Easy way to beat Thor?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by HudsonDoidim (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi guys, so, yesterday i watched Thor and i was thinking if a hero with mind-control powers like Xavier coulnd't just  mind-control Thor and make him beat himself up with his own hammer utill he dies,or even counldn't magneto control his hammer and beat him up with his own hammer,or just crush his helment and armor,or couldn't Fenix turns his hammer into dust and kill him with her own hammer(according to the movie,Thor isn't much more powerfull than a human being withouth the hammer).

#2 Posted by HudsonDoidim (5 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mom guy,help me,this is killing me.

#3 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them have the power to mess with Thor, Xavier did'nt have telepathic power over the Enchantress (Secret Wars #6) and Magneto already tryed taking controll of his hammer but it did'nt seem to be too much of a problem. And Movie Thor is much weaker then comic thor, movie characters always are when it comes to meta humans/gods, Thor even without his hammer can have a good fist fight with Hulk and has. I think the easy way to beat Thor is to have Silver Surfer hold him and have Bor pound on him, but then again that would'nt have a chance of happening in comcis currently.

#4 Posted by MellowYellowFellow (14 posts) - - Show Bio
HudsonDoidim said:
" Hi guys, so, yesterday i watched Thor and i was thinking if a hero with mind-control powers like Xavier coulnd't just  mind-control Thor and make him beat himself up with his own hammer utill he dies,or even counldn't magneto control his hammer and beat him up with his own hammer,or just crush his helment and armor,or couldn't Fenix turns his hammer into dust and kill him with her own hammer(according to the movie,Thor isn't much more powerfull than a human being withouth the hammer). "
to the best of my knowledge. Thor cant be Mind controlled by anything on Marvels Earth... Maybe something Cosmic but im not to sure..
As for Magneto controlling his Hammer Mjolnir..It can't be done by Magneto or really anyone else who "Is Worthy" Like Odin, Bor, Beta Ray Bill. 1.Mjolnir hammer was forged from the mystical ore Uru. Plus it has Magical enchantment and in Marvel comics. Most of the time Magic beats Science. and as for The Phoenix melting Mjolnir i don't know...Never really thought about it. till now.. But i highlt doubt it and Yes in Movies Thor is not as powerfull as he was in the comics when he was cast out of Asgard.
#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick him in the cojones.

#6 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Decapitation via An Adamantium sword or The Ebony Blade.
#7 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

open a blackhole in his kull

#8 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Tell him we stopped beliving in Norse Gods years ago he'll either disapere or commit suicide from saddness

#9 Posted by SC (11947 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, how you apply telepathy differs. Thor has a pretty high natural immunity to telepathy. and as such various comics have shown him resist or succumb to its effects. Usually when he succumbed it was in the passive sense, like being used as a love slave (Moondragon) and not so much in the attack yourself sense, which would probably cause him to snap out. Unless the telepath was extremely powerful. Thor has fought powerful beings with telepathy powers before or beings that well... Glory had telepathy and tried using it, but its not really an attack that could work well against Thor offensively on its own. My main point here is that Xavier probably would not be a consistent choice to use against a rogue Thor. Unless maybe he was misdirecting him to go fight on the other side of the galaxy. Thor has even been fast enough to deflect Phoenix's telepathic bolts at her (Rachel Phoenix) 

Magneto can control Thor's hammer to a limited degree, but this relies on Thor not resisting. Thor's strength let alone his ability to recall the hammer should be sufficient in allowing him majority control. So if Thor is sleeping then Magneto would have a much easier time. 

