Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Does thor have super hearing/vision?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By titing2101

Kinda curious if thor can see from far away. and if he can hear from afar or can he only hear prayers to directed to him?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting question and can't say I've seen it covered in any of the topics I've perused so far. I'd think well above average being a god and all, but then Asgard does have Heimdall for that sort of thing.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think i read somewhere he can see things from afar..not sure about it but about super hearing, just read TGOT again. He did hear gods screaming from worlds away and praying to him is also one thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he can hear prayers across the universe definitely like you said. As for if he has super hearing or sight though I would say yes to a degree. Probably not on Superman's level but in the god butcher arc he is on a ship with the vikings and they are complaining that they can't see because its too foggy. Then Thor tells them to chill out because they have the eyes of a god to guide them. So his sight and hearing is better than humans I would say. There's probably some magic associated with him hearing prayers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hearing yes, not sure about vision

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this clears things up for me :) thanks!

his senses are not really used very often and that made me curious when i read he has "this and "that" kind of thing.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mjolnirson

yes he has, not at the same levels of superman but his visión is compared to the one of an eagle, and has a good sense of hearing

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, he has enhanced senses. Not to the level of someone like Superman or Hyperion but definitely superhuman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i see them as inconsistent. 1 moment he can hear things real well. The next moment he can't. It all depends on the plot and situtation. Overall his senses are inconsistently done.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Yeah, this makes more sense, especially post-2007. Things like power levels, feats and established continuity for action don't mean squat to Marvel's creative staff anymore. For about 3-4 decades, it was always character > plot but now the emphasis is reversed to plot > character.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

not really listed in his powerset

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think hearing prayers counts as Super Hearing I think that comes with his divinity. But there is a scan of him hearing a scream or something across the planet I could be wrong though.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I'm going to have to agree with you on the prayer angle, probably more like a "Thor-sense" in that he senses when prayers are made directly to him or the aspects of his power/abilities.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I'm going to have to agree with you on the prayer angle, probably more like a "Thor-sense" in that he senses when prayers are made directly to him or the aspects of his power/abilities.

Yeah but I have seen scams of him having super hearing and sight. I just have to dig though my folder to find them lol

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By antithetical

@uugieboogie: Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you, just being specific about the prayer thing not necessarily being "super hearing".

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you, just being specific about the prayer thing not necessarily being "super hearing".

Oh yeah I know I was jus stated I'm pretty sure he does have super senses.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By THORSON

i hope not, because super hearing doesn't make much sense.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does have vision as he noticed a far away moon that was shattered as a result of his and his past and future counterparts' fight with Gorr being populated.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think i read somewhere he can see things from afar..not sure about it but about super hearing, just read TGOT again. He did hear gods screaming from worlds away and praying to him is also one thing.

he can hear prayers because he is a God of course.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Asgaard
    No Caption Provided

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Well, we already had suoer vision. Might as well get yhis out of the way too right ?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Asgaard

@spiderman1997 said:

@asgaard: Well, we already had suoer vision. Might as well get yhis out of the way too right ?

Now that i think better of that Scan, probably not the irrefutable proof that you may think, because is connected with the Disir, so linked to their myths more similar with the hearing prayers argument... I will try search for a better example...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spiderman1997

@asgaard: The scan also says that all with Asgardian ears can hear it can also mean that only Asgardians exclusively can hear it no matter what the other's senses may be capable of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's safe to say his senses are superhuman, as in they are all above normal human levels. He is a god after all.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asgaard

@spiderman1997 said:

@asgaard: The scan also says that all with Asgardian ears can hear it can also mean that only Asgardians exclusively can hear it no matter what.

There was a crossover between Journey into Mystery and New Mutants with Bor that i can't remember very well, i have to read it again to acknowledge if something was changed regarding the Valkyries of Bor (Disir) when they became Hela's servants...

This are only comics and Asgard have the mystic/magic element so theories about logic will always be subjective, so the Prayers/Disir stuff is debatable, perhaps pointless argue if there is a special frequency that amplify Asgadians senses!?! Characters like Heimdall make me think that all other Asgardians also have super senses, but not on his level, just like many others aren't in Thor's/Balder's level in so many other aspects...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spiderman1997

@asgaard: Actually I've always thought that people like Thor , Heimdall, Balder and Sif are like the mutants of their race since many of them have a special ability that most other Asgardians don't posess like Sif's dimension level teleporting or Heimdall's super senses.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Actually I've always thought that people like Thor , Heimdall, Balder and Sif are like the mutants of their race since many of them have a special ability that most other Asgardians don't posess like Sif's dimension level teleporting or Heimdall's super senses.

I guess we will disagree on this one, in my perspective Asgard's power levels/capabilities are connect with heritage like Gaea, Vanir/Aesir...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Was Hemidall Aesir or Vanir in the mythology ? Heimdall and Sif are the only ones I can't explain with the heritage. For example Thor and Odin owe their far superior physical attributes in part to their respective Elder God and Giant mothers but Heimdall is either not explained or there is a detail or two that escapes me which is more likely since I haven't read mythology for months now.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997:

Heimdall and Sif are Vanir in Marvel (not much solid proof and references about his place in Norse Mythology but more references to the Aesir), being Vanir fits Heimdall powers, and what is fascinating for me about Sif is that she is Vanir, but chooses be an Aesir Warrior, obviously her personality balance is unique in Asgard at least is/was when well written like in Journey into Mystery by Kathryn Immonen...

I said it multiple times Heimdall and Gaea are characters that need to be more explored we need to know a lot more about them...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spiderman1997

@asgaard: They really do. They should at least get a mini series IMO much like Balder back in the Simonson era. And they should get Gillen or Hickman since they'rethe only ones that has ever given Thor and Asgard the dignity they deserved recently.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: They really do. They should at least get a mini series IMO much like Balder back in the Simonson era. And they should get Gillen or Hickman since they'rethe only ones that has ever given Thor and Asgard the dignity they deserved recently.

Agreed 10000000000000000%... Gillen is so underrated and knows the Thor/Asgard stuff so well, Hickman also could blow up our minds writing about Asgard...

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CurlyInsaneGuy

With all the trouble Thor tends to get into, it's apparent that he doesn't have near enough supervision.

I'll see myself out.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Gillen delve into the lore for some mystery and Hickman would delve into it to bring the biggest and baddest Ranarok ever considering all he does since he started his Avengers has been some of the most epic universe to multiverse destroying epic which I adore.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Asgaard

@spiderman1997:

Exactly... Did you knew that we read Angela AA (by Gillen) for 6 issue and never no one could ever suspected that her friend Sera was not Sera but Malekith, incredible twist that makes so much sense if you read the previous issues again... Everyone knew that Thor(dis) was Roz or Jane since issue 2, (earthling thoughts) that was the difference from who was writing a story rooted comic and who wasn't/isn't...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Spiderman1997

@asgaard: I was blown out of my couch when I learned that. Aaron instantly gave away the twist with Thordis' speech pattern.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997:

I know you believed in my above quote but here are references of Heimdall and Sif Vanir roots in marvel, from Fraction Mighty Thor...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea what issue it was, but a long time back Thor was at the top of a skyscraper and gazed over New York City in search of someone.
    Depicted him thinking that altho his vision was not quite up to that possessed by Heimdall, it was none-the-less extraordinarily acute and superior to most others.
    Bottom line, he spotted who he was looking for in short order.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.