Could Thor be a cosmic hero ?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could i mean it could be really awesom.

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

I think he should be doing..you know..important stuff.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic Ifnby important stuff you mean cooking bacon with his magin thunder then yes I agree :)

#4 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic Ifnby important stuff you mean cooking bacon with his magin thunder then yes I agree :)

I mean bacon AND fries

#5 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but that's where Beta Ray Bill comes in though. Can't wait to see what Marvel Now has in stores for Beta Ray Bill.

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

He could be though I'd prefer him to remain a mythic one.

#7 Edited by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh? Thor already is a cosmic hero. Thats how Lee and Kirby sold him, a mythological, a cosmic, an everything hero. Ego's first appearance in a comic? Thor. Galactus origin was told where the first time? Thor. Think of how associated Celestials are with Thor. Heh heh though I agree he should be spending more time out there exploring the Universe, I really liked Astonishing Thor mini series which was the last proper space Thor story I remember liking - not counting Matt Fractions run, but it tried.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC well oN some level God of Thunder is sort of a cosmic story. But yes Thor needs to be in space and be all thorieoly doing space stuff.

#9 Edited by HaveAtThee (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is both a mythological and cosmic Marvel character. They just have him hang out in Midgard because he is "the son of Gaea" and he has an affinity for Earth. Plus, he's an Avenger.

I find Thor more fascinating when he's traversing the cosmos and dealing with problems in other universes and encountering other cosmic characters (like Silver Surfer, Gladiator, etc.).

#10 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill pretty much fills this purpose. You have thor on earth dealing with earth threats while beta ray bill flies around in space dealing with cosmic threats.

#11 Posted by HaveAtThee (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention Asgard currently sits above Oklahoma. One of the few blights of the JMS run. I miss just the traveling through the bi-frost. Putting Asgard on Earth humanizes it too much, but that's Marvel's obsession sometimes.

#12 Edited by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if thor went cosmic for a while, we could see him flex some of those proverbial muscles and not job to people who are under him.

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee that was the whole point of the JMS run IMO

#14 Edited by THORSON (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

thought he was

#15 Posted by HaveAtThee (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@HaveAtThee that was the whole point of the JMS run IMO

Yeah that was a big part of JMS' take. It's the one aspect I didn't agree with. Thor and Asgardians now are as ubiquitous as any superhuman roaming around Earth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.