Also the movie is lying to you! Oh well, its not really. Movies often change things. The budget for a Thor movie would be like ten times as much if he were like the comic version. Plus the enemies would have to be even more powerful and.. well Silver Surfer as well. With his board? Movies just change things to better suit the medium. Are you talking about the movie versions fighting Thor? Arguably they could, upon the directors whim. 
#10 Posted by MellowYellowFellow (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@HudsonDoidim said:
" Hi guys, so, yesterday i watched Thor and i was thinking if a hero with mind-control powers like Xavier coulnd't just  mind-control Thor and make him beat himself up with his own hammer utill he dies,or even counldn't magneto control his hammer and beat him up with his own hammer,or just crush his helment and armor,or couldn't Fenix turns his hammer into dust and kill him with her own hammer(according to the movie,Thor isn't much more powerfull than a human being withouth the hammer). "
I also forgot to say. "Easy way to BEAT Thor" 
I really don't think there is a Easy way to beat him.. If you ask me. with all what you posted was more along the lines of Killing than Beating.... Too Be honest there is many ways to BEAT Thor. More than i can think of.haha... Anyways. in Marvel Comics Thor has not really been Beaten in battle. Theres only a few times i can think of Thor Losing in a fight. Once he (and really every other superhero at the time) lost to Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.... and of course he cant beat his oldman The All-Father Odin. which they fought once or twice. not to the death but it was still a fight. and i guess that time when Thor and Red Hulk was fighting in space and Rulk basically won i guess. even though it was totally F-up cause Rulk was able to use Mjolnir against Thor because there where in Space.(Thanks alot Jeph Loeb) but all-in-all Thor really is one of the Strongest Marvel Heroes Ever.
#11 Posted by SC (11947 posts) - - Show Bio
@MellowYellowFellow:  Not to defend Jeph Loeb, (well actually maybe a little) but he was writing Thor to hold back against Red Hulk, (I know the comic didn't mention this) but thats also why and how Thor came back and beat him up in the next issue. I agree with your sentiment. ^_^
#12 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio
@HudsonDoidim said:
(according to the movie,Thor isn't much more powerfull than a human being withouth the hammer). "
Ok I really hope this is true because I hate seeing Thor have to suffer a major strength decrease just for the sake of the movie thats so wack I'm tired of him being considered weaker than guys like Superman when Supes is an alien but Thor is a god come on. But to answer your question like everyone has said there is no easy way to beat Thor simply because he's a god and doesn't really have any one weakness or the other. In the past certain things may have worked like keeping him away from his hammer for a minute but that doesn't apply anymore at all. Anything that can beat Thor is pretty big Thor and the Hulk are really the defining point for how strong a character is in marvel.
#13 Posted by MellowYellowFellow (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Never thought of it like that... But even so. when Thor went back for a Rematch and only getting a few swings at Rulk. Jeph just gave Rulk right back to Hulk to finish the fight... i mean.. i really do like Jeph Loebs and his work(Like Batman in HUSH) but if Thor couldn't even get the rematch he  deserves after a beating  like that then why even bother putting Thor in those Red Hulk Issues..... i guess Jeph just need to by some time for the Red Hulk at the time but still with all the Die-Hard Thor fans out there. it wasn't really the most smartest thing to do at the time. Thats just my opinion 
#14 Posted by SC (11947 posts) - - Show Bio
@MellowYellowFellow:  I am not sure many would. I didn't, I am a big Thor/Hulk geek though, about a week later in I think a Wizard interview? He talked about that issue. It was kind of... well his story telling in that series was very cliche, over the top cheesy fun stuff. In the issue when Thor said he thought Hulk was usually green, I though he was making a joke, but his character was being serious. Loeb explained that Rulk would not have had a chance to beat the thunder god otherwise 0_0 *shrugs* I was surprised, I didn't think Loeb really cared but I suppose his writing doesn't mesh up with his views on characters. 

But yeah lol, definitely, risky treatment of Thor considering all the die hard fans, but then again, that works in inverse as well, lots of Thor fans = bump in sales. The first 20 issues of that series I think broke cameo appearances as well... Iron Man, She Hulk, Fury, Valkyrie, Thor, Watcher, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Strange, Ares, Namor, Sue Storm, Sentry, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, Storm.... about 20 other characters... I understand what you mean about the point. Thats just Jeph Loeb's writing. 

Oh by the way, Thor also got another chance to fight Red Hulk again in Jeff Parker's new run and yeah. it was good. ^_^
#15 Edited by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there is a very easy way to beat Thor, all you have to do is be Galactus, Eternity or any other high level cosmic entity. Yes folks it really is that simple.

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no easy way to beat Thor.

Take it from me; beating Thor is hard.  Very hard.

#17 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be too modest Powerherc.  Hercules defeated Thor convincingly.  Mjolnir was powerless.  Thor's strength had been halved.  Hercules spanked his rear.  The only other way is to goad him into not using the hammer.  It may increase your chance of not getting your head split.  Ask Hulk, Mr. Hyde and Cobra.

#18 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell on him to his dad.

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wattup said:

Tell on him to his dad.
#20 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: More like kick him in his Norn Stones :P
#21 Edited by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

How to beat Thor:

• Be born to a wealthy scientist family
  • Be sure to be born on Krypton
  • After 'the collector of worlds' captures the jewel city of your planet, he will destroy your Sun
  • Escape to Earth before your planet becomes doomed
  • Be raised on Earth by honest humble people in Kansas
  • You'll soon discover that under a yellow sun, you'll gain superpowers
  • Move to the city and work for a newspaper
  • Become a hero and build your reputation
  • Wait around for your universe to collide with another
  • Eventually you'll be put up against Thor
  • THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Become the mightiest warrior of the 11 worlds
  • After completing the above steps be sure to avoid getting beaten to death by inhabitants of the other universe

Easy as 1, 2, 3 ^^

#22 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Billy Batson (56873 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear

BB

#24 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

More like kick him in his Norn Stones :P
HA HA!
#25 Posted by ThePhoenX (118 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems pretty easy when you're called Tutinax... But a lazy writer suffice!!!

