Geez, More Thor Rumors, Who Might Be Loki?

Posted by G-Man (36770 posts) - - Show Bio
Nothing's been confirmed yet.  The latest news is that Josh Hartnett has met with Kenneth Branagh to play Loki.  He's supposedly on a short list of potential actors.   What do you think?  We can then assume they'll be going with the original male version of Loki and not the current female version. 

IESB says their sources have brought this information to them.  Hartnett apparently wants to play the villain since he hasn't before (and look what playing a bad guy did for Heath Ledger's fame).

Thor could use at least one big name to spice things up.  Us comic fans will be eager to see him on screen but the average movie goer might need a 'name' to make them want to see the movie.   This is all speculaton at this point.  Do you think he'd make a good Loki?  IESB says he's 6'3".  He can act.  Can you think of someone else?

Let's just hope he doesn't have the super long horns on his helmet.
#1 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

he's cute if he didn't look like a girl

:P

#2 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"he's cute if he didn't look like a girl

"
Maybe they're going for halfway between old Loki and new Loki. :P
#3 Posted by Lord Of The Black Sand (9 posts) - - Show Bio
Paragon said:
"BatgirlBabs said:

"
Maybe they're going for halfway between old Loki and new Loki. :P
"
LMFAO

i think he'd make a good Baldur
#4 Posted by G-Man (36770 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"
"
interesting point
#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't imagine this guy as Loki.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224442 posts) - - Show Bio
Josh Harntett as Loki..... wow
#8 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

If it'd be anyone, I wreckon it'd be Balder ;-)

#9 Edited by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not seeing it. No offense to Hartnett (cause I know he reads my posts) but I think Loki should look more...menacing. Someone who has a commanding presence. Like say....Danial Day Lewis. Now that would be sick.
"If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!"

#10 Posted by danhimself (22626 posts) - - Show Bio

it's so hard to judge people for the roles in this movie without knowing what the costumes are going to look like because any time i picture anybody in a thor or loki suit i think they look ridiculous

#11 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!"
"
Lmmfao

Javier Bardev (spelling? The bad guy from no country for old men)?

Could he work?
#12 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Loki was kinda gross. Not straight up ugly, but not a pretty boy.

#13 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Put some guy liner on him, and I could dig it.

#14 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I'm not seeing it. No offense to Hartnett (cause I know he reads my posts) but I think Loki should look more...menacing. Someone who has a commanding presence. Like say....Danial Day Lewis. Now that would be sick.
"

Can I have some of whatever your on :-)
#15 Posted by G-Man (36770 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure people didn't think Ledger could pull off Joker either...(man that just sounds sooo wrong).

#16 Posted by King Saturn (224442 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I'm sure people didn't think Ledger could pull off Joker either...(man that just sounds sooo wrong).
"
lmfao
#17 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I'm sure people didn't think Ledger could pull off Joker either...(man that just sounds sooo wrong)."
(because you went there first) I don't see why, he pulled off Jake Gyllenhaal just fine.
#18 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Harnett would do a PERFECT LOKI if they go for the Ultimates version instead of the classic one. But i know that they're going for the classic version of the character so... I damn them all to hell.

#19 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy whatever he does after BHD

#20 Posted by Rod12 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Harnett is a good actor and he is a good choice to play Loki but I rather see Josh Harnett play Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) in a Green Lantern Movie.

#21 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess

#22 Posted by Fresh Prince (5173 posts) - - Show Bio
I think he'd do ok as Loki.
#23 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think David Tennant could be a really good Loki because he looks wise and looks the right age. Loki is my favourite Marvel character ever so Ken Branagh better give Loki to the best villainous, young actor he can find. Preferably David Tennant.

#24 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:

"
Lol. Harsh. 
#25 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler said:

"I'm not seeing it. No offense to Hartnett (cause I know he reads my posts) but I think Loki should look more...menacing. Someone who has a commanding presence. Like say....Danial Day Lewis. Now that would be sick.
"

Yeah, in a perfect world, Daniel Day-Lewis would be in every movie.  Something tells me he has better things to do.  I'm more concerned with the writing.  Characters like Loki tend to be good, whoever's playing them.  It's Thor you should be worried about.

#26 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could work actually.

#27 Posted by Baraborn (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Harnett could probably play as good a Loki as Heath Ledger did the Joker. Cover up that pretty-boy face and there COULD actually be a great actor in there... or not.

#28 Posted by MadOmegaMan (85 posts) - - Show Bio

How 'bout Jim Carrey as Loki?

#29 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio
"MadOmegaMan
on April 23, 2009
How 'bout Jim Carrey as Loki?"

-Seriously? Did you see what Jim Carrey did to The Riddler?
| flag

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.