Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Could current Thor possibly redo the Midgard Serpent feat?

Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jazzitup

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Valtot

yes though marvel would just make it look more realistic than this

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

He could do it twice with one hand if the writer wanted him to. Thor's power, his strength has always been high end, but inconsistent, but and bordering on the impossible. 

Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jazzitup
    @Valtot:
    Both in myth nd comics, the Serpent is as heavy as the earth nd large enough to have both ends meet with each other around the globe. I believe they'll draw it better.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh, and err, thats a different Serpent Odin is talking about, you probably get that already, but I thought I should just throw that out there lol

Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jazzitup
    @SC said:
    "

Oh, and err, thats a different Serpent Odin is talking about, you probably get that already, but I thought I should just throw that out there lol

"

wat serpent is it? :P
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Jazzitup:  For the Feat Itself storyline, the writer Matt Fraction is creating a brand new powerful god being, who supposedly is the actual true Norse All Father character. Odin is supposedly not the real All Father, but Odin overthrew this new Serpent character and imprisoned him. Fear Itself is this new character reasserting himself with the aid of the Red Skrull. 

You can see the new character here Serpent and in this issue that scan you have is from, Fear Itself #1
    Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jazzitup
    @SC said:
    "

@Jazzitup:  For the Feat Itself storyline, the writer Matt Fraction is creating a brand new powerful god being, who supposedly is the actual true Norse All Father character. Odin is supposedly not the real All Father, but Odin overthrew this new Serpent character and imprisoned him. Fear Itself is this new character reasserting himself with the aid of the Red Skrull. 

You can see the new character here Serpent and in this issue that scan you have is from, Fear Itself #1

"

Oh thank you ^^ I feel so embarrassed.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

Sin seems to be possessed by the Goddess Skadi and is the daughter of 'the serpent'. In Norse mythology Skadi's father was Thiazi who was killed by the Gods so I'm thinking they're going to use this as a basis for whatever they're planning.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Jazzitup:
    Having read all of the posts on this thread and understanding your original question; I do believe Thor could duplicate the feat of lifting the Midgard Serpent (even though that's not the serpent Odin was referring to).
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180

@PowerHerc:
    could you tell me how odin is back?

i thought he was dead and fighting surtur in limbo?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Jazzitup:  Ah don't be, its all good. Easy mistake, plus Marvel, Matt Fraction should have called the character something new and different lol ^__^]

@Z3RO180: I hope you don't mind, (nor PowerHerc minds) Odin returned about three issues ago in the main Thor ongoing. Thor become aware of the Ano-Athox the World Eaters. A new race of blood red alien god type beings. With this threat, Thor went to Odin's casket and broke it and thus Odin was returned to life. Odin was annoyed, but him and Thor layeth the smack down on these new characters. So Odin has been alive for about 4 issues, or about 3 months. 

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By z3ro180
    @SC:
    no i dount mind and thanks for telling me and another questin is the worrl eaters story arc still going or is it finished plus can it be bought in trade yet??
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Z3RO180:  World Eaters story arc is finished now. Now Thor will start a new arc in a new book, called The Mighty Thor #1 (Fraction and Coipel) and the current Thor book, is turning into Journey Into Mystery #622 (Gillen) 

I do not think you can get it in trade yet the last issue was released last week. Probably one more moth to wait I think? No Probs too. 
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Outside_85

In respose to the title, then yes, if given the proper tools.

In mythology however he 'only' managed to lift one leg of the cat that the serpent had been turned into, which was impressive, even if he actually failed the challenge.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180
    @SC:
    so the current thor book is getting re named and the next main stream story for thor is going to start a new book.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Gambit1024

I think Thor could do it again.  

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Z3RO180:  Exactly. 

