Hemsworth: Production On 'Thor: The Dark World' Is "Past The Halfway Mark"

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Actor Chris Hemsworth who played Thor in both the Thor film (2011) as well as in The Avengers (2012) recently spoke about production on the sequel to the first film, Thor: The Dark World, which is currently being filmed. The actor revealed that not only is production on the movie "past the halfway mark," but he also gave fans some insight into the tone and overall feel of the upcoming film.

"We have six weeks to go to shoot," said Hemsworth "This is the trickiest bit, because you can go, 'Oh, yeah, we're past the halfway mark!' which isn't a good idea, because you're not finished yet. You sort of get that second wind about now or you hope to and push on through. But it's been great. The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There's a definite "Game of Thrones" vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor]."

That's not all, though. Hemsworth also gave fans some clues about the character development fans can expect to see. According to the actor, there might be some tense moments shared between Thor and actress Natalie Portman's character, Jane Foster.

== TEASER ==

"Definitely. For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in 'Avengers.' Thor might have some explaining to do in this one....There's some fun to be had with that...And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from 'Thor' to 'Avengers' to now."

It will be interesting to see not only how the tone of this film differs from the first movie, but also how much of The Avengers movie influences the story we will see in the sequel. For those of you that simply cannot wait to see Thor: The Dark World, you will have to wait for the film's release on November 8th, 2013. Are you looking forward to the film?

#1 Posted by MaxSchreck (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting ,hopefullly they are going to show us Malekith in action soon . It´ll be also cool to see Loki on trial for the crimes he comitted in the Avengers .

#2 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking the sound of this. This all appears very good for Thor: The Dark World.

#3 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

#4 Posted by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't like the first Thor movie at all. It was fine as set up for The Avengers, but on its own it was a really poor movie. The only good thing about it was Hemsworth's performance. Hopefully this one is better.

#5 Posted by CRTrobinson (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat: Wow, you must have horrible taste. Thor as a stand alone film was pretty damn decent and entertaining considering they had to try to make Asgard seem believable and not overly make believe.

#6 Posted by Crackdown (610 posts) - - Show Bio

I want more TYR

#7 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

hammer time

#8 Posted by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@CRTrobinson: For me, it's similar to The Amazing Spider-Man. I thought that the set-up and characterizations were good, but the story the movie told just didn't grab me. Then again, I've never cared much for Thor as a character anyway. Asgard in the Marvel universe always felt really goofy to me. That isn't to say that there aren't good Thor stories, just that I'm not really into those kinds of stories.

Maybe it's that goofiness that made Thor lackluster for me. The other Marvel movies definitely have a sense of humor, but I just couldn't take the movie seriously when it tried to be serious, an issue I didn't have with any of the others.

#9 Posted by darkhorse3581 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Yes I can't wait for this movie to come out

#10 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Even tho i love this Loki hopefully there wont be too much of him in this movie

#11 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not crazy that Kenneth Branagh is not directing, but this film is bound to rule anyway. I CAN'T WAIT!!

#12 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat said:

@CRTrobinson: For me, it's similar to The Amazing Spider-Man. I thought that the set-up and characterizations were good, but the story the movie told just didn't grab me. Then again, I've never cared much for Thor as a character anyway. Asgard in the Marvel universe always felt really goofy to me. That isn't to say that there aren't good Thor stories, just that I'm not really into those kinds of stories.

Maybe it's that goofiness that made Thor lackluster for me. The other Marvel movies definitely have a sense of humor, but I just couldn't take the movie seriously when it tried to be serious, an issue I didn't have with any of the others.

I didn't really like the first Thor movie either... it was okay, but I wasn't left with any desire to watch it again. The Dark World sounds promising though, I'm certainly excited about it

#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Jane Foster will argue and Lady Siff will just happen to arrive.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see them expand on Sif...so, so badly.

#15 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very exciting about the second film of The Thor!

#16 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

father, i will be waiting.

#17 Posted by jumpstart55 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

"Game of Thrones" vibe, I definitely like the sound of that.

#18 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel is Kicking major boo-tay!  They just need to make more better animated movies. (+)
#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm digging the Thor suit. I like how comic movies are really trying to stay in sync with current comics continuity with regard to superhero costumes. I really am anticipating this movie.

#20 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope there's a doctor strange cameo

#21 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7965 posts) - - Show Bio

Very excited for this

#22 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR ODIN, FOR ASGARD!

#23 Posted by DCWarFan73 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Very much looking forward to more Thor in the new year!

#24 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Please Don't rush it.

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the minor tweaks on the new costume!

#26 Posted by tuckerh (21 posts) - - Show Bio

hope it is good

#27 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Most excited for this film next year (followed by Superman).

#28 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that thor is going to be a weakling.

#29 Posted by DarkerPhoenix (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: my thoughts exactly!

#30 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just happy to see one of my favorite character's become a household name. I also hope this next one is good enough to lay the ground work for a third one.

#31 Posted by Essentialtonystark (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Also cant wait to see the movie. Hope Sif will have more space in it cuase she rocks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.