Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How can thor keep forgiving loki for the HORRIBLE stuff he does?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA

Loki and surtur once joined forces and brought Ragnarok & thus the end of Asgard.

loki is the reason why ODIN DIED

then later loki ailed himself self with osborn & the result was the end of Asgard AGAIN

loki is the reason why Bor is dead right now

loki is the father of the midgard serpent Fenirs wolf , and Hela and all of them are horrible people

he has tryed to kill thor multiple times.... WHY DOES THOR TOLERATE THIS?

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheRedRobin96

hahaha good point never thought of that and im a kind of big Thor fan!

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102
    WAIT, The Serpent is the Fenirs Wolf? By Odin's Beard!!
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

U MAD?
    BB

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

They're brothers. Trust me, when it comes to family you forgive a lot of things.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tim2081

@Dracade102 said:

WAIT, The Serpent is the Fenirs Wolf? By Odin's Beard!!

No, the Midgard Serpent is one of Loki's children (which is different from The Serpent in Fear Itself), and Fenris Wolf i another one of Loki's children.

Thor won't kill Loki because they're supposed to be immortal gods and brothers. Loki is the god of mischief, and Thor excuses a lot of his actions for that reason.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

Because Thor remembers Loki before he turned evil (when they were kids) and believes he can be redeemed.

SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SurelockeHomes

Didn't Loki die trying for redemption to help him? Or am I outdated?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DATNIGGA

@SurelockeHomes: ok fine loki did somthing good but it was his fault the problem started in the first place Lol

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DATNIGGA

@TheCrowbar: if i had a brother and he was both directly & indirectly responsible for the death of my dad grandad & my home i wouldnt forgive that family or not Lol. loki could destroy the world and thor would just tell iron man '' Aye Stark my brother loki knows not the evil he does tis is his nature''

-___-

he needs to deal with that trickster before he destroys Asgard for the third time Lol

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @PowerHerc said:

Because Thor remembers Loki before he turned evil (when they were kids) and believes he can be redeemed.

I agree with Herc.
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

If you had a brother ude understand...

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BritishMonkey

that was all adult loki, child loki seems a little more different and innocent, despite what loki did in the past

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I have a brother, and I want to strangle him for the normal stuff he does! I would certainly kill him if he did this!

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtraCruor
    @tim2081
     @DATNIGGA: 

Thor has killed Loki before.  I don't remember the name of the mini-series off hand but Loki had usurped control of Asgard while Odin was away or something (he was indisposed to do anything regardless) and chained Thor to a wall, locked up Sif and did the sort of dick things that one would expect.  Well in the last issue Thor finally manages to break free of the chains, corners Loki, and crushes his head with Mjolnir in a blow.  Odin of course banishes Thor and revives Loki later.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By fodigg

Which Loki? He both is and isn't the same person twice now. When he became femLoki and now kidLoki.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By THORSON

THOR has heart and understand loki's pain. THOR will never give up on loki for anything.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tupiaz

If we look at the mythos it has not to do about Thor what Loki to make redemption. This is a christian thought, not a thought you find in the Norse mytology. It is more to make actions, protect your family and have honor. The reason why Loki is tolerated by the gods is a question a lot of poeple have asked in the past. The most ccomon answer would be something along with that Loke represent both the Asgard and Jotunheim. Being semi god and semi giant. He has a role in both worlds something that Thor and the other gods respect. However there is a problem with the old norse mytology and that is that all know test are written after the religion ended and are written by christians. A lot of the text have christian elements that a thought not to be there, but put in in there. Likewise the religion is look down upon if not dircetly then indirectly.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

brothers. ~nuff said Bub

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GodOfMischief

Because they're brothers, maybe not in blood but Thor still cares for Loki. I've always liked the relationship between the two. If you haven't already you should read Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers, explores their relationship more.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are not just mortal brothers, they are gods. And sadly, their values/ titles / realms of power are at almost perfect opposite.

Thor is the thunder god of war, warrior protector of asgard and midgard. While Loki is the god of mischief and evil. They were already meant to be that before they were even born, and have been so in many previous lives, they never got a say in it.

That doesn't mean they don't have a family bond, and don't care for each other. But fates always pit them together and neither can't help being what they are meant to be.

Loki will always betray asgard for a trick or another, and Thor will always stand up for Asgard even if Loki is right somewhere. I think that goes a long way to damage their relationship, but their more simple bond as brothers is what keep them together, despite their long and complicated history.I think it's also that Thor is not a pure asgardian, he is half earth elder god and has passed a lot of times embracing human values so he will never be as black or white as Odin when it comes to judging his brother. He knows and has often chastised Odin for being a cold, heartless father when defending Loki.

In the end, I think it's just that he loves his brother and like others in this thread have said, Thor ultimately always believes in his brother's redemption and that's why he will always forgive him at the slightest sight of repentance.On the other hand, you could argue Odin is also right and that Thor "could never stand the quiet" (when he resuscitates Loki after Ragnarok) , meaning Thor by default is a warrior protector and where does that leave him if his biggest challenge is gone.

They really are in a ying&yang relationship. Thor and Loki, minus the actual brotherhood, are essentially's Marvel's Batman & Joker.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thorson said:

THOR has heart and understand loki's pain. THOR will never give up on loki for anything.

maybe not anything. If THOR needs to i believe he would kill Loki.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have teamed up om many quest through the years and Loki saved the day in many of those times.

They live so long and the relationship would have a whole other side to it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because right now Loki is more popular than Thor in his own movies, so Loki must assume the role of the anti-hero/emo-child god of mischief.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he loves him like a brother, and he knows that the god of mischief must do bad things. Its his nature.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he is a good guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.