Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Getting Into Thor

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So lately I've been getting into Thor, I read the entirety of Aaron's God of Thunder run a few months ago and have recently read a few other Thor runs:

Thor by JMS Omnibus & Thor by Kieron Gillen Ultimate Collecton & Thor: The World Eaters (basically the entirety of Thor vol. 3 followed by Thor 600-621)

The Mighty Thor by Matt Fraction which wasn't as good as I'd come to expect from Fraction after reading his Invincible Iron Man series a couple of years back

Thor by Dan Jurgens (most of Thor vol. 2) currently still reading this, I'm at issue 47 atm

And I'm planning on reading these:

Rest of Thor vol. 2 including the Avengers Disassembled story

Thor: Ragnarok by Roy Tomas and then read the Eternals saga

Walter Simonson's run

Are there are other good runs/story arcs worth a read that I should throw into this list? I don't mind reading silver age comics

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By antithetical

You definitely have pretty much all the major arcs/story lines of the past forty years covered, lol! I'm not all that up to speed on the silver age material, though you might want to check out some of one shot stories or mini-series, I see Blood Oath gets a fair amount of recommendation. Of the ones I've read I thought For Asgard was pretty good, though it felt like it was left incomplete and hanging at the end.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also you can try perusing the "Must read Thor" thread pinned to the top of the Thor board.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're carousing through that much of Thor's history, it's worthwhile to get the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Ominbus, both volumes in fact. Thor was a cornerstone of the Marvel universe when Lee and Kirby were working their magic with Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer.

Good choice on both the Dan Jurgens run (criminally overlooked) and the Roy Thomas run (which was his last Marvel story at that time). Both were excellent.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor and Loki blood brothers is also a cool read.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stan Lee and Walter Simonson are musts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.