How can thor keep forgiving loki for the HORRIBLE stuff he does?

#1 Edited by DATNIGGA (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki and surtur once joined forces and brought Ragnarok & thus the end of Asgard.

loki is the reason why ODIN DIED

then later loki ailed himself self with osborn & the result was the end of Asgard AGAIN

loki is the reason why Bor is dead right now

loki is the father of the midgard serpent Fenirs wolf , and Hela and all of them are horrible people

he has tryed to kill thor multiple times.... WHY DOES THOR TOLERATE THIS?

#2 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha good point never thought of that and im a kind of big Thor fan!

#3 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
WAIT, The Serpent is the Fenirs Wolf? By Odin's Beard!!
#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

U MAD?
BB

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

They're brothers. Trust me, when it comes to family you forgive a lot of things.

#6 Posted by tim2081 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

WAIT, The Serpent is the Fenirs Wolf? By Odin's Beard!!

No, the Midgard Serpent is one of Loki's children (which is different from The Serpent in Fear Itself), and Fenris Wolf i another one of Loki's children.

Thor won't kill Loki because they're supposed to be immortal gods and brothers. Loki is the god of mischief, and Thor excuses a lot of his actions for that reason.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Thor remembers Loki before he turned evil (when they were kids) and believes he can be redeemed.

#8 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Loki die trying for redemption to help him? Or am I outdated?

#9 Posted by DATNIGGA (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: ok fine loki did somthing good but it was his fault the problem started in the first place Lol

#10 Posted by DATNIGGA (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: if i had a brother and he was both directly & indirectly responsible for the death of my dad grandad & my home i wouldnt forgive that family or not Lol. loki could destroy the world and thor would just tell iron man '' Aye Stark my brother loki knows not the evil he does tis is his nature''

-___-

he needs to deal with that trickster before he destroys Asgard for the third time Lol

#11 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Because Thor remembers Loki before he turned evil (when they were kids) and believes he can be redeemed.

I agree with Herc.
#12 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

If you had a brother ude understand...

#13 Posted by BritishMonkey (332 posts) - - Show Bio

that was all adult loki, child loki seems a little more different and innocent, despite what loki did in the past

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a brother, and I want to strangle him for the normal stuff he does! I would certainly kill him if he did this!

#15 Posted by AtraCruor (236 posts) - - Show Bio
@tim2081
 @DATNIGGA: 

Thor has killed Loki before.  I don't remember the name of the mini-series off hand but Loki had usurped control of Asgard while Odin was away or something (he was indisposed to do anything regardless) and chained Thor to a wall, locked up Sif and did the sort of dick things that one would expect.  Well in the last issue Thor finally manages to break free of the chains, corners Loki, and crushes his head with Mjolnir in a blow.  Odin of course banishes Thor and revives Loki later.
#16 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Loki? He both is and isn't the same person twice now. When he became femLoki and now kidLoki.

#17 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR has heart and understand loki's pain. THOR will never give up on loki for anything.

#18 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

If we look at the mythos it has not to do about Thor what Loki to make redemption. This is a christian thought, not a thought you find in the Norse mytology. It is more to make actions, protect your family and have honor. The reason why Loki is tolerated by the gods is a question a lot of poeple have asked in the past. The most ccomon answer would be something along with that Loke represent both the Asgard and Jotunheim. Being semi god and semi giant. He has a role in both worlds something that Thor and the other gods respect. However there is a problem with the old norse mytology and that is that all know test are written after the religion ended and are written by christians. A lot of the text have christian elements that a thought not to be there, but put in in there. Likewise the religion is look down upon if not dircetly then indirectly.

#19 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

brothers. ~nuff said Bub

#20 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're brothers, maybe not in blood but Thor still cares for Loki. I've always liked the relationship between the two. If you haven't already you should read Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers, explores their relationship more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.