Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Does Thor currently have the Odin Force?

pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pepperr

Hi Fellas,
    I wanted to ask this quick question and was unable to find any threads or posts via search option.
    I finished Dark reign and Siege and wanted to know if he had it that entire time.
    TIA

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

no he put what he had left  after returning from ragnarok in his hammer after it was damaged in his fight with bor  
    pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pepperr

Ah, I read that. But he does currently "have it", regardless of form, yes?
    Thanks for clarifying it though. But I'm curious now, is it the full force? or partial? because I would have imagined he would be much more powerful. I have not read old avengers extensively, but I do have it. Nor have I read old Thor, though I do have that too. Simply not enough time for great literature =]

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pepperr said:
    " Ah, I read that. But he does currently "have it", regardless of form, yes? Thanks for clarifying it though. But I'm curious now, is it the full force? or partial? because I would have imagined he would be much more powerful. I have not read old avengers extensively, but I do have it. Nor have I read old Thor, though I do have that too. Simply not enough time for great literature =] "
    the guy just said no, he doesn't.  He does not have it.
    why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By why so serious

nope

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Assman
    @pepperr said:
    "Ah, I read that. But he does currently "have it", regardless of form, yes? Thanks for clarifying it though. But I'm curious now, is it the full force? or partial? because I would have imagined he would be much more powerful. I have not read old avengers extensively, but I do have it. Nor have I read old Thor, though I do have that too. Simply not enough time for great literature =] "

No he doesn't have it.  I'm assuming it will return with the return of Odin.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Assman said:
    "No he doesn't have it.  I'm assuming it will return with the return of Odin. "
    .... Because Odin is... returning?
    Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
    @AtPhantom: Nope, he's staying with Surtur.
    pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pepperr

Say hypothetically Odin does return, would that fragment Thor's hammer again? or is it just "his soul" that is in the hammer?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He only had a little of it left and that remainder was used to fix his hammer, not stored in it or anything.

pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pepperr

Thanks all. So he's back to his original power level. Anyone have speculations as to what's gonna happen with the Odin Force? Gone forever one might say?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom

Nothing is ever gone forever in comics.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordraiden

Odin will return, I believe. He's died numerous times. Seems like Marvel is returning things to a more or less statusquo, with removing the OF from Thor and returning him more to a classic level, the original Avengers returning.  With Thor joining the Avengers and moving more into the regular Marvel MU, Asgard will needs a ruler, it's true ruler outside of Thor if Odin's gone.  The OF, as stated previously, will more than likely return with the resurrection of Odin, and obviously, the OF with him.  I don't believe the OF can be forever gon, as an Odin sleep replenishes it.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
    @lordraiden: Asgard already has a ruler. Granted he's been doing a lousy job, but he's a legitimate ruler nonetheless.
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordraiden
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @lordraiden: Asgard already has a ruler. Granted he's been doing a lousy job, but he's a legitimate ruler nonetheless. "

alot of that was due to the machenations of Loki, which proves that he is actually not the rightfull ruler, only a makeshift one.  I don't believe anyone believes that Balder, as much as I like him, will remain the king of Asgard permanently.  He doesn't even have access to the OF!
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
    @lordraiden said:
    " alot of that was due to the machenations of Loki, which proves that he is actually not the rightfull ruler, only a makeshift one.  I don't believe anyone believes that Balder, as much as I like him, will remain the king of Asgard permanently.  He doesn't even have access to the OF! "
    It doesn't matter about Loki. What's done was done, and Balder has a legitimate claim to the throne being Odin's son. I mean, I agree they'll bring back Odin eventually, but just because Asgard needs a ruler is not a valid reason.
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordraiden
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @lordraiden said:
    " alot of that was due to the machenations of Loki, which proves that he is actually not the rightfull ruler, only a makeshift one.  I don't believe anyone believes that Balder, as much as I like him, will remain the king of Asgard permanently.  He doesn't even have access to the OF! "
    It doesn't matter about Loki. What's done was done, and Balder has a legitimate claim to the throne being Odin's son. I mean, I agree they'll bring back Odin eventually, but just because Asgard needs a ruler is not a valid reason. "

Well, considering the whole exile thing was set up by Loki, to specifically set up Bolder as ruler, when it's found out that Thor did not outright intentionally kill Bor, it was Loki's doing, put's the whole exile thing out of the equation.  But, since Thor is playing a more heavier role in the MU and rejoining it with the likes of the Avengers and such, I can see Balder staying as ruler till Odin returns. As to the legitimacy of what Loki said, Thor would still be first in line above Balder, it was the exile that Loki set up that put Balder on the throne, and like I said, when you reveal Loki's sham in Bor's death at Thor's hand, it breaks down removes the whole exile thing, I think. So, it'll be a matter of Thor leaving Balder whe he is on the Throne of Asgard, while he goe's back to his 'superheroe' status, for want of a better word, till the return of Odin at some point.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
    @lordraiden said:
    " Well, considering the whole exile thing was set up by Loki, to specifically set up Bolder as ruler, when it's found out that Thor did not outright intentionally kill Bor, it was Loki's doing, put's the whole exile thing out of the equation.  But, since Thor is playing a more heavier role in the MU and rejoining it with the likes of the Avengers and such, I can see Balder staying as ruler till Odin returns. As to the legitimacy of what Loki said, Thor would still be first in line above Balder, it was the exile that Loki set up that put Balder on the throne, and like I said, when you reveal Loki's sham in Bor's death at Thor's hand, it breaks down removes the whole exile thing, I think. So, it'll be a matter of Thor leaving Balder whe he is on the Throne of Asgard, while he goe's back to his 'superheroe' status, for want of a better word, till the return of Odin at some point. "
    They knew all along that Thor didn't kill Bor intentionally. They all saw him devastated and freaked out when Loki actually told him what he did. It didn't change the fact that he did do it, and no revelation about Loki's part in it (which they DIDN'T get anyway) is going to make any difference on it.
    Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pepperr: the odin force is all powerful only limited to ones mind

Thor used the power along with dr strange to mend mjolnir and further attach it to his soul but with odins return I would say it is with him. Another thing is people think it can be used up , this is false the odinforce it is infinte but the user must rest by taking the odinsleep/thorsleep to replenish or reconnect to it fully.

In the spiral story line thor had not taken his thorsleep for a very long time but once he did he was restored, thor also takes the thorsleep once he restores all the remaining asgardians from human from to there godly forms(aside from Sif ).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.