Current Thor Respect Thread

#51 Edited by Rickbarry (1866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@thundergodswrath said:

More feats.

Teleports an ocean to cool down gamma lava on a planet.

Thor flying without Mjolnir

Thor fights for the dead for forty days and forty nights

Makes it rain on a planet after a prayer is sent to him

A young Thor endures torturing from Gorr for 17 days

Shows Colossus the difference between a high tier powerhouse and a low

Blitzing a sentinel

Destroys Ultron's body after Hank Pym sends the virus through his body

Reacts to an energy blast from the Silver Surfer

Will post more later.

colossus doesn't know who he's dealing with. haha!!

Well, to be fair, he was like twelve deep into a twenty four pack of brewski's. Colossus didn't know what day it was. lulz

#52 Posted by fero01 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor gets beaten every week look at uncanny avengers last sentry fight pofffff!!!!

#53 Posted by Z3RO180 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@fero01: No trolls are permitted to be here.

#54 Posted by TheGodofThunder (607 posts) - - Show Bio

@fero01: Didn't thor smash his head in?

#55 Posted by sophia89 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

@fero01: how many heroes can beat that?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/3512445-5605691351-13873.jpg

thor is not weak,dont troll.

#56 Edited by fero01 (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

Lol, I thought the same

@lvenger:

Alright i'll PM you, but you do seem to have a rather weird hate for Thor.

#58 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Wolverine08 (45950 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Lvenger (21837 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: All right then. Oh and I have told you before that I'm a big Thor fan. Just because I oppose the notion of him having any decent combat speed feats, it doesn't mean I don't love the character. I separate my preference from the character with the on panel feats for the battle forums. It's as simple as that.

#62 Posted by sophia89 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

@fero01: in UA10 that worm swallowed wolverine(tye narator said it had the toughest body in the entire galaxy,and wolverine cant escape it).

in UA15 when wasp did that,the worm didnt kill him or anything.all it did was swallow him and go underground to give thor and wasp time.

it was a way for them to escape him(it wasnt pis,but it was a escape via plot).

#63 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Tanks a punch from Sentry that is felt across the planet.

Smashes Death Seed Sentry's face in and brings down lightning upon 2 rock giants

Tanked Sentry crashing him into a planet at a distance deep in space

#64 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor catching blasts in his hand, and even Kid Gladiator cannot even make Thor budge his arm. ( Kid Gladiator is quite the strong man himself )

Wolverine and the X Men Annual 001 023

#65 Edited by sayid_zanafi (84 posts) - - Show Bio

please can you guys post more scans of thor battling sentry i really love sentry and thor....for me thor,sentry and silver surfer is evenly matched

maybe thor is better

AND i want to know who would win if thor battled goku blood lust and thor blood lust

#66 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: @thundergodswrath: Do either of you have scans of Thor fighting the frost giant army for nine months straight?(Thor Ages of Thunder)

#68 Posted by sayid_zanafi (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: dude your thread is awesome.i am a big fan of thor myself,actually he is my favourite superhero in the history of superhero (including manga) .can you please show me alot of thor fights,pictures,wallpaper or anything that realted to thor or sentry

#69 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sayid_zanafi said:

please can you guys post more scans of thor battling sentry i really love sentry and thor....for me thor,sentry and silver surfer is evenly matched

maybe thor is better

AND i want to know who would win if thor battled goku blood lust and thor blood lust

1. Sorry for the late reply. I believe Thor and Silver Surfer are around even footing, although Sentry is constantly made to look above their level.
  2. Sentry is more powerful sadly.
  3. Well Thor can absorb Goku's attacks and fire them right back, not to mention his physical strength and striking power is a lot more powerful than Goku's. Although Goku's energy projection, fighting skills, and reaction speed is challenging to someone like Thor. Although he has fought fast beings plenty of times and I don't believe in all those calculations because I doubt the writes were thinking of that.

Round 1

Round 2

@xxxddd said:

@thorson: @thundergodswrath: Do either of you have scans of Thor fighting the frost giant army for nine months straight?(Thor Ages of Thunder)

All I could find sorry. ( Scans are out of order again sorry )

#70 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: dude your thread is awesome.i am a big fan of thor myself,actually he is my favourite superhero in the history of superhero (including manga) .can you please show me alot of thor fights,pictures,wallpaper or anything that realted to thor or sentry

Thanks, and yeah I could do that. Just stay tuned in this thread. I can give some now and over the time :)

Most of the scans are backwards so you might have to read right to left

Thor VS 8th Day Juggernaut ( Amped Juggernaut )

Thor VS Loki

Thor VS Destroyer Amour

Thor VS The Disir

Thor VS Amped Hela

Thor VS Glory

Thor VS Storm ( Possessing her own version of Mjolnir )

Thor VS Silver Surfer

Thor & Asgardians VS Silver Surfer & Galactus

#71 Posted by phisigmatau (590 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Edited by sayid_zanafi (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: dude thanks for the reply and scans and yeah i bookmarked this thread so that everytime i can see current thors scans i like the classic one but i already know all the clasic feats i am focusing on what jason aaron is going to do with thor. but can you make the scans bigger i am using an android phone so i cant download the scans unless you make it big

#74 Posted by sayid_zanafi (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: thats not exactly a moon thor's holding because moon does not have any core.it clearly shown a lava like thing there.....it is a small planet but bigger than our earths moon definately bigger

#75 Posted by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR owns in those scans

#76 Edited by sayid_zanafi (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: ya i know....you can say that again

#77 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: dude thanks for the reply and scans and yeah i bookmarked this thread so that everytime i can see current thors scans i like the classic one but i already know all the clasic feats i am focusing on what jason aaron is going to do with thor. but can you make the scans bigger i am using an android phone so i cant download the scans unless you make it big

Alright.