@Gambit1024:  ?!?!? lol (Your spoiler links to this page when clicked... or is that just me?)
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gambit1024
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Gambit1024:  WOW, that sounds a bit... weird... you have quite an imagination there my friend... unless you meant that literally and not as a metaphor for killing your children, in order to steal their eyes, because you are missing one? 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

I'll let you interpret that into any way you want     >:)

RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By RoninTheFury
    Does anyone know how much the Midgard Serpent actually weighs? has it ever been stated? if it really is as large as the earth, it must be at a bare minimum 1000 tons right?
    VII アメリカの英雄

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RoninTheFury said:
    " Does anyone know how much the Midgard Serpent actually weighs? has it ever been stated? if it really is as large as the earth, it must be at a bare minimum 1000 tons right? "
    Seeing as how the Serpent can wrap himself around the Earth..I would assume he ways way more than 1000 tons.There are things on Earth that weigh over 100,000 tons and he's larger than all of those things.I don't think his weight was ever measured in comics though.
    Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jazzitup
    @VII アメリカの英雄:
    @RoninTheFury:

I heard and read in multiple places that he's as heavy as the earth itself or half of earth.
    RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By RoninTheFury
    @Jazzitup said:
    " @VII アメリカの英雄: @RoninTheFury: I heard and read in multiple places that he's as heavy as the earth itself or half of earth. "
    Wow. even if he was half as heavy as Earth, can you imagine how much weight that is? and my thoughts are if he did it once, he could do it again. he might need to be in a berserker state to do it, or be wearing his enchanted belt and gauntlets, but i think in the end, he could do it. do you yourself think he could do it again?
    Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jazzitup
    @RoninTheFury said:
    "

@Jazzitup said:
    "

@VII アメリカの英雄: @RoninTheFury: I heard and read in multiple places that he's as heavy as the earth itself or half of earth.

"
    Wow. even if he was half as heavy as Earth, can you imagine how much weight that is? and my thoughts are if he did it once, he could do it again. he might need to be in a berserker state to do it, or be wearing his enchanted belt and gauntlets, but i think in the end, he could do it. do you yourself think he could do it again?

"

I believe he can. Thor nd Hulk are written to use their strength to anything.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#27  Edited By AssertingValor  Online

A gods strength never wanes.............................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

Yes.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By majestic99

Yes.

m99

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Malevolent1

Technically, he SHOULD be able to. He is still the same Thor he was before any upgrades.

Now we just have to convince Matt Fraction of that. Darn!

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically YES, but that isn't his best strength feat I believe... I think overpowering the gravity of a newtron star is a higher feat.

Thor:God of Thunder saga, made him back to his classic levels definitely.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok As far as The Midgard Serpent , Not Thor's Uncle "The Serpent" the classic Serpent was referred to as weighing 1/3 the weight of the Earth (Millions of Tons), Thor Lifted It during "The Hela Cursed Saga" Where he could not heal injuries & his powers where less than half, He had already been injured several times including a serious beating by Zues, He had to where his Armor to support his broken bones & Belt of Strength which Took him close to his starting normal strength, He also killed the Midgard Serpent in that same Story arch. So Absolutely Thor can do Any of his classic feats & I agree The weight of a Neutron Star ,Which Multiples normal Gravity Billions of Times Thor weighs 660 pounds X Billions , Well my math isn't perfect but That puts Thor's walking weight at Millions of Tons, He also stood in the heart of the Sun another super heavy gravity environment Thor didn't just stand he was able to fight.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HaveAtThee

All any character needs for a huge showing is the right plot, writer and artist. Currently, Thor has all three of those and there's always potential for a truly awesome moment. Aaron definitely puts the "God" in God of Thunder.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, l made a calc here

Any lifting feat for Thor? - Thor - Comic Vine

So Thor could easily redo the feat.

Ok As far as The Midgard Serpent , Not Thor's Uncle "The Serpent" the classic Serpent was referred to as weighing 1/3 the weight of the Earth (Millions of Tons), Thor Lifted It during "The Hela Cursed Saga" Where he could not heal injuries & his powers where less than half, He had already been injured several times including a serious beating by Zues, He had to where his Armor to support his broken bones & Belt of Strength which Took him close to his starting normal strength, He also killed the Midgard Serpent in that same Story arch. So Absolutely Thor can do Any of his classic feats & I agree The weight of a Neutron Star ,Which Multiples normal Gravity Billions of Times Thor weighs 660 pounds X Billions , Well my math isn't perfect but That puts Thor's walking weight at Millions of Tons, He also stood in the heart of the Sun another super heavy gravity environment Thor didn't just stand he was able to fight.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

yeeaah... I call bullshit on that one.

The mass of the sun is 333,000 times that of earth,

Characteristics of the Sun - Universe TodayUniverse Today

Marvel's official page says he is 640 lbs

Thor | Characters | Marvel.com

which means is about 213120000 lbs or 106560 US tons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.