaron's run....where to start how about where the heck the mention of the baby went? I mean what did Angela already deal with it or something they don't even bother mentioning at all I know a lot of things are happening and all but they could've at least have Odin or Frigga mention the baby once in one panel that's not that much work. But probably my biggest issue here is Thor... Odin's Beard I mean come on.. does anyone else feel like he has multiple personality disorder or something I mean he's got different personality in each issue. Is it just me or is this marvel screwing up with their own continuity again?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

Odin isn't exiled in Loki Agent of Asgard... (He is the All Father is all Asgard current Books)

Angela firs Arc events (untill issue 6 the baby arc) are before Thor discovery of Kid Loki fate in Loki Agent of Asgard...

If the baby appear in Loki or Aaron's book you would know what was his fate, because Angela events are before Aaron's and Al Ewing current writing...But both books should acknowledge the baby existence...

I don't like how marvel editorial is establishing Thor's personality dosen't fit him very well, and i like Loki and Angela books very much, but even there Thor it's not very well written...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuity doesn't exist anymore. I wish more comic fans understood this. Hence why the "brain trust" are going to essentially start over after Secret Wars. It's why characters have been portrayed as "out of character" so many times in the past decade or so. They've become mere plot-devices of their own titles rather than the driving force behind them, because the writer and his/her plot have become just as important to sales as the character itself (for better or worse).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.