Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Could Frigg take Thor's mantle ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In every picture I see of the new female Thor it looks like Frigg. She is apart of Thor's lineage so it would make sense that She wield his hammer. Im probably reaching a bit here but do you think this could happen ?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it could maybe explain that how she could lift it even that nobody shouldn't after Thor's life-force bounded to Mjölnir.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kgb725

@glarinetta: Odin should have just let Thor have complete control over it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arthurkerr

I would say no she is not even his mother she has no say in the mater. But this is just some crap story line so hey all sanity aside. poof she can.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'll be Jane Foster she is on the brink of death . I do think frigga will be the one to give it to her . She did tell Thor is he can't fulfill his princely duties she would take his hammer & find someone else who will .

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I would be disappointed it that's how he loses it. Odin gave him the hammer, not her. She should have no right to take it away from him, just because she wants to.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I still think Ros is going to die & he's going to blame himself & he's going to be the one to stop himself from picking up the hammer cause he won't feel worthy cause he let her die .

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ivar17

No

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arthurkerr

I would say nay , It is Thor warrior and leader of troops. Like this would be the first time he dealt with a death issue. He does it all the time. How could he look his people in the face and show them how a leader deals with the death of a loved one. If he does not know how to deal with the death of a loved one. That would be a horrible storyline.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ivar17

I still don t know what happened to this child that she carries in the end of Matt Fraction THE MIGHTY THOR

No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arthurkerr
    @jayc1324 said:

@uugieboogie: I would be disappointed it that's how he loses it. Odin gave him the hammer, not her. She should have no right to take it away from him, just because she wants to.

I agree and should not be allowed just for the sake of story telling.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

In every picture I see of the new female Thor it looks like Frigg. She is apart of Thor's lineage so it would make sense that She wield his hammer. Im probably reaching a bit here but do you think this could happen ?

She is not part of his line , just a step mom. She can only advise him not enforce. She should have no say on the hammer at all.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Im talking about the one who was apart of the girls of thunder

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frigg was my initial suspect but after reading Aaron's interviews I think it's Jane. Aaron pretty much confirmed the new Thor is not an Asgardian. She's somebody from the current run, someone whose life he saved. Jane is worthy because she fought bravely against her illness and stood strong in the face of death.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frigg was my initial suspect but after reading Aaron's interviews I think it's Jane. Aaron pretty much confirmed the new Thor is not an Asgardian. She's somebody from the current run, someone whose life he saved. Jane is worthy because she fought bravely against her illness and stood strong in the face of death. any child of cancer has shown that courage. I could name a few myself. This does not make them worthy of using the hammer or taking his name and the like.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Yeah but Thor put Asgards healing technology/resources at her disposal which she bravely refused.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

I would hate it to be Jane.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By arthurkerr

@archizoom said:

@arthurkerr: Yeah but Thor put Asgards healing technology/resources at her disposal which she bravely refused.

that makes it even worse. The Norse did not care much for people that were not willing to help themselves. So this is a no. Had they offered and she took it and could not be added then another story. But if you read on them they only valued a warriors death. Death from sickness would not get you to hell but it would also not get you to Valhalla and a seat at Odin's table.

This would make you think that maybe why thor feels unworthy is not by something he does but something he fails to do. Maybe he does not kill something or maybe he does not act like a warrior. But the hammer had its curse removed by Odin and he swore to never put Thor through such things again. So that only leaves one thing.

story plot.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Well she's a proud citizen of Midgard and I believe that she believes it would've been unfair for her to receive a privileged medical treatment in Asgard while several thousands of people, adults and children alike, battle the same deadly disease, just because she's friends with Thor. That kind of moral integrity is very rare, it does make her worthy but obviously this is all naught but a suspicion at this point.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the more I read up on the Norse myth I see that Gandalf was fashioned after Odin in his Traveler form.... if that is not awesome I do not know what is.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: I'm not sure Galactus is dead, he's at least badly wounded, I think what Thor did to him might be why he becomes unworthy. Galactus warned him there would be consequences.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By arthurkerr

