Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

hercules is not stronger than Thor

• 75 results
    TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TrueMarvel

HMMM can't find it. maybe I am wrong? could have swore he did, but maybe I'm confused

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By sommyt

@TrueMarvel: I actually know off what ur talking about

Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Megan Fox

I don't think the Labors count as actual feats. Hercules and nobody else is capable of holding up the Earth without a magical effect. Hercules has struggled physically with characters that couldn't hold up even half the earth so I don't believe the labors are real feats.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By JJ62

This is my conclusion, Hercules > Thor without Mjolnir, Hercules = Thor with Mjolnir.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Megan Fox said:
    I don't think the Labors count as actual feats. Hercules and nobody else is capable of holding up the Earth without a magical effect. Hercules has struggled physically with characters that couldn't hold up even half the earth so I don't believe the labors are real feats.
    MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MzombieX

The events in Blood Oath are one example of many battles between Thor & Herc - perhaps a dozen over their history.

More often than not they stalemate each other and are viewed as equals in combat. That is perhaps the only time Thor has acknowledged Herc to be slightly better in H2H. Usually neither would give the other that kind of satisfaction. Both claiming to be the other's superior during heated battles. During more friendly contests, giving each other mutual respect. They are often even viewed on panel as equals in strength & combat in the eyes of Odin & Zeus, who say as much, while watching battles between the two in both armed & unarmed combat.

Thor fought Herc well, until the last hold where Herc caught him with a good grip ... and Thor cut the fight short with a lightning bolt. So one round in favor of Herc. Though Thor has had little trouble breaking free from a very similar hold before. Thor has also been in position during two separate other battles, where he was the one shown as having the advantage, before the battle was interrupted. One such battle (as shown in earlier scans by The PhoeniX) in which Thor was beating Herc decisively, to the point that Herc's followers began to lose faith. He reassured them he would succeed but was rejected by Thor yet again ... and laid out at the feet of Zeus in Olympus.

Whatever edge Herc may have in H2H is slight, if at all. Personally I view them as peers in both skill & strength.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By New_World_Order

There both gods of strength, so it would make sense that there equals.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Enyalios

Thor and Hercules are well established equals in strength within the pages of Marvel Comics. Every actual test of strength between the two puts them as equal. Hercules has been established once in their most recent confrontation as slightly better than Thor in hand to hand combat. It is their most recent confrontation and therefore should be taken as gospel even if it is inconsistant with every other showing, it is Thor that is making the admission. Personally I would wait to see if it ever happens again before calling it official. One could be a fluke, two marks a pattern.

Hand to hand combat, however, does not equate to strength. Most hand to hand combat has to do with technique, possitioning and leverage, particularly in wressling. A rear choke like what Hercules utilizes in Blood Oath is not going to be broken by strength alone, particularly if someone is your physical equal. Its a good nod to Hercules and a good way of seperating him from other physical powerhouses, I just wish they would be more consistant with hit.

As for Hercules 12 labors, they have been acknowledged as having occured in the Marvel Universe, though not all of them were completed by Hercules, some were actually completed by the Forgotten One. The cleaning of the Aegean Stables as been outright stated, others have been hinted at, to include the lifting of the heavens (not the earth). [Coincidently, this is actually in keeping with the myth, as there were at least two different Heracles's (the most well known being the son of Zeus and Alceme, but another being the son of Zeus and Lysithoe) running around that all got lumped together. In fact there were as manay as seven whose feats are interchanged.]

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Asagod

@JJ62 said:

This is my conclusion, Hercules = Thor without Mjolnir, Hercules < Thor with Mjolnir.

Fixed

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LeeSensei

@akbogert: Hercules is a God in the myths too actually.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @KingSolomon: Hercuels is a really really good wrestler, so an headlock of his would be hard to get out of, even if someone is stronger than  him. It is the technique. Plus they are equal in strength, but Herc being superior in combat, makes him the better fighter.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cmartin

people are so sheep...hercules is not a better h2h fighter. One witer wrote one DUMB slapstick story that doesnt make hercules a greater fighter

in fact if you read all thor and herc fights.. thor actually most times has the edge hand to hand and other wise as shown by scans

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Malevolent1

I have read nothing that indicates these characters are anything but equal in strength. On the other hand I have read nothing that shows Herc is faster than Thor. Also. Herc is the better H2H combatant. Strength? Even.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sommyt

@JJ62 said:

@sommyt Thor's reaction times are pitiful...at least current Thor. Also, in speed Thor can reach the speed of light while flying, Superman is almost as fast as Flash, who can move far faster than the speed of light. Another thing, Thor only has super speed when he's flying. He can't run or react at super speed, Superman can. Lastly, Herc lifted the heavens, exactly how heavy are the heavens? It looks as if he's lifting the universe, but I'm not sure.

yep but flight speed goes to Thor as he has entered hyperspace ..over 5000x the speed of light

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By GunGunW

I'm confused on Thor's durability... some tell me he has greater durability than Superman, others tell me he doesn't have invulnerability Can someone please clear that up for me?

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What if Hercules permanently used his Namean lion Skin and his adamantine mace? Can he do anything with that, besides looking cool? And people saying thor is god of strength, i thought he was the god of thunder?!?! o.O.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sommyt

@GunGunW: more durable than supes

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sommyt

@Baberaham_Lincoln:

THOR IS TH EGOD OF THUNDER,LIGHTINIG,STRENGTH,WAR AND FERTILTY

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LeeSensei

@cmartin said:

people are so sheep...hercules is not a better h2h fighter. One witer wrote one DUMB slapstick story that doesnt make hercules a greater fighter

in fact if you read all thor and herc fights.. thor actually most times has the edge hand to hand and other wise as shown by scans

Hercules has better h2h feats than Thor does. It's also consistent with the myths they were based on. Hercules was trained by the best teachers in Greece in war, combat, weapons mastery sports etc..

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're pretty close....I always felt Thor was a tad stronger, but Herc the better H2H combatant.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

herc held the heavens IIRC

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both equals when it comes to their fights, but Hercules has the better individual feats

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

equal they're, but thor have better striking power and durability

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.