@thundergodswrath: thats not exactly a moon thor's holding because moon does not have any core.it clearly shown a lava like thing there.....it is a small planet but bigger than our earths moon definately bigger

Even better.

#78 Posted by youmessinwithme (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor catching blasts in his hand, and even Kid Gladiator cannot even make Thor budge his arm. ( Kid Gladiator is quite the strong man himself )

do you have the scan of the blast catching that sounds sick

#79 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

do you have the scan of the blast catching that sounds sick

Not at the moment but I will try.

#80 Edited by Darthnowell (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor using his hands to generate lightning, sidious style.

#81 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Catches Malekith's sword in one hand.

Out powers Malekith's magic attack

#82 Posted by phisigmatau (590 posts) - - Show Bio

cool thanks! lightning fists are so sweet!

#83 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

cool thanks! lightning fists are so sweet!

Do you have the scan, I was looking for it, and I can't upload? Would you mind posting it here?

#84 Edited by phisigmatau (590 posts) - - Show Bio

here you go....

#85 Edited by HaveAtThee (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Luppachino's work saved the finale of the arc. Her work would've been far more suited for it. Garney's pencils needed an inker and looked rushed.

#86 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any have the scan where Malekith stated that Thor knows a little sorcery?

#88 Posted by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR NEVER GETS ENOUGH RESPECT.

#89 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't he have any new ones?

#90 Edited by Experio (17615 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR on blu ray tomorrow Feb 25th!!!!

#92 Posted by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Edited by green_skaar (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS FROM Uncanny Avengers 16 and 17

Uncanny Avengers has had some good feats for Thor in the last two issues:

• REACTION: Twirls hammer rapidly to block various magic shards from Uriel at short range (Uncanny Avengers 16)
  • MJOLNIR: Blocks Jarnbjorn, an axe capable of slaying Celestials, with Mjolnir (Uncanny Avengers 17)
  • DURABILITY: Tanks a blow from Jarnbjorn to his chest. (Uncanny Avengers 17)
  • MJOLNIR/REACTION: The Earth is violently exploding from Exitar the Executioner, Thor who is right above Earth, sees it, opens up a portal and gets through as the explosion finally reaches him. (Uncanny Avengers 17)

#94 Posted by Lvenger (21837 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Isn't the last one more of a portal creation one rather than a reaction feat? I've got something to add as well from Thor: GOT #19 since feats from that haven't been posted yet.

Casually lifts the largest mountain in Jotunheim and brings it to Earth without straining or exerting any noticeable effort.

#95 Edited by green_skaar (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: Isn't the last one more of a portal creation one rather than a reaction feat? I've got something to add as well from Thor: GOT #19 since feats from that haven't been posted yet.

Casually lifts the largest mountain in Jotunheim and brings it to Earth without straining or exerting any noticeable effort.

It's both a portal feat and reaction feat, that's why I said Mjolnir/Reaction. Have you read the issue? I only ask if I need to explain the timing and why I said reaction as well.

Also nice mountain feat!

#96 Posted by Lvenger (21837 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: No I haven't but from the scans you've posted, it seems to show the context of the feat. Unless there's extra info stated in the issue itself?

#97 Posted by green_skaar (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: No I haven't but from the scans you've posted, it seems to show the context of the feat. Unless there's extra info stated in the issue itself?

Just a little more information, however it's a great series and at some point if you have the opportunity, pick it up!

Before the scans I gave, we see just how close Thor was to Exitar and the Earth seen here:

So why is this reaction? Thor is right above the violent explosion when it takes place. He is injured because he was just hit in the chest with the axe and battling. He then has time to get to his senses, see the explosion, open a portal all before the blast gets to him. The blast only reaches him as he goes through the portal. How "fast" was this feat? Like most feats there are not direct statements like "nanosecond" or any of that, however we can deduce it happened in a very small time frame and Thor is reacting very quickly. It's not like opening portals is his quickest technique or anything, as well as he's dazed/hurt during this so not at peak.

Hopefully that made sense.

#98 Posted by Lvenger (21837 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Your explanation is logical but Thor has whipped up portals before in a short space of time before so that's in relation to your point about portals not being Thor's easiest technique. He's whipped them out plenty of times before especially to Asgard which is where he goes in your scan.

#99 Posted by themadsurfer (360 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell he burned his arm??? he can stand in the heart of the sun and in Surtur's essence without problems!!!

#100 Posted by green_skaar (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell he burned his arm??? he can stand in the heart of the sun and in Surtur's essence without problems!!!

He did it in Uncanny Avengers 16 while pushing Uriel into this portal (idk) which consequently killed him so it must have been powerful:

@killemall, @dondave any idea what Thor was pushing him into?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.