Does Thor have Telepathy?

#1 Posted by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

He can hear prayers? Does he read minds? How does he do it?

#2 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anything in comics that suggests he does??? To the best of my knowledge, no. So I think it's safe to say that he doesn't because it isn't seen or stated in the comics from what I've seen.

Though, I did hear he was immune to telepathy because he had a warrior's will or something like that, but Cap has that too so it's not like mind powers or anything.

#3 Edited by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

Is there anything in comics that suggests he does??? To the best of my knowledge, no. So I think it's safe to say that he doesn't because it isn't seen or stated in the comics from what I've seen.

Though, I did hear he was immune to telepathy because he had a warrior's will or something like that, but Cap has that too so it's not like mind powers or anything.

Did you read the OP? He hears and answers prayers. I'm asking how he does it? Has it been explained?

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait What ?! No he does not have telepathy nor has he ever shown to have telepathy...and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet'' that because he's a god not a telepath. If he was a telepath he would have had some defence agenst the red skull in uncanny avengers.

#5 Posted by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Wait What ?! No he does not have telepathy nor has he ever shown to have telepathy...and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet'' that because he's a god not a telepath. If he was a telepath he would have had some defence agenst the red skull in uncanny avengers.

I'm not a Thor wanker. I'm just asking a question because I was curious about that ability.

#6 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

i always thought it was a limited form of cosmic awareness

#7 Edited by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@leesensei: I never called you a wanker I just answers your question. And @DH69: I think your right about about that.

#8 Posted by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

i always thought it was a limited form of cosmic awareness

That makes sense. Cosmic Awareness. Thanks.

@z3ro180 said:

@leesensei: I never called you a wanker I just answers your question. And @DH69: I think your right about about that.

It seemed implied when you said - and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet''.

#9 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#10 Posted by wma8706 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think current Thor has other than his resistance to telepathic powers of Moondragon or Emma Frost . He does control Mjolnir and Lightning/Thunder with his mind but that's most likely magical in nature. Future Thor or King Thor with the Odin/Thor force would easily have telepathic powers. Might be magical by nature much like Dr. Strange but still telepathic. The battle between Odin vs Galactus proves it!

Mjolnir

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor does hear prayers but I believe he does so through some godly or mystic means. It's not telepathy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.