Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Fear Itself...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

...would you recommend this graphic novel? I'm drawn to it because its about the only crossover type book around just now where Thor takes a leading role (with most of the others he is a side-show to Cap, Iron Man/Hulk etc) and is pivotal in the end result. Also important for Thor fans in that he scores a rare win over the Hulk, even more impressive given that Hulk was Nul, the world breaker...I know it has its critics however. The owner of the comic book shop I frequent couldn't believe I preferred it to Civil War...simply because I love the fact that Thor takes centre stage for once...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@bezza: just dive into Thor God Of Thunder. Yah I've wanted some stories with my fav heroe taking the lead role but marvel hasn't been doing such a well job with their crossovers that's why this crossover got such back reviews. If your a Thor fan God of Thunder is a good one.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: just dive into Thor God Of Thunder. Yah I've wanted some stories with my fav heroe taking the lead role but marvel hasn't been doing such a well job with their crossovers that's why this crossover got such back reviews. If your a Thor fan God of Thunder is a good one.

I have some of Aarons TGOT comics, but I fancy buying a graphic novel with lots of characters in it, as my youngest daughter likes reading them with me! I'm not too bothered about the reviews, but I thought Fear itself was fairly cool what with Thor battling the serpent and Amped Hulk and Thing...also when caps shield gets broken that's fairly cool, wiped the smile of his face for sure!!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

SeriousBizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't really like Fear Itself very much when it happened, Fraction's Thor is about the only honest instance of "Not muh favorite character" syndrome I've had and I think it affected my reading of the event. Perhaps its time for a second run through, I did enjoy Thor fighting the two Worthy (Thing and Juggernaut?) and Spider-man's part in it pulled all the appropriate heartstrings.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeriousBizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeriousBizzle

@waezi2: Ah yes, truly enough Thor wankery to satisfy enough the most disgruntled hammerbro...

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's whatever. I didn't dislike it so much I wouldn't buy since I own it, but it's meh. Thor's dialogue was still very off because of Fraction, Odin was psychotic, the action in the main series was decent I guess, art was good, ending was meh, I'd give it a 6.5.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Ah yes, truly enough Thor wankery to satisfy enough the most disgruntled hammerbro...

I suppose that's it really. Why I like it is that its the only crossover I can think of where Thor is the character who saves the day (destroying the serpent). Thor was absent from the highly rated Civil War (a Clone being in his place), so for me it slightly downgrades that story and of course he was absent in WW Hulk, which I also own and like. So I guess for all its flaws, if you like Thor and want to see him actually turn up and kick some arse, this crossover has a lot of merit!!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Well, Thor and Cap have their part in saving the day too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Not terrible but could have been much better. Art is fantastic though.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Serpent breaking Captain America's shield with his bare hands = blasphemous!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not terrible but could have been much better. Art is fantastic though.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A forced event to hype the first Thor film, and Fraction definitely seemed like he didn't "get" or didn't care to write Thor, as I feel his Thor was one of the worst incarnations, as well as all the Asgardians not-named Volstagg. Quite a heavy fall from the much better stories of JMS and Gillen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.