Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Female Thor is ...

• 81 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@mcdavid: I am with you, it's Roz. Last Thor and Jane truly interacted was when he took her to the moon to reminisce, and to have her give Thor a kind of blessing to pursue, or rather, rediscover "earthly" pleasures which led him to meeting Roz at her SHIELD graduation party.

Even then, while Jane would certainly reveal herself, I don't get why Roz wouldn't either. This mystery is one of a few forced points in this new direction that can annoy. I am working at not being too nit picky with this series because I want to like it (no, not because it's a female Thor, but because of the writer, Aaron), but it's a struggle for me so far.

@asgaard: I can see the Mjolnir gravitating to Roz because of Thor's life essence being embedded within it, in tandem with her being for all intents and purposes, the representative of Earth through her environmental focus with SHIELD. It does appear to be the direction Aaron is going with this.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

It has to be Roz

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Asgaard

@galacticfork: @ms-lola: @skaldadottir: I never said and i won't say that female Thor can't be Jane Foster, you guys made good points for her to be Jane.

But did Aaron ever use before thoughts bubbles before with any characters in Thor God of Thunder? I only check 7 or 8 issues but i only found this panel with thoughts bubbles in TGOT # 24.

Female Thor is Roz or Jane, this is not a good argument to her be Roz, in this topic there are better arguments, i just found this panel curious.

No Caption Provided

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By skaldadottir

@asgaard: That is an interesting panel. Interesting that the only character whose head we 'get into' is Roz's.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@asgaard: Very interesting. I think I do remember bubbles being used in GoT story but I can be wrong. It had to do with Old King Thor thinking to himself, I believe?

Good catch, nonetheless. The reveal is happening in issue 8 of Thor, so at least we know it won't go much longer.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By anjuwayo

What if Thor had a child with an earthling... or maybe its Torunn Thorsdottir from the Next Avengers whom decided to stay in 616...

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjuwayo said:

What if Thor had a child with an earthling... or maybe its Torunn Thorsdottir from the Next Avengers whom decided to stay in 616...

boobs-thor kissed Thor in one issue and it was not a father daughter kiss

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is Hillary Clinton...muhahahahaha She got fed up with Bill and she ran to the moon and she said , "Worthy , Not Worthy , hell with it I am the one with the hammer know"

muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if it does turn out to be Agent Solomon, and Aaron doesn't pull a bait snd switch, I'm calling her "Throz". Marvel can push the notion she's "Thor" all they want... nope... "Throz".

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Asgaard

Well if it does turn out to be Agent Solomon, and Aaron doesn't pull a bait snd switch, I'm calling her "Throz". Marvel can push the notion she's "Thor" all they want... nope... "Throz".

Since issue 2 that everyone point out Roz as female Thor, Aaron current writing is mediocre, but this 8 issues plot (who is she) can't end with the issue 2 simple answer, that would be anecdotal even to Aaron's current poor writing standards, the earthling thoughts only allow other suspect to be female Thor, so she has to be JANE, because Aaron still is a professional writer...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShieldMaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta be roz

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have got to the point where it has become like a soap opera.

Who shot jr...?

Marry Thorman Mary Thorman......

Well dammit Thorella , I just do not give a shizzle.....

All the bars in all the towns and she had to pick up my hammer and run off with it..... Ahhhhh the misery..

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: In that case, Jane Fosthor.

Just remember in that case she will be Thordis... Just like That Alternate Version...

So Throz for Roz and Thordis for Jane...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What's a Roz?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

What's a Roz?

Rosalind Solomon (Roz) and Jane Foster are only credible suspects to be the Female Thor since Aaron's issue 2...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @antithetical said:

@asgaard: In that case, Jane Fosthor.

Just remember in that case she will be Thordis... Just like That Alternate Version...

So Throz for Roz and Thordis for Jane...

Ah, yes, forgot all about Thordis.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

What's a Roz?

A regrettable mistake?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Asgaard

@mjolnirson: Congrats Female Thor is Jane Foster and that was always your bet...Link

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    No Caption Provided

Guess who is missing, yes Agent Roz.

Again, a bit of Aaron's misdirection, as the perpetrator is in the line up. :O

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yup when i made this topic i thought the revelation wouldn't take more than the 4 first issues, when i saw that Aaron/Marvel were stretching the stunt, Roz was to much obvious for professional writing, had to be the other option, to be fair Aaron also connected Jane to female Thor in some plots, only her has motivations to hide her identity, and in TGOT Thor takes her to the moon when he finds out about her current disease, and in the last issue that i read 5, she seems to have special connection to the moon, and hints that something is causing her difficulties, don't know if Aaron made more connections because didn't read any more issues...

Besides @mjolnirson:... @galacticfork: also always said that she was Jane with good theories... Congrats Again...

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Makentsu

@antithetical: @asgaard:Now that we know it's Jane and what's happening to her we can assume that unless somewhere during Secret Wars she gets cured of her disease she won't survive after Secret Wars even though she'll be in the All New All Bland(except for Miles,Kamala,Nova)Avengers,especially considering that Spoiler(i guess

)Chris Hemsworth is confirmed for Avengers 3 and 4.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Asgaard

@makentsu: @antithetical: i guess Secret Wars will be more important that we initial thought, let's see how that event ends, and how the MU will look like after, but that new line of the avengers says that Female Thor will survive SW, i wonder if she will cure her current disease with the Original Thordis hammer (alternate # hammer very SW style), she's also in secret Wars... double Thordis (original and new)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By arthurkerr

I think that kind of killed the whole thing for some. I mean wow Jane really? Then to keep her around a girl whom spit in the face of a cure and surely that is something no sick person would ever do. To feel pain on such a scale that some feel it on is beyond sanity and to spit in the face of a certain cure belittles people like the my friends son whom would love a cure and says "I will kick cancer to the moon" Kaden I hope you do.

Sickness like that is not the reason to be worthy. In the face of no cure fighting the good fight and keeping a smile on your face that is our idea of a worthy soul. Norse however you have to die in battle , take on the giants and be willing to go bravely out in the world as a warrior. To defend anything and do it well. Not just anybody can sit at Odin's table only the best most noble warriors go to the afterlife with Odin. So to say hmmmm she fights sickness well. No that does nothing or says nothing of her worth.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I hope your friend's son kicks it to the moon as well, all the best to him.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Asgaard

@arthurkerr:

Yes, Jane doesn't reunite all the qualities for being worthy in the standard Asgard's belief systems, warrior's spirit? warrior's honor? prepared to kill? the code of Asgard and Valhalla? Mjolnir shouldn't make you worthy and Thor, you have to be worthy before wield the hammer, Thordis story is outdated and would require a very different execution because comics also evolve and some stories don't hold up, the worthy definition was solidified in the canon, this story doesn't fit Asgard and Thor anymore...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By arthurkerr

@arthurkerr: I hope your friend's son kicks it to the moon as well, all the best to him.

me to and thanks. He is a twin and gets very bad migraines and the tumor has gone into a slumber in his brain. Very sad indeed and when you see the video of him saying he will kick cancer to the moon to his mom. You hope he does. Even though the truth be that his time here is limited and his pain in a sense is our pain it goes out and it says. I am strong when my mother is not , I am alive because the moment lets me and I have hope that all the world will one day find a cure, because no twin should watch his other half die.

Avatar image for awesometacularman
    awesometacularman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The female Thor is Jane Foster. Not even lying read the reveal comic its Jane.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

And the reaction is that of apathy or frustration that they didn't make a new, interesting character out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.