Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Does Thor have super-combat-speed?

• 166 results
    SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Poll Does Thor have super-combat-speed? (180 votes)

Yes 54%
    No 46%

The answer is clear but I just want to see the numbers. After debating someone about this in another battle thread.

• 
    XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By XLR87T3

@green_skaar said:

@sog7dc said:

Oh wow. I can't believe Thor got any yes'

I think CV gets a little too obsessed with speed. The real question is does Thor regularly have a difficulty hitting opponents? The answer is no. INB4 Wolverine and Mongoose. Other than those two, which get named in every Thor fight, Thor has hit pretty much everyone he's ever fought (including DS Sentry who is extremely fast).

DON'T SAY THAT!! That's almost like saying that Thor can hit Captain Marvel or the infamous Superman and that they shouldn't be able to successfully speedblitze! If that ever happens then fanboys' favorite arguments would be gone because speed-induced durability wouldn't save them from being K.O.'ed/killed by Mjolnir's blows and that would cause a comic war and alter reality itself.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger:

And you're just busy lowballing Thor while others present actual facts about him?

Business as usual.....

And you forget that Thor has little to no speed feats without Mjolnir actually present and gets tagged by street levellers on a regular basis. Not to mention most of those speed feat scans were debunked by moi and the Thor throwing Mjolnir to the end of the universe one was debunked by Killemall. It's as if you'd forgotten about those times...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was thinking about this very topic only recently. We all know Thor has super-speed when flying, but has he demonstrated the sort of combat speed you get in Superman and Flash comics. Hmm, not sure on that one. Think I need to read more Thor comics!

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By dum529001

@lvenger said:

@dum529001 said:

@lvenger:

And you're just busy lowballing Thor while others present actual facts about him?

Business as usual.....

And you forget that Thor has little to no speed feats without Mjolnir actually present and gets tagged by street levellers on a regular basis. Not to mention most of those speed feat scans were debunked by moi and the Thor throwing Mjolnir to the end of the universe one was debunked by Killemall. It's as if you'd forgotten about those times...

I've shown enough scans and there's plenty more scans and evidence where that came from. Do you even read Thor comics?

And Superman and Flash gets hit all the time by people not on their level so I don't see why you're trying to act like it only happens to Thor.

You hardly ever prove anything on this subject. You just low-ball.

You just speak lies and half-truths about some characters to make the characters you like the most look better in comparison.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Fighting fast people doesn't make you fast if they don't use their speed against you. Silver Surfer, Gladiator and others are much more faster than Thor but since they don't actually use said speed in their battles Thor is able to tag them, otherwise he'd be getting stomped all the time.

QFT

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lvenger

@dum529001 said:

I've shown enough scans and there's plenty more scans and evidence where that came from. Do you even read Thor comics?

No not really. Just JMS' run, several of the original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby graphic novels reprinting their issues, the current God of Thunder run and have followed past runs from Thor's history on the Internet. Nope, I definitely don't read comics about my 5th favourite superhero.

@dum529001 said:

And Superman and Flash gets hit all the time by people not on their level so I don't see why you're trying to act like it only happens to Thor.

Those are usually requirements of the plot for them to be hit by much slower foes than them. In a battle on here, plot or writer involvement doensn't come into play so we can take an average from how characters speed's have been portrayed.

@dum529001 said:

You hardly ever prove anything on this subject. You just low-ball.

You just speak lies and half-truths about some characters to make the characters you like the most look better in comparison.

So consistently showing that Thor has slow combat speed in comparison to powerhouses like Superman and Wonder Woman is lowballing and speaking half truths? Sure if you say so. I mean it's not like I apply pseudo scientific laws onto fictional comic book feats and spam classic inconsistent feats for Thor's speed that don't pad out with his current agenda of being shown up by street levellers in the speed department then accuse anyone who points out those flaws as lowballers and liars. Oh wait that's you I'm speaking of.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: i don't give a crap about Thors speed, there's no one in this battle who has enough speed to do much damage in that respect. The point is that he has a weapon capable of harming Galactus and the Phoenix. Superstores in this arena is irrelevant because he could take blows from someone running 1000mph, then use Mjolnir to essentially lighting strike the hell outta them, since no ones faster than lightning (here). Among draining power etc.

