Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How do you think She Thor will lose her new found status?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The way I see it there are a number of ways she could eventually lose it and the true Thor could regain Mjolnir.

1. She Thor does something which causes her to lose her claim to Mjolnir

2. She Thor dies

3. She Thor willingly hands the hammer back to Thor(after he becomes worthy again) and steps away

4. She Thor ends up with her own hammer ala Beta Ray Bill and retains much of her current powers and maybe with her own new series or as a recurring character

So which do you think will happen and which would you like to see happen? I'm sure there is prob a few possible scenarios I didn't think to list also.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Thor cuts her head off with Janbjorn.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

4 Seems like the best option.

Why call her She-Thor though?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

4 Seems like the best option.

Why call her She-Thor though?

Thor's a male's name. It's silly in the first place, even if it was a guy. :P

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5  Edited By Outside_85

Three is definitely an option considering how Freya seems to believe that there must be a 'Thor', not that she needs to be Thor or that she's a better option than Thor. So that road is open for her to eventually hand it back when the time is right. But I am pretty sure that if Aaron doesnt kill her, then she will stay around long enough to have her own fanbase and therefore end up with her own hammer as well (with or without Odins blessing or participation).

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: she Thor could be another person that not Freyja! But if it's Freyja...

She will not die, but why would Freyja after Thor be worthy again need another Hammer?

Asgard already has female heroes (Sif, Valkyrie, and now Angela Freyja daughter)!

Her queen status will disappear from Asgard? not reasonable! but this story is unreasonable from the beginning!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjornironside: I will assume that Freyja will grow a liking to weilding a weapon and being considered a hero amongst mortals rather than being a disposable monarch Odin can call on or dismiss whenever it suits him. Btw, I actually would like to see Jord/Gaea's reaction to the dismissal of the All-Mother, since she is an Elder Goddess and probably the only one in Asgard the eclipses Odin in power.

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BjornIronside

@outside_85: "Since she is an Elder Goddess and probably the only one in Asgard the eclipses Odin in power"

Freyja as one of 3 all-mother never show any special connection to midgard, and that is what defines Thor character in first place as son of Midgard Elder Goddess and the King of Asgard, and Freyja also is not a warrior she is Vanir (magic and wisdom stuff) not Aesir (Valhalla and warrior stuff), she marry Odin to stop the Aesir/Vanir war (last Matt Fraction run on Thor), all Asgardians can be warriors but Freyja is not the perfect choice to call herself Thor, let's see how that will happen.

If the announced event "Secret Wars" is to reboot MU characters to be more accurate with MCU characters, Freyja really could die, she is dead in the MCU!

Gaea is more powerful than Freyja that's why Odin conceived Thor with her, but Gaea is not more powerful than Odin himself, he is on galaxy power level in my opinion!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outside_85

@bjornironside: And all of that is the myth, in the comics however, things can easily differ.

In regards to Freya being dead later on because of the Thor movies... umm, no because Thor's mother there is Frigga, the actual wife of Odin in the myths.

And Gaea is universal, she was there before Bor, quite possibly she is on of the oldest sentient entities in existence.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

4 seems okay

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: all i said in my last post happen in marvel comics! Marvel Asgard has nothing to do with Norse Mythology anymore, Tenth realm?

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/40817/the_mighty_thor_2011_18

Actual Freyja was Frigga in Marvel comics before she became one of the 3 all-mother, Frigga and Freyja are same character in MU! The queen of Asgard! Matt Fraction gave her a origin story in The Mighty Thor 18!

If Sif and Valkyrie couldn't survive in solo books why Freyja would survive? She can't call herself Thor forever! Thor fans don't even like her!

Gaea is not more powerful than Odin in marvel comics! your quote doesn't prove anything! Feats?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjornironside: Which doesn't matter since the comics and movies are divorced from one another.

Sif was helming the Journey Into Mystery book, it didn't suck, the run just natually ended. And: to heck with Thor-fans, it's not those ones thats going to support her in the long run, its the Freyja fans thats going to sustain her the same way Beta-Ray Bill does.

Since when has Odin outranked an Elder God?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about thor kicks her butt and takes his stuff back???

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: thor is always thor though, freyja is stupid

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BjornIronside

@outside_85:Thor fans love Beta Ray Bill he never call himself Thor, he still has no solo book!

Ok you win Gaea is more powerful than Odin! So Thor as son of Gaea and Odin is a lot more powerful than she Thor (Freyja) will be! she is a normal Asgardian very below Odin's Power!

