Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Find and Close the Breach

roisin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By roisin

How was it that Odin was going to find and close the breach in his defenses, when the breach was Loki...a being who can travel veiled thru many unknown portals. Is Odin even aware that his argument, in the light of Thors betrayal by Loki, is unjustified and untenable? Does he ever apologize for unjustly judging Thor. Thor was correct in his assessment of the dangers to Asgaard. He was correct in trying to find the root and source of that breach. Instead, it is Thor who contritely ascedes to Odin, adding 'he has much to learn'. Odin owes his son an apology and it is he who has much to learn about honouring his valiant son. I find it at times unsettling that aspects or nordic mythology, especially what has come to light since Waddells corret translation of the Brittish Edda...ie Odin is Thor...and the All Father. Sif, is his beautiful wife; the golden goddess of light...That the characters are now presented so skewed, one has to set aside what the old myths tell us and embrace a new marvel mythology. I find it remarkable I am more than willing to do just that in light of the brilliant movies Thor & the Avengers. I wait impatiently for the next installment! roisin

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By z3ro180

@roisin: what in all of the nine realms are you talking about??

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

?

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Asagod

@roisin said:

"Odin is Thor"

Uh... WHAT???

And the British Edda has nothing to do with Norse Mythology, it is all non-sense...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.