Did Moondragon Rape Thor?

#1 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I was transversing Wikipedia, and came upon something interesting. On Moondragon's profile, it says that she physically raped Thor. Is this true? Is the Thunder God a rape victim?
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Moondragon gay?

#3 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about this account, but Moondragon has shown interest in men before women, namely Quasar who she pursued heavily.

#4 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you did collect this info from Wikipedia...right? 
Their not the best source...

#5 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89 said:
" I was transversing Wikipedia, and came upon something interesting. On Moondragon's profile, it says that she physically raped Thor. Is this true? Is the Thunder God a rape victim? "
she used her mind powers to seduce thor so i guess she did....
#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was more mental control than rape. Though I can't be sure.

#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I think using telepathy constitutes as rape.

#8 Posted by Urban_Spaceman (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahahaha that's hilarious XP

#9 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! so mindrape then physical rape. Brings Thor into a whole new light.
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

XD

#11 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

There was some reference in Avengers Infinites where Thor was visibly pissed at Moondragon over being mentally controled by her... I had never heard about it outside that.
#12 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she not gay?

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Urban_Spaceman said:
"Ahahaha that's hilarious XP "
Some one being raped, real or not real, is not funny dude. "
actually, I think it's funny that companies rape their characters in attempts to draw in an audience, Ennis makes fun of that in The Boys
#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Is she not gay? "
@iLLituracy said:
" I'm not sure about this account, but Moondragon has shown interest in men before women, namely Quasar who she pursued heavily. "
She wasn't always homosexual.
#15 Posted by Gran Bossman (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that any act which includes an unwilling activity is a form of rape anything you do without choice or by force can be consider rape. 

The difference is that there are other terms that apply to the precise situation. But is still a form of rape when you think about it. It does not need to be the unwillingly intercourse situation to be rape. Is just that when the word is used it refers mostly to this situation.

In other words: We are ALL been raped daily when we pay taxes.. Yes! You reading this right now, you are a rape victim :P 

BTW Thor isn't the first

Yes, it did happen you lucky bast--- I mean, you poor victim....
#16 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know what issues this supposed rape transpires in?

#17 Posted by deadpoolfan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard it's true. Someone should tell Sif 

Raises his hand.

Not it.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
i think shes bi
#19 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear not mortals of Midgard! For I have brought Scans! Proving the mental seducing of the Thunderer! :P 

#20 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primarch:
So it wasn't rape so much as she made him forget he was married
#21 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

not technically rape if he liked it * checking the scans * yep, Thor was into it verily.

#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

So she might have his kid?

#23 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gran Bossman said:
" I heard that any act which includes an unwilling activity is a form of rape anything you do without choice or by force can be consider rape. 

The difference is that there are other terms that apply to the precise situation. But is still a form of rape when you think about it. It does not need to be the unwillingly intercourse situation to be rape. Is just that when the word is used it refers mostly to this situation.

In other words: We are ALL been raped daily when we pay taxes.. Yes! You reading this right now, you are a rape victim :P 

BTW Thor isn't the first

Yes, it did happen you lucky bast--- I mean, you poor victim....
"
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditto

#25 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gran Bossman wrote: 

BTW Thor isn't the first

well, no offense meant, but since that Moondragon/Thor issue came out long before
that Tarantula/Nightwing thing, as well as when Thor was raped by Lorelei, how does 
that make it secondary to it?

#26 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Gran Bossman wrote: 

BTW Thor isn't the first

well, no offense meant, but since that Moondragon/Thor issue came out long before that Tarantula/Nightwing thing, as well as when Thor was raped by Lorelei, how does  that make it secondary to it?   "
You do prove a point.
#27 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say yes.  Using drugs or taking someone by force is rape, so why would'nt using mind-control be considered rape?  Flip the script:  If a male character used mind-control to get a female character to have sex with him would that be okay?  No.  Would it constitute rape?  Yes.  So to be fair and treat the genders with equality, this is rape.  One poster stated that since Thor liked it, it's not rape.  Liking it isn't the point.  Were both able to consent and did both participants consent to having sex of his/her free will?  If so then it's not rape.  If no then it is rape.  Weird to think of Thor, God of Thunder and one of the most powerful superheroes ever, as a rape victim.  At least it was by a female.
#28 Posted by ceniza (94 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd almost seem Thor has managed to get girls to rape him quite a number of times. One might wonder if this isn't indeed an M.O... those asgardians sure are idiosyncratic fellas.

#29 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question. How come when a woman gets raped its a crime but when it happens to a man its not ? Correct me if i'm wrong but rape is a crime no matter who the person is.

#30 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@castleking said:

@biggkeem89 said:
" I was transversing Wikipedia, and came upon something interesting. On Moondragon's profile, it says that she physically raped Thor. Is this true? Is the Thunder God a rape victim? "
she used her mind powers to seduce thor so i guess she did....
#31 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt the word " rape " no longer allowed to be used on this website?

#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

I have a question. How come when a woman gets raped its a crime but when it happens to a man its not ? Correct me if i'm wrong but rape is a crime no matter who the person is.

...I don't even understand how you can question it.

#33 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I've heard it all now!

#34 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

It's just harder to prove that a man got raped.

#35 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of day, Thor knocked her boots and she got him a drink at the end. Even while under the influence, Thor is a G.

#36 Posted by warlord1234 (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.

#37 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

WHo is that who 'rapes' Nightwing AND WHEN?>

#38 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984: the second female Tarantula, right after he lets her kill a villian he kind of goes catatonic and she has her merry little way with his Night-shaft.

#39 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise WHOA! I'd of said Night-stick but anyways...really! I must of missed it; yucko!

#40 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!!!

OH MAN! The title alone made my day.

Doggone philandering Thunder God...

heh.

#41 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Thor, who people think is a massive badass, got raped by a woman with few physical powers.

Hulk would own him.

#42 Posted by Crazy_Wilhelm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Thor, who people think is a massive badass, got raped by a woman with few physical powers.

Hulk would own him.

You realize Hulk's been raped before too, right? Raped so hard he turned back into Banner, no less.

#43 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazy_wilhelm: you mean the bondage scene? Look he's even moaning sentrys name

#44 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Pretty much. She was his *ahem* sex slave for some time.

What a revoltin' development!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.