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: because she isn't now, and never will be Thor. That's just simple fact. GA will never know her and comic Thor fans will not be able to call her thor because she's a woman and therefore is not Thor. Thor is not a title. Too bad for Hammerette.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: because she isn't now, and never will be Thor. That's just simple fact. GA will never know her and comic Thor fans will not be able to call her thor because she's a woman and therefore is not Thor. Thor is not a title. Too bad for Hammerette.

Isn't she being called Thor in the comics, and specifically not called She-Thor? Why not just go with new Thor or current Thor?

Is your problem with her just that she's a woman?

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan said:

Isn't she being called Thor in the comics, and specifically not called She-Thor? Why not just go with new Thor or current Thor?

Is your problem with her just that she's a woman?

current Thor? Odinson isn't Thor anymore? but it's his name, how can you lose your name?

From what i read in first issue she is the one that will call herself Thor, i will call her by her name like "Freyja", and like we call Beta Ray Bill when he was worthy and also pick mjolnir.

There is no problem in her being a worthy female, but this is a bad way to try to show gender equality, she could go by her identity with the hammer like Beta Ray Bill, but i guess marvel still thinks women can't survive by their own achievements, they have to rely on someone else identity! Strange how 21 century women also think that imitating men and call themselves by their names is a good idea!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@bjornironside: I guess he is still Thor, but the new Thor seems to be regarded as the main one at the moment.

Marvel are publishing other comics with women in their own identities, so it's not like this is their only attempt. And even if she's kind of using someone elses' identity, she can still have her own achievements. I think it's a little soon to judge whether this is a good show of gender equality, considering we've barely seen this new Thor in action.

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BjornIronside

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bjornironside: I guess he is still Thor, but the new Thor seems to be regarded as the main one at the moment.

Marvel are publishing other comics with women in their own identities, so it's not like this is their only attempt. And even if she's kind of using someone elses' identity, she can still have her own achievements. I think it's a little soon to judge whether this is a good show of gender equality, considering we've barely seen this new Thor in action.

Question: Why would she be called Thor with mjolnir, if Beta Ray Bill never was Thor with mjolnir? Because she is a Woman?

For me calling her Thor is bad show of gender equality, because it's other character's name, but OK if that is your perspective of gender equality!

Guess US society still is very far away in terms of gender equality from the countries where the myths of Thor were created!

Yes i love some marvel genuine female heroes! They build their own name with their achievements!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@jayc1324 said:

how about thor kicks her butt and takes his stuff back???

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She-Thor or as I prefer, Thorwench/ Wench Thor, to be more in line with how Thor himself would refer to her, i Just love when he calls people wenches lol. She is most likely going to be around for a good bit, and if the reboot does occur, they might remake her into the "one and only thor" like we keep hearing so much about. If that is the case I will be done with marvel all together and focus on Image and other comics that still respect fans. However this is a worst case scenario, I would hope that there is no continuity wide reboot to fashion characters into more politically correct versions like DC did. Honestly the new 52 in DC killed DC comics for me, anything similar in Marvel would be the end of my Marvel comic buying days for good.

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: i also hate the she Thor idea, but she will never be the only Thor, forget it, This reboot might kill her, because the so rumored reboot is to make the marvel comics universe more similar to the MCU, that's why there is no character from the X-men in the "secret wars" event, remember Frigga/Freyja Queen of Asgard is dead in the MCU Kurse kill her in Thor 2.

If you check the new Bucky, Star lord and rocket raccoon books they already are very similar to the MCU versions, doesn't matter who the she Thor is, she will never will have a special connection to midgard like the Real Thor (son of Gaea), she will never be Odin's daughter and Loki sister, she even can't appear in the MCU, how can you sell a she Thor movie in the north of Europe?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new and better Thor will kill the old Thor for being a failure and a loser.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. She Thor dies

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer will simply be handed back to the old Thor.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoritta dies because of aids.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Somebody whispers something in the poser's ear to make her unworthy of Mjolnir and tries desperately to move the hammer while the real Thor points and laughs.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've sort of shot themselves in the foot with this new character. If the point was to put the spotlight on a female lead that can be as powerful and headstrong as someone like Thor, why create someone new when they JUST introduced Angela (Aldrif) into the Asgardian pantheon of characters. It would've made a bit more sense if Thor lost the ability to lose Mjolnir and Angela gained that worthiness for a while. In the end we all know the new mystery female lead will eventually be pushed to the background (relatively) and Thor will regain Mjolnir.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor beats her ass and takes Mjolnir back!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

see her dying for the greater good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.