#26 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer:

No easy way. Unless you bring Pre Retcon Beyonder into the picture.

#27 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponmaster said:

Decapitation via An Adamantium sword or The Ebony Blade.

I don't think that would work either. Wolverine slashed him across the face and only made minimal paper cuts.

@PowerHerc said:

Take it from me; beating Thor is hard. Very hard.

Agreed!

#28 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Take it from me; beating Thor is hard. Very hard.

Agreed!

m99

#30 Posted by supertank111 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Nam: The Supreme Being can easily beat Thor, and in infinite ways. Nam could make Thor eat his own head if Nam wanted to.

#31 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away his hammer and he's NOTHING.

m99

#32 Posted by tootyghost (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman can take away him hammer and while Thor is defenseless Spiderman will cover him in web and beat him til he dies

#33 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

does thor have a weakness?

#34 Edited by Postacrat (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death_From_Below said:

does thor have a weakness?

Yes just relieve him of his precious Hammer if your smart and strong enough and have fun kicking him around just keep your eyes open for a fluke, and I've seen nothing that tells me other wise because his showings are just too inconsistent. One moment the Hulk is beating on him in a fist fight, the next he can go toe to toe with Hercules who's whole angle is strength without his hammer? Hulk has disarmed him and physically beat the crap out of him, Gladiator has disarmed and slapped him around too. Super Skrull was smacking him around while he was in a warriors madness state, Thor only won because of a god blast from Mljnor that basically saved his a**. What's always the excuse? He holds back..... Come on this guy is overrated and until i see him own a fight from beginning to end just one, there is nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise. That Sentry fight should not have went that way for somebody sooooo powerful with Mljnor. It's my opinion though.

#35 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away his hammer.

#36 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99
Taking away his hammer no longer works to turn him back to blake. he's not even bonded with blake. plus how are you gonna take away his hammer? unless of course you are worthy aswell in which you wil sap some of his power via the hammers enchantment. so unless you are a hella powerul and a hella good fighter on your own. plus you can get close enough to get his hammer away. plus you have to bee deemed worthy by odin. then you must deafeat him in combat.  

That stil doesn't sound that easy :P  

I think tell on him to his dad was probably the best answer in this thread.
#37 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Find a Midgard Serpent tooth (Apparently easy to find) and stab him in the back with it. Don't even have to be that strong to do it and he will be out like a light

#38 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thor's hammmer said:

@majestic99: Taking away his hammer no longer works to turn him back to blake. he's not even bonded with blake. plus how are you gonna take away his hammer? unless of course you are worthy aswell in which you wil sap some of his power via the hammers enchantment. so unless you are a hella powerul and a hella good fighter on your own. plus you can get close enough to get his hammer away. plus you have to bee deemed worthy by odin. then you must deafeat him in combat. That stil doesn't sound that easy :P I think tell on him to his dad was probably the best answer in this thread.

Assume he's going in a fight against someone he needs his hammer to beat.

m99

#39 Posted by RuneKingThor94 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

lol characters with sufficient power can't be affected be either telekinesis or telepathy, so its and easy answer... And Thor has already deflected a telekinetic bolt and nailed Rachael.

#40 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@sinestro_GL said:

How to beat Thor:

• Be born to a wealthy scientist family
  • Be sure to be born on Krypton
  • After 'the collector of worlds' captures the jewel city of your planet, he will destroy your Sun
  • Escape to Earth before your planet becomes doomed
  • Be raised on Earth by honest humble people in Kansas
  • You'll soon discover that under a yellow sun, you'll gain superpowers
  • Move to the city and work for a newspaper
  • Become a hero and build your reputation
  • Wait around for your universe to collide with another
  • Eventually you'll be put up against Thor
  • THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: Become the mightiest warrior of the 11 worlds
  • After completing the above steps be sure to avoid getting beaten to death by inhabitants of the other universe

Easy as 1, 2, 3 ^^

Cool
#41 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Use someone more powerful then him, e.g. the hulk, to beat him up

#42 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

@HudsonDoidim:I just want to say that he is mucg stronger than a normal human that's just a huge mistake. TP wouldn't work. Mageneto couldn't do much either.

#43 Edited by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: lol no about taking away the hammer.

#44 Posted by Invisible_Witch (310 posts) - - Show Bio

sex.........

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Invisible_Witch said:

sex.........

Might work.

#46 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

@majestic99: lol no about taking away the hammer.

What do you disagree with?

m99

#47 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Primmaster64: More like kick him in his Norn Stones :P

now what if his nord stones are made from uru? Lol

#48 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

learn proper spelling.

#49 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99:That he is nothing whitout the hammer

#50 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Call Rhino

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.