Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Damnit Aaron....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

19 issues and he is in the zone. Bravo man. I can't believe I bought the first issue of this run as a joke. Jason Aaron's Thor has been easily the best superhero ongoing I have read since I started reading comics. Now the only question is whether he will too the god butcher arc with this one......and that last page of issue 19.....Bra-freaking-vo....I only wish Superman had a writer like this.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

that good huh, i have been on the fence on gettin this issue...
    we'll see how things turn out.
    I'm actually more interested in seeing what happens in the next uncanny avengers
    let us see how Thor performs in that one....

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read it yet but have high expectations that I'm predicting will be met.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@sog7dc: Haven't read 19 yet but he has had a consistently good run on Thor. The Accursed was a bit slow but it picked up by the conclusion. For the record, he isn't always in the 'zone.' His Hulk run is the worst on the character to date for many fans and his X-Men stuff has varying views. It's strange that an inconsistent writer can do this well on Thor.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HaveAtThee

Still have to read it. But we do have a God of Thunder discussion thread. Glad to hear the glowing reviews. Thor is the crem de la crem of Marvel superhero solo series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still have to read it. But we do have a God of Thunder discussion thread. Glad to hear the glowing reviews. Thor is the crem de la crem of Marvel superhero solo series.

It's the only one I'm actually enjoying from Marvel so that's an achievement in of itself. Fraction ruined Thor for me after two great runs and I can't believe he was left to wreak havoc on Thor's stories. At least now Aaron has brought back some great Thor stories.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting that Superman fans (of which I am one) have heaped praise on the Thor series. It's rather refreshing when a powerhouse gets treatment befitting his status in the universe.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc: Haven't read 19 yet but he has had a consistently good run on Thor. The Accursed was a bit slow but it picked up by the conclusion. For the record, he isn't always in the 'zone.' His Hulk run is the worst on the character to date for many fans and his X-Men stuff has varying views. It's strange that an inconsistent writer can do this well on Thor.

He's been consistent on other titles besides those two.

BB

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

He's been consistent on other titles besides those two.

BB

Which of his works are we talking about BB?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read both 18 and 19. Gave my thoughts in the GoT thread. Shit is REAL homey. Issue 19 was, as usual, quite excellent. Both in characterization and plot elements. Should be a fun ride for this arc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SOG7dc

@lvenger said:

Maybe he just found his stride with Thor. 19 was just a very very fun issue and a brilliant start to his next arc. Esad is also brilliant in this issue. Hopefully they stay together for 50 issues like Snyder and Capullo on Batman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: That's good to hear, I've been looking forward to this arc and the solicits looked like this next storyline would be something special. Like the God Butcher and God Bomb arcs were. Glad to see Aaron isn't disappointing in that regard though I wouldn't rank Snyder and Capullo as better than Aaron and Ribic. Capullo is the better artist but Snyder's Batman run is...overrated IMO. I wish he'd stick with Superman personally.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

You prefer Capitol over Esad? I live Capullos work but Esad's is a dream IMO. And I also view snyder's batman as very mediocre and nothing at all noteworthy. Is much rather he wrote unchained into issue 50. I was more saying I would like Aaron and Ribic to stay on for an extended run like Snyder and Capullos are on Batman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Yeah I think Snyder isn't doing anything special on Batman's writing either. But Capullo is doing a wonderful job on the artwork. The gritty and dark tone to the art suits the series perfectly. Ribic's art is epic and grand in scale but...his details are not very good. His hair and facial expressions can be static or downright ridiculously proportioned. Plus the coloured inking can go wrong in some panels. That adds some inconsistency in the artwork and it's why I prefer Capullo's current artwork to Ribic's current artwork overall. Though Ribic does do the better action sequence.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

@lvenger: How long do you think Ribic will stay on the art for the title after this story arc? Personally I think one more arc maybe two.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@z3ro180: I'd say two or three myself. Ribic's art has been a big draw to the series and I can almost guarantee (if it's possible to predict a guarantee in comics) that Aaron will want Ribic to do the artwork for the big Nine Realms War he teased at the end of The Accursed. That epic storyline will need Ribic's epic art. I'd personally hope to see Ribic become to Thor what Chiang has become to Wonder Woman but I'd be fine with 2 or 3 more arcs with Ribic doing the art.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

ITs good to return to good news

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

I hope he stays for a while. I hate when the best artists only stay on a title for a limited amount of time.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE DID IT AGAIN!!!! DAMNIT AARON!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.