It also astonishes me that people say that Surfer should annihilate Thor with his speed, as they typically stalemate. Then Surfer gets bested by Thanos without super speed and its somehow different because of Thanos' prep feats...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: I didn't say it would be easy but certainly a host of characters are capable of doing it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: I didn't say it would be easy but certainly a host of characters are capable of doing it.

I meant harder for Thor because he really doesn't fly on his own.

Anyway, I think this thread is going nowhere. Its people either lowballing Thor or saying he's faster than he really is. Is he faster than Wolverine? Yes. Is he faster than Superman. No.

/thread

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Nah, I'm definitely of the opinion that Surfer is nowhere near "high-end" in regard to combat speed. He's just not portrayed as such nearly often enough.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By XiiX

@norrinboltagonprime21: I'm genuinely curious, what has Thor done that Wolverine couldn't replicate or exceed? (Insofar as combat-speed)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: But he has admitted himself he is slower than wolverine. How can you ignore something Thor said about his speed??

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By XiiX

@sog7dc: Also, while proceeding to level a charging Thor with his staff, Mikaboshi's henchman remarked that he and gods of his ilk were "slow as clouds".

And it's worth noting that said henchman doesn't have any high-end combat speed feats of his own.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: he has nanosecond reaction time

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By XiiX

@supermanwithatan01: Wasn't that portrayed once a matter of many years ago? Basically flying in the face of consistency?

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LimboBot

no.

thor having super combat speed does not compute with his track record.

processing.....

thor has been tagged and easily splitzed by the likes of The Wolverine, AKA Logan.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: no he supposedly can stop time and move anywhere instantly if he wishes.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's lost his ability to travel through time

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@supermanwithatan01 said:

He's lost his ability to travel through time

I thought I was answering another thread, I was referring to Surfer not Thor my bad. I voted No, he has impressive reaction feats but everyone he fights with superspeed is burdened by PIS

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Fighting fast people doesn't make you fast if they don't use their speed against you. Silver Surfer, Gladiator and others are much more faster than Thor but since they don't actually use said speed in their battles Thor is able to tag them, otherwise he'd be getting stomped all the time.

QFT

haha see! @dondave

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@dondave said:

QFT

haha see! @dondave

Glad we agree

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sog7dc:

The same we ignore Superman saying he couldn't catch those bullets.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dum529001

@sog7dc:

Thor making a statement about how fast he and Wolverine were going at that very moment doesn't prove that Wolverine is faster than him. Thor wasn't even trying to fight back at first. He just stood there confused about what happened to Wolverine(Wolverine was under some kind of magical mental influence) and made sure Wolverine didn't get in to close and score a fatal blow with his adamantium claws.

Later in the fight you mentioned, Thor proceeds to put down Wolverine with ease once he decides to stop holding back.

Wanna make any other attempts to low=ball Thor?

Superman gets beat up by Toyman, Lex Luthor, Luthor's hencheman and handful of other lame DC villiians. Even Superman's Justice League teammates have this sort of thing happen to them.

Superman's even failed to catch bullets!

Going by you're own nonsensical logic, Superman is slow and weak. Maybe the weakest superhero in history!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: Wow. Ok. Here we go

1. First off you read the part where he clearly states he is faster than a speeding bullet right? Ok cool

2. It is a WELL known fact that superman does not surpass the speed of sound around people to avoid hurting them.

3. Just to prove his speed he traveled "a million miles away" in a matter of moments in the very book From which you got that scan.

4. Considering the bullets, of which there are many, are all going at least 672 mph and the speed f sound is around 761.2 mph superman would need to go well beyond that speedlimit tostop all those bullets.

5. Superman has consistent feats proving he is indeed faster than any bullet to prove the contrary to what you assert from that scan so it is still a moot point. However Thor does not have feats to prove that hen he said wolverine is faster it was false. In fact it falls directly in line with what cap and spider have said. Sooooo....yea

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: ....wow. So much folly in jut one post.

1. Your first point is the silliest of them all. You propose to me that Thor was intentionally going slow just so he could remark that wolverine was going faster than he was at that particular moment even though he was capable of outclassing wolverine? Because Thor is so humble and meek right? For goodness sake he thought to himself "odins beard! He's faster than I--" why would he think that to himself if he was in fact the faster combatant? Not to mention wolverine being faster than the falls in line with captain America complaining about Thors speed and Thor being speed blitZed by other street level charactersz

2. Thor one shorted wolverine. Brava. You have enlightened me that Thor is stronger than wolverine. Something I have never and will never refute. Bit Thor. Is slower than wolverine. Thor admitted it.

