Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Grumpy Old King Thor Just Made A New Enemy!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How in the world will Thor fight Necro Galactus (or whatever they're going to call him) ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering this myself. Perhaps he will actually kill thor, or Thor will offer him the Galactus seed. I would like for Thor to find a way to beat him though somehow

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I've been trying to think of way but I don't see one lol . Galactus is going to be tough.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I wish this book would stop trying to retcon Hickman's FF.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: In Hickman's FF at the end of time when the 616 is about to die the only to beings that live on to the next universe is Galactus and Franklin Richards.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is that retcon FF ? There's still life out there , king Thor is over EONS years in the future I Believe . The earth died out

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So finally we can start these threads about the butcher of worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think this took place at the end of time.its was just eons in the future where earth had died out. I didn't read that FF run though so correct me if this does actually retconned that story.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: like how can he be stopped now ? Lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kgb725

@uugieboogie: Like im tkied of hearing about NKT its all about NKG lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jayc1324: You should read it, it's pretty amazing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why does he not do more then just toss around energy. That is not power that is just boring. Would like to see something more grand more cool more mind blowing then that and Hercules beat Galactus by making him drunk , granted with a thought he turned him into a mold spore then back again lol. However he did not just try to fight him again he changed tactics.I really do not consider a story where something lets you beat on it till you win exciting at all to read.

This is not a fight at all and you wonder how Galactus ever lived so long in the first place.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have often wondered why writers don`t use his reality/molecule manipulation powers more often.When Korvac sent through time to his decendents power he stole from bigG`s world ship,he was said to rival G himself.Now,in Korvac Quest his power is sent back in time to his desendents.And each one(about 3 or 4 of them)use mostly his reality powers,such as turning a desk into apples,saving the lives of two children that died when a building fell on them.And recreating the building and turning the rest of the world into a lush garden. ect.,ect.,

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Galactus is the most overused and diluted cosmic entity in the MU.

This overuse has diluted him and lead to the perception of and showings of his power to be far less than originally intended. Now it seems Galactus is yet another character in need of being amped by this "Necro"-thing in order to remain a sufficiently powerful, viable and impressive threat. I wish it weren't so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: nah, he beat old king Thor pretty soundly. So bad that he needed to get the necro sword in the first place. The necro sword is a gigantic amp though, so whoever has it wins. Thor needed it to win against Galactus, now Galactus has it and should be unstoppable

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

THOR will find a way.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why cant they just say nay. The hero does not have to always power over something to win the day. That was what always made a hero great. He used his mind not has arms , he thought through the problem not had the problem work him.

Thus superman beating mitzelplix or what ever his name was brawn and power vs strategy. They always make Glalactus like a computer not even alive just a punching bag.

Wow that is pretty boring I mean give him character.

The problem is simple but the writer needs to be bigger then the problem and up to the task.

Can they do justice to Thor and Galactus both?

This should be a chase through time a war that spans all time and who knows what could take place.

Thor could look down on himself and find he has become the very soul he was trying to do away with.

Thor is Galactus muhahahahahahaha nooooooo maybe its what Fury said. You are that of which you choose to deny , you are the consumer of worlds the snake the alpha and omega the beginning and the end. Thor does not see it and he screams nooooooooooooooooooooooo I have been played like a puppet. my life has no reason I am doomed to never ending failure. Then he just forgets the whole things and goes and gets Subway food a large ale and some chips.

The problem that comes with Galactus is we almost root for the big lug because whom has not ever been hungry and Thor fighting to protect a dead world. Well um really Thor its dead.

Let it go.

Let

it

go

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh, only in a Thor book would the fans complain about Thor winning. Thor needs better fans, no wonder the writers always write him losing, its apparently what fans like the guy above me want. OH NO Thor beat galactus? obviously means the writers are make galactus too weak

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I JUST HAD A BRAIN BLAST. Old king Thor is in Asgard when Necro Galactus starts to attack New greener Earth. King Thor high tales it to Earth and start and Epic Figh with galactus. The fight is epic but it becomes clear (After awhile) that a Thor is no match for galactus, and that galactus is dying because of the necro sword. Then Franlin Richard comes back after eons of being awesome and make galactus his herald and removeing the sword and giving it back to Thor for safe keeping and Galactus becomes his hearald.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh, only in a Thor book would the fans complain about Thor winning. Thor needs better fans, no wonder the writers always write him losing, its apparently what fans like the guy above me want. OH NO Thor beat galactus? obviously means the writers are make galactus too weak

The guy above you is like me , no we want good stories Galactus is no push over and other worlds have gods to. So you say that every time Galactus goes to a world he should have his ass handed to him fighting gods of all worlds.

its not about losing its about how you fight Herc did not beat Galactus with his arms but he did it with his mind and he made him smile and off he went.

He won.

Its not about how strong you are but how you win.

Writers just want to take the easy way out. Have Thor act like a thug and Thor is not a Thug or a brute he is smarter then that. You have your stories you like and I have mine. Give me a creative Thor any day one that can think his way out of things he does have Loki for a brother and Loki is pretty damn smart.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@powerherc: nah, he beat old king Thor pretty soundly. So bad that he needed to get the necro sword in the first place. The necro sword is a gigantic amp though, so whoever has it wins. Thor needed it to win against Galactus, now Galactus has it and should be unstoppable

yeah, i gotta go with Jay here. Galactus beat Odin power level'd Thor and his daughters shortly thereafter ....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.