It could be no worse then when he fought the celestial. I think They even repaired Mjolnir after that battle. It is when his belt got destroyed if I recall right. Or when he entered the land of the dead in the body of the destroyer and tossed Mjolnir aside because he had more power. That was when he could not die and all his bones were brittle.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would have hated that to happen. The person who's taking up the Mjolnir is likely to be someone none of us saw coming, just like this new direction.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think it should be Kelda

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By T_Aesir
    No Caption Provided

@ms-lola: Who is your bet?

No Caption Provided

Jane Foster and Roz Solomon are not blondes...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Frigg is blonde and her lips Match with Thor Female.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Frigg Wodendottir is a good bet.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir said:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I will play nice since somebody said I was trolling and not just a unhappy Thor reader.

Um the women with the hammer looks possessed from out the omen please somebody get a priest. Thor with the lightning looks like he is about to try to score a touch down somebody demand another toss of the coin. I say off sides. Who is the blonde girl in the spandex shorts somebody has to inform her they went out years ago.

As for Epic um no.

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By T_Aesir

@arthurkerr: as i said in the Thor & Loki The Tenth Realm 5.3, topic i also don t like this idea of a female Thor, but this is another topic, I was only trying to demonstrate that could be Frigg the new Thor Female, either way this new female Thor sucks but if she is not Asgardian, to me will suck harder.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arthurkerr

@t_aesir said:

@arthurkerr: as i said in the Thor & Loki The Tenth Realm 5.3, topic i also don t like this idea of a female Thor, but this is another topic, I was only trying to demonstrate that could be Frigg the new Thor Female, either way this new

oh very nice I could see your point and yes you do seem correct.

I was just saying the art is not over the top the story is truly not epic and it looks like his arm is still there but just has crappy armor on it.

lol

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By T_Aesir

Do you guys think, if Frigg is the one that steals Thor identity, in the future, after this publicity stunt is over, and Odinson is back, that marvel could kill Beta Ray Bill just to give the publicity stunt an hammer (Stormbreaker).

Loki Agent of Asgard last issue ( Future Asgard)

No Caption Provided

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like frigg

I do

if she was sent from the past by old thor to replace Thor during his unworthiness... (speculations for why he became unworthy are found here https://twitter.com/nickfurywhisper )

i think that would be cool ...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, she's only his step-mother.

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: That s Freyja, Frigg it s Thor Granddaughter from the future, she is in the pic above with the Hammer similar to Stormbreaker...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc

@t_aesir said:

@powerherc: That s Freyja, Frigg it s Thor Granddaughter from the future, she is in the pic above with the Hammer similar to Stormbreaker...

Oh, I got it now. I know who she is.

Yeah, she might be able to take it someday.

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir: unfortunately to all Thor real fans like me, it seems to be in next October, she is a very good candidate to steal Thor identity....

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@t_aesir said:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I agree with you on it being Frigg (as in, it should be her). Out of the three granddaughters, she appeared to be the most clear-headed and leaderish. Problem I have would be that her name "Frigg" is a commonly used word to replace "F_ck" where I am from. As in "get out of my friggin' way, _sshole."

I would love to see her go at it with dear, old Great-Auntie Angela in retaliation for what she did to her grandfather.

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By T_Aesir

@ms-lola: I Think is most against unworthy Thor, look to Aaron words bellow, i want like this idea if she go by her birth name, but she will go with Thor that is not her name, and marvel is making everything to make me hate this Character supposedly Frigg...

Jason Aaron

So in the coming months we'll see the return of some familiar villains from Thor's past. That means this new Thor will certainly have her hands full and will have no shortage of people lining up to take her on including at some point, as you might expect, the previous version of Thor.

New female Thor and Angela are both in Avengers Now cant fight much...

No Caption Provided

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe Torunn or Frigg

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.