3.show me scans of superman being "beat up" by toyman. Show me scans of superman being "beat up" by lex

Luthor with out some sort of prep and kryptonite based advantage. Show me scans of superman being "beat up" henchmen lol if you can find one scan f henchmen beating up superman(without Knite or magic or something) and I will have a comic of your choice mailed to you. I explained the bullet nonsense in my last post.

4. Nonsensical logic? So lemme get this straight. A character that has for years displayed slow combat skills, had street level characters complain about his slowness and blitz him (cap, spidey, mongoose) and then even admits to himself that wolverine is faster than him and I am nonsensical for believing that he is slow? Please enlighten me on how I am nonsensical.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By dum529001
    @sog7dc said:

1. First off you read the part where he clearly states he is faster than a speeding bullet right? Ok cool

2. It is a WELL known fact that superman does not surpass the speed of sound around people to avoid hurting them.

3. Just to prove his speed he traveled "a million miles away" in a matter of moments in the very book From which you got that scan.

4. Considering the bullets, of which there are many, are all going at least 672 mph and the speed f sound is around 761.2 mph superman would need to go well beyond that speedlimit tostop all those bullets.

5. Superman has consistent feats proving he is indeed faster than any bullet to prove the contrary to what you assert from that scan so it is still a moot point. However Thor does not have feats to prove that hen he said wolverine is faster it was false. In fact it falls directly in line with what cap and spider have said. Sooooo....yea

Wrong again. Captain America and Spider-man said what about Thor?

Do you mind showing us or are you scared you'll be revealed as a liar once someone proves you wrong, showing how you took things out of context once again?

All of what you say is nothing special. You're just low-balling.

I can low-ball Superman by presenting something in a way that suggests Superman is no more powerful than 2 year old girl if wanted to, just by taking things out of context.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By dum529001

@sog7dc said:

1. Your first point is the silliest of them all. You propose to me that Thor was intentionally going slow just so he could remark that wolverine was going faster than he was at that particular moment even though he was capable of outclassing wolverine? Because Thor is so humble and meek right? For goodness sake he thought to himself "odins beard! He's faster than I--" why would he think that to himself if he was in fact the faster combatant? Not to mention wolverine being faster than the falls in line with captain America complaining about Thors speed and Thor being speed blitZed by other street level charactersz

2. Thor one shorted wolverine. Brava. You have enlightened me that Thor is stronger than wolverine. Something I have never and will never refute. Bit Thor. Is slower than wolverine. Thor admitted it.

3.show me scans of superman being "beat up" by toyman. Show me scans of superman being "beat up" by lex

Luthor with out some sort of prep and kryptonite based advantage. Show me scans of superman being "beat up" henchmen lol if you can find one scan f henchmen beating up superman(without Knite or magic or something) and I will have a comic of your choice mailed to you. I explained the bullet nonsense in my last post.

4. Nonsensical logic? So lemme get this straight. A character that has for years displayed slow combat skills, had street level characters complain about his slowness and blitz him (cap, spidey, mongoose) and then even admits to himself that wolverine is faster than him and I am nonsensical for believing that he is slow? Please enlighten me on how I am nonsensical.

Getting hit is not purely about speed. You can easily read ahead and move the moment right before the projectile is trained on it target and fires, which allows someone to dodge and connect blows without pure speed.

And yes, many times Thor holds back and just let himself get hit when faced against the low-level superhumans. He's even said so himself.

You think Thor tries to kill low-level supehumans by going full force all the time?

Superheroes on his power-level hold back frequently unless against truly high class foes.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Wrong again. Captain America and Spider-man said what about Thor?

Do you mind showing us or are you scared you'll be revealed as a liar once someone proves you wrong, showing how you took things out of context once again?

All of what you say is nothing special. You're just low-balling.

I can low-ball Superman by presenting something in a way that suggests Superman is no more powerful than 2 year old girl if wanted to, just by taking things out of context.

my account will not let me upload images and it hasn't been for about a week now. but I am exceeding happy to post the links to various images proving what I have claimed to be factual and honest.

