Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Esad ribic returning on issue 19?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

rumor or fact?.....please be fact

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's a fact. I think Aaron said in a recent interview that Ron Garney is doing a 5-issue run per fill-in duties and then Ribic is coming back. 10 issues plus 11 covers for Ribic's initial run was pretty remarkable by modern standards.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#3  Edited By Extremis

Omg best news I've heard today!

But I gotta say, Garney has been surprisingly good, even following Esad who is basically THE Thor artist.

We better keep an eye out for Garney, he's still pretty early on in his career right? I think we'll see more of him.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The current story arc finishes on issue 18, so it makes sense for Ribic to return on issue 19. Must say though, Garney hasn't been half bad, I've actually enjoyed his work to be fair.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180

With either Garney or Ribic Thor God Of Thunder is still the best book in marvel now.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

With either Garney or Ribic Thor God Of Thunder is still the best book in marvel now.

QFT.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@z3ro180 said:

Both Garney and Ribic can mess up big time on facial expressions though. It's what keeps the scale of Ribic's artwork and Garney's style from getting a really high rating from me.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HaveAtThee

@theacidskull: Why do some maintain this? It was a perfectly fine issue which moved the story forward. Obviously Garney's pencils are no where near as awesome as Ribic's work (lacking an inker hurts), but the story and the characterization are still strong. I'm particularly interested in how diverse Aaron's stories are. He moves seamlessly from various locales and settings and mixes in interesting characters. The "God Butcher" saga was of obvious brilliance, but "Accursed" has been perfectly solid, I feel.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Ribic is on Avengers for 5 issues from December and won't probably come back until it's done.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE'S COMING BAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sog7dc said:

HE'S COMING BAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely LOOOVE the premise as well. Thor dealing with environmental damage done to the Earth by some corrupt corporation. It gives Thor a problem he can't exactly clobber his way out of, so I'm thinking we're going to see the son of Gaea use his elemental and earthly powers. Plus, we're going to see further development of the Roz Solomon chick. I can't wait until Ribic is back. I'm itching to see how his work will look with the King Thor v. Galactus thing in the issue.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I jumped off Thor after the God Bomb, because Issue 13 didn't really do it for me that much. Its fairly solid, but not awesome in my book. Will probably jump back on when Ribic comes back...I think Garney's art is pretty good however..the cover of #13 was epic!

I tell you what though, Thor is certainly a better book IMO than Indestructible Hulk. Thor and Hulk (along with Wolverine and SS) are my favourite Marvels, but Thor is getting a far better comic I think than Hulk just now. Thor smashes, Hulk just doesn't!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.