have you played the thor game

Posted by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

My 10 year old cousin made me play it and I thought it was one of the worst games of all time.  I love the movie though

#1 Posted by RisingBean (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the game was painful. I put a few hours into it. It drained the will to survive out of me.
#2 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not plan on it. Saw clips and made me think "is this for the Game Cube?"

#3 Posted by Nefarious (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the trailer of that game, too. It didn't impress me one bit.

#4 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Sony are really making disappointing games with the Marvel characters they have been given

#5 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Iron Man games sucked, and I wouldn't surprised if Thor sucked even though I haven't nor want to play it. But when it comes to superhero movies, it seems that they must always be accompanied by a random and very crappy game. Hopefully Captain America will be better...but the fact that it's being made by the same people who made the Thor and Iron Man games....weeeell let's just say I don't have my hopes up for an epic game....even though I'll still be getting it <_<

#6 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

It's no secret that 99,9% of movie based games sucks extremely bad since they are rushed half-assed products that are expected to sale based on name alone.

#7 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're interested in a superhero game, then play "DC Universe Online". It's like the only good superhero game, that exists.
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is fun too, but it's too short. Batman: Akrham Asylum is a good game.

Games based on movies are garbage, all the time, or am I mistaking?

#8 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru: You are not mistaking at all, my friend. I would, however, add one small caveat to your overture, and that is that games based on and released as promotional tie-ins to movies are garbage, all the time. That one Riddick game was pretty fun, and the recent Ghostbusters game was enjoyable, but neither of them were released alongside a film; they were meant to be stand-alone products that had to succeed on their own merits. You typical movie tie-in game gets all the hard work and care put into it as the movie tie-in lunchboxes. I should know, I had the misfortune to have played E.T. on the Atari 2600, the game that nearly derailed the entire industry.
#9 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Ou, E.T...
I think that game was even so bad then not even James, the Angry Nintendo Nerd wanted to play it!

#10 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God I warned my brother not to get this game.
#11 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
Ou, E.T... I think that game was even so bad then not even James, the Angry Nintendo Nerd wanted to play it!
Now THAT must be a bad game... O_O
#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Hey! The GameCube was legendary bro!

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan: Hey! The GameCube was legendary bro!

Well here's how it was then:

XBox > PS2 > GameCube (graphics)

And now:

PS3 > 360 > Wii

Nintendo is rather behind. 

I own and love the games on my Game Cube. But....
#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Eh... it's more like PS3=360 > Wii.

Gamecube was the best system of last generation IMO. Had the widest variety of games.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Gamecube was the best system of last generation IMO. Had the widest variety of games.

Game Cube definitely had a lot of games. But the graphics weren't as good, on average. 

Well, the PS3 is a blu-ray player, so....
#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Meh, I don't watch movies that much besides the theater so it doesn't make a difference for me. Other than that, I consider both systems equals. I hate all this flame war crap.

#17 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Game Cube definitely had a lot of games. But the graphics weren't as good, on average. Well, the PS3 is a blu-ray player, so....

Is bluray really all that? Richer color doesn't really doesn't make a difference in my opinion, ps3 and xbox360 are equal in all aspects except for that. It all comes down to the videogames, ps3 has god of war and xbox has halo, just an example.

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@lanebad6:

Well, I don't have an HD TV, so I really don't get the full benefit. But it's not just the color, but the frame rate and detail.

PS3 has Uncharted and inFamous.

#19 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

They made a game?

#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
It sucked.
#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Exclusives are all subjective to me. I personally don't think Uncharted is all that amazing, but I adore inFamous.

On the other hand, 360 gamepad is far more comfortable than a PS3 gamepad IMO.

#22 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan said:

Exclusives are all subjective to me. I personally don't think Uncharted is all that amazing, but I adore inFamous.

Really? I find the XBox control to be incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know why but I don't like how it feels. I like the PS3 controller.