Cap proves he is faster than thor and then remarks/complains about thors slow combat speed:

scan 1: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146101/2892522-2566400_thor_447_10.jpg

scan2: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117308/2788571-comics_thor_lack_of_speed.jpg

Here thor admits to himself that he is in fact slower than wolverine:

scan:http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/1630793-thor_vs_wolverine_2.jpg

Here thor admits to himself he is in fact slower than spiderman:

scan:http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2775810-2053972_thorvsspiderman.jpg

so. you were saying what about me lieing?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Getting hit is not purely about speed. You can easily read ahead and move the moment right before the projectile is trained on it target and fires, which allows someone to dodge and connect blows without pure speed.

And yes, many times Thor holds back and just let himself get hit when faced against the low-level superhumans. He's even said so himself.

You think Thor tries to kill low-level supehumans by going full force all the time?

Superheroes on his power-level hold back frequently unless against truly high class foes.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/893/sm21013tk0.jpg

if you follow that link you will see superman dodge batmans punch. because he is faster than batmn. he does so whilst still managing not to kill batman. so my question to you is this: if thor is fster than wolverine why did he not simply do what superman did in the scan I provided you with a link to? if he is faster than wolverine why did he not just dodge every one of logans strikes? why? is thor into s&m?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By dum529001

@sog7dc:

Thanks for showings those scans.

I've been talking about those scans this whole time so showing them merely confirms what I've been saying this whole time.

I already explained the instances with Wolverine and Spider-man.

The one with Captain America is obviously just PIS (Plot induced Stupidity) since Thor has deflected and dodged energy beams with ridiculous ease many times.

So, yeah. You've still proven yourself to be ignorant or a blatant liar regarding this subject.

These are the scans you gave for your so called "proof":

Cap:

scan 1: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146101/2892522-2566400_thor_447_10.jpg

scan2: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117308/2788571-comics_thor_lack_of_speed.jpg

Wolverine:

scan:http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/1630793-thor_vs_wolverine_2.jpg

Spider-man:

scan:http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2775810-2053972_thorvsspiderman.jpg

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SOG7dc

@sog7dc:

Thanks for showings those scans.

I've been talking about those scans this whole time so showing them merely confirms what I've been saying this whole time.

I already explained the instances with Wolverine and Spider-man.

The one with Captain America is obviously just PIS (Plot induced Stupidity) since Thor has deflected and dodged energy beams with ridiculous ease many times.

So, yeah. You've still proven yourself to be ignorant or a blatant liar regarding this subject.

1. youre welcome

2. please. enlighten me as to how thor being slow proves he is fast. explain it to me like im a 2 year old

3. when? I must have missed them. you'll excuse my faux pas wont you?

4. obviously PIS? so the one you have 0 response to is PIS even though it falls in line with thors consistent showings of slow combat speed? I don't think I understand...

5. how did I lie? how am I ignorant?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By dum529001

@sog7dc:

And i can name another instance where Superman doesn't dodge a punch being thrown by a normal person or low-level Superhuman.

And you can't equal Batman to Wolverine. Wolverine has adamantium claws that can actually do damage to Thor so Thor can't be casual about taking hits from Wolverine yet he still doesn't try to kill Wolverine since Wolverine isn't an enemy.

Thor can dodge Wolverine but he won't do it merely for Wolverine sake since Wolverine has adamamtium claws and skeleton. Superman dodged Batamn's punch because he didn't want to hurt Batman. That line of thought does not apply in Thor's encounter with Wolverine.

Once again, you're argument proves nothing regarding Thor's speed.

You continuously low-ball by taking things out of context and try to act like what you say is a valid argument.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

And i can name another instance where Superman doesn't dodge a punch being thrown by a normal person or low-level Superhuman.

And you can't equal Batman to Wolverine. Wolverine has adamantium claws that can actually do damage to Thor so Thor can't be casual about taking hits from Wolverine yet he still doesn't try to kill Wolverine since Wolverine isn't an enemy.

Thor can dodge Wolverine but he won't do it merely for Wolverine sake since Wolverine has adamamtium claws and skeleton. Superman dodged Batamn's punch because he didn't want to hurt Batman. That line of thought does not apply in Thor's encounter with Wolverine.

Once again, you're argument proves nothing regarding Thor's speed.

You continuously low-ball by taking things out of context and try to act like what you say is a valid argument.

