Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Did thor have to fix mjolnir?

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By odinforce
    The odinforce is a much greater power. If i were him i would've kept it and forgotten all about mjolnir. Or travel time to stop the breaking of the hammer of the first place. And hasn't thor fixed mjolnir before? (or was it so badly damaged that the only way to fix it was the odinforce?) Even if it was beyond normal thor's capabilities to fix, the odinforce would still have been a greater power. He could've made a new hammer like what odin did for beta ray bill. Or maybe the writers just took away odinforce to make thor on a more "down to earth" and "back to normal" level so they could write more.

Or am i missing something? Thoughts?
    LstPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By LstPaladin

I thought he had to fix mjolnir so he could save Sif.  I may not remember this right, lol
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

I'm pretty sure it was done to power him down.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz
    Mjolnir broke when Thor defeated Bor (the skyfather who ruled Asgard before Odin). THe fight was initiated by Loki who tricked the two into fighting.
    Afterwards the hammer was very badly damaged. Thor was able to transform back into Donald Blake but afterwards when he transformed back into Thor he was knocked out for 20 minutes.
    Thor needed his hammer in order to save Sif from the human body that she was trapped in and continue to save the other Asgardian Gods from being entrapped. 

Thor had powers equal to Odin so he could have possible made another hammer but perhaps he did not know how.
    And I do believe that the authors wanted to bring Thor down to his classic levels in order to continue to make him interesting (matter of opinion).
    Also I believe that they always intended to bring back Odin so it would have been too confusing if he were to return and Thor still had the Odin Force and who would rule Asgard and bla bla bla.

Either way...hes still an awesome character.
    odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinforce
    @LstPaladin@iLLituracy@Kallarkz:  ok yeah thats what i was thinking. thanks
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Kallarkz said:
    Mjolnir broke when Thor defeated Bor (the skyfather who ruled Asgard before Odin). THe fight was initiated by Loki who tricked the two into fighting.
    Afterwards the hammer was very badly damaged. Thor was able to transform back into Donald Blake but afterwards when he transformed back into Thor he was knocked out for 20 minutes.
    Thor needed his hammer in order to save Sif from the human body that she was trapped in and continue to save the other Asgardian Gods from being entrapped. 

Thor had powers equal to Odin so he could have possible made another hammer but perhaps he did not know how.
    And I do believe that the authors wanted to bring Thor down to his classic levels in order to continue to make him interesting (matter of opinion).
    Also I believe that they always intended to bring back Odin so it would have been too confusing if he were to return and Thor still had the Odin Force and who would rule Asgard and bla bla bla.

This^ Well said.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By karrob
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    @Kallarkz said:

This^ Well said.
    Agreed!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.