#23 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan said:

Really? I find the XBox control to be incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know why but I don't like how it feels. I like the PS3 controller.

Same here, i can't seem to find the right grip with a xbox controller for some reason. Doesn't feel right.

And PS3 is gonna get Last of Us, so excited for that game.

#24 Posted by TheCannon (18797 posts) - - Show Bio

I''m probably the only person that enjoyed the game. Would of been nice if I was able to finish it before my Xbox broke though.

#25 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I have both(xbox 360 and ps3) ps3 has better quality visuals (i have HD TV) xbox has better games, xbox has beter controllers, ps3 has better online and better online players

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: The 360 controller fits right into my hand. PS3 is far too small for me but to each their own.

#27 Posted by sagejonathan (1956 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan

@lanebad6:

Well, I don't have an HD TV, so I really don't get the full benefit. But it's not just the color, but the frame rate and detail.

I'm a huge infamous fan. Waiting for SUcker Punch's next epic game. But really guys, they should just make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

#28 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

@JediXMan

@lanebad6:

I'm a huge infamous fan. Waiting for SUcker Punch's next epic game. But really guys, they should just make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

No way. Let MUA die.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

No way. Let MUA die.

Agreed. Have you seen footage of the Young Justice: Legacy game? It's awful...

#30 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

It sucked.
#31 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan said:

Same here.
#32 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan said:

No way. Let MUA die.

Agreed. Have you seen footage of the Young Justice: Legacy game? It's awful...

Haven't seen that.

#33 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@sagejonathan said:

@JediXMan said:

@lanebad6:

No way. Let MUA die.

Why?
#34 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

#35 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2.

#36 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan:

I'm really starting to hate games like that. I liked X-Men Legends II and MUA, but neither truly satisfied me like good solo games do. Quantity =/= quality.

#37 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Lacked internet support. PS2 had internet support.

#38 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Oh I thought you were talking about graphics. Gamecube had a modem adapter you could buy I think, I remember playing Phantasy Star Online. PS2 was a much better system though.

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: If you ask me, the game extremely resembles the atrocity that was X-Men Destiny.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Oh I thought you were talking about graphics. Gamecube had a modem adapter you could buy I think, I remember playing Phantasy Star Online. PS2 was a much better system though.

I meant overall performance. Game Cube might have better graphics in retrospect, though. But Nintendo is still one whole console generation behind as far as overall performance and graphics go. The PS3 and 360 are much more powerful systems with a MUCH better internet layout (bullcrap "friend codes" ....)

#41 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@JediXMan: If you ask me, the game extremely resembles the atrocity that was X-Men Destiny.

I didn't even play that. I thought about it early on when it sounded like it would be an RPG-style game with some combat, where you FEEL like a student at Xaviers who eventually becomes an X-Man - that sounds awesome.

But what we got.... no....

Now if only they'd hire me... I'd make good games.

#42 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yeah the Wii U doesn't look too great either.

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I'd rather have you hired at LucasArts as Creative Lead for everything Star Wars related, but I'd settle with you dishing out fantastic RPG's.

I meant overall performance. Game Cube might have better graphics in retrospect, though. But Nintendo is still one whole console generation behind as far as overall performance and graphics go. The PS3 and 360 are much more powerful systems with a MUCH better internet layout (bullcrap "friend codes" ....)

Ugh... The Wii U has to be the biggest mistake I've ever seen so far. They have terrific ideas for it, but technically, the machine is sub-par to what the "next-gen" should be shooting for.

#44 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I have. I needed therapy afterward.

#45 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

Personally, I'd rather work with LucasArts, too. Then you'd see Jedi Knight III (Yuuzhan Vong War), Battlefront III (Yuuzhan Vong War - play as the New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Yuuzhan Vong, and the Peace Brigade), a New Sith Wars game, and a Dark Times RPG.

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: You're hired! You start Monday at 8'o Clock sharp!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.