1. you could but superman has dozens of feats that prove that he has super speed in both travel and combat. thor does not. so again. thor is slow.

2. youre not making sense. you stating that adamantium can actually do damage to thor is even more of a reason for him to dodge wolverines blows. so why didn't he?

3. Wha??? thor wont dodge wolverine for wolverines sake because wolverine has adamantium? that doesn't make sense. yes superman dodged batman because he didn't want batman to hurt himself. but thor has even more of a reason to dodge wolverine because thor can be the one that ends up being hurt.

4. no. my arguments have been backed up by on panel proof. your argument is unsubstantiated nonsense. the facts are that I have proof that backs up what I say. and you either do not have anything to back up your claims or you just don't want to share your proof.

5. its not lowballing if its consistent. everything ive said has been valid. and backed up by the writers and artists. so I dare you. prove me wrong with scans and I will retract my statements AND I will have a comic of your choice mailed to your home

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

No need to get defensive. Check out panels 6 and 8, Superman is super-close (heh) to the bullets. So how far he traveled to get there is irrelevant once he has reached the location and the bullets and hostages are a certain distance away, in this case fairly close.

As for the whole semantics thing, yes Superman did say he was faster than a bullet. Notice though that he didn't say bullets. If his reaction speed was in the nanosecond range then he should've reacted fast enough to catch those bullets. Considering how close he was (less distance means less movement speed is necessary) I doubt that the negative effects of moving faster than the bullets would've outweighed the negative effects of getting shot.

"Oh man, I'd totally save those people but the sonic boom might hurt their ears."

In a choice between deaf and death there is only one rational answer.

Light moves 11.78 inches in a nanosecond, if Superman actually possessed nanosecond reactions then he would have had an amazing amount of time to think about how to stop the bullets seeing as how they would move at a mere 0.0000118272 inches in a nanosecond. With that much time he could've done anything to stop those bullets. Moved just fast enough to intercept them (sonic booms aren't deadly), incinerated them with heat vision or even blown them off course with super-breath.

As for consistency:

No Caption Provided

If Superman had nanosecond reaction time then he would've seen Metallo draw the gun, aim it and fire it in hyper-slow motion. The bullet may have been Kryptonite but Metallo was some ways away and the amount was miniscule.

No Caption Provided

Sorry that the scan is sideways. Tilt your head or monitor and have a gander. Here we have Superman being surprised by some gas, even going so far as to think "Wha--?!", let me remind you that light moves 11.78 inches in one nanosecond (not one meter as I've mistakenly said in the past) how then could Superman be taken aback by a simple gas attack if he could perceive freakin' light in such a way?

The scans I've seen of Superman having nanosecond reaction speed are highly questionable. What likely happened is that people found those scans, divorced them from context and interpreted them in a wildly incoherent way. There are all sorts of battle forum claims that are not fully substantiated, Superman having nanosecond reaction time is one such claim.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

No need to get defensive. Check out panels 6 and 8, Superman is super-close (heh) to the bullets. So how far he traveled to get there is irrelevant once he has reached the location and the bullets and hostages are a certain distance away, in this case fairly close.

As for the whole semantics thing, yes Superman did say he was faster than a bullet. Notice though that he didn't say bullets. If his reaction speed was in the nanosecond range then he should've reacted fast enough to catch those bullets. Considering how close he was (less distance means less movement speed is necessary) I doubt that the negative effects of moving faster than the bullets would've outweighed the negative effects of getting shot.

"Oh man, I'd totally save those people but the sonic boom might hurt their ears."

In a choice between deaf and death there is only one rational answer.

Light moves 11.78 inches in a nanosecond, if Superman actually possessed nanosecond reactions then he would have had an amazing amount of time to think about how to stop the bullets seeing as how they would move at a mere 0.0000118272 inches in a nanosecond. With that much time he could've done anything to stop those bullets. Moved just fast enough to intercept them (sonic booms aren't deadly), incinerated them with heat vision or even blown them off course with super-breath.

As for consistency:

No Caption Provided

If Superman had nanosecond reaction time then he would've seen Metallo draw the gun, aim it and fire it in hyper-slow motion. The bullet may have been Kryptonite but Metallo was some ways away and the amount was miniscule.

No Caption Provided

Sorry that the scan is sideways. Tilt your head or monitor and have a gander. Here we have Superman being surprised by some gas, even going so far as to think "Wha--?!", let me remind you that light moves 11.78 inches in one nanosecond (not one meter as I've mistakenly said in the past) how then could Superman be taken aback by a simple gas attack if he could perceive freakin' light in such a way?

The scans I've seen of Superman having nanosecond reaction speed are highly questionable. What likely happened is that people found those scans, divorced them from context and interpreted them in a wildly incoherent way. There are all sorts of battle forum claims that are not fully substantiated, Superman having nanosecond reaction time is one such claim.

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/but-seriously-what-is-superman-s-combat-reaction-s-1493315/

I thought about posting there earlier but bane had already made my point

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

@sog7dc:

These were two examples of Superman's alleged nanosecond reaction time.

No Caption Provided

This one is sometimes brought up as a Superman reaction feat because it features the word nanosecond and Superman on the same page. Superman claims that he can count nanoseconds (character statements are suspect) and is then promptly blasted by Felix Faust, who broadcasted exactly what sort of attack he's going to use to an unmoving Superman who was then hit with it... Connect the dots people. I'll admit that I don't know why Superman has a purple aura here, if it's detrimental or helpful in some way though why is it brought up as a feat for regular Supes?

No Caption Provided

This is another character statement and those are again of questionable veracity. It might help to get scans of the following panels/pages in order to get more context.

Edit: I forgot a scan.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is one is by far the most convincing. Sadly it's more than 10 years old and we all know what that means.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
    deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: What exactly are you trying to show with these scans, your last scan of him trying to commit suicide by separating himself from his hammer for more than a minute, Odin sent his hammer back, dodging or deflecting energy blasts is a street level thing.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm a Thor fan , He is the God of Thunder , son of Odin, and son of Gaea/Mother Earth and Elder God. Of course Thor has super combat speed! I wish people would quit trying to bash a great character. I'm looking around and see the usual suspects again!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
    deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

I didn't know Odin had sent his hammer back.

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm a Thor fan , He is the God of Thunder , son of Odin, and son of Gaea/Mother Earth and Elder God. Of course Thor has super combat speed! I wish people would quit trying to bash a great character. I'm looking around and see the usual suspects again!

Agreed

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Thor fan. I don't think he has good combat speed at all. As usual, you mistake pointing out the obvious disadvantage Thor has in the speed department for bashing a great character. Stop letting your fanboyism get in the way and look at the proof for Thor being a slow combatant. It's as clear as the sun in the sky and you ignoring it is proof of your blighted ignorance and not proving your points as per usual.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#97  Edited By Spideysense44

i would say yes most likely so

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By evilvegeta74

@lvenger said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm a Thor fan. I don't think he has good combat speed at all. As usual, you mistake pointing out the obvious disadvantage Thor has in the speed department for bashing a great character. Stop letting your fanboyism get in the way and look at the proof for Thor being a slow combatant. It's as clear as the sun in the sky and you ignoring it is proof of your blighted ignorance and not proving your points as per usual.

Again here you are a usual suspect. I find it funny that you claim to be a Thor fan , yet you are on the opposite spectrum most in most post concearning the character . Actually to put things into perspective, your Superman fanboyism is constantly thrown into the mix when it comes to post about Thor. Oh here's a fruitful though for your tree, don't choke on it.Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at extreme speeds. Thor can fly to the sun in a matter of minutes. Thor was even able to strike down a moving Quicksilver and has claimed to have fought foes faster than him.[82] He can throw Mjolnir at the speed of light[83][84] and also swing Mjolnir at twice the speed of light with his powers reduced in half.[80] It has been established that the speed of Thor's hammer transcends both Time & Space.[85] In addition, Thor can appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds.[86][87] Thor could visually detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happened when Thor was the target of artillery fire[66] and when he saw the speedy Hermes[88]). Hela once stated that Thor is as fast as the lightning he commands. Thor can twirl his cape so fast that he creates a tornado. Lay your misguided beliefs to rest, read em and weap. If you need a scan where some of this happen ed , let me know. Also just to seal the deal, I'm gonna add a little more than this wiki info to devalue your post. Quit being naïve and Face the facts about Thor. That being said " For Odin for, For Asgard" mortal!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Would that all such dilemmas were solvable by quoting the wiki.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

And all y'all should stop calling each other fanboys.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.