Classic Kirby or Modern Medieval?

#1 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

Which do you prefer? The classic super technological look Jack Kirby used for Thor and Asgard or the medieval look that was used in Thor's revival and other stories such as Thor Ages of Thunder?

#2 Edited by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit, there's a lot to like about both designs. Having said that, I think that Copiel's design (modern medieval) is a great fit for the current age.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

I'll admit, there's a lot to like about both designs. Having said that, I think that Copiel's design (modern medieval) is a great fit for the current age.

I'm slightly more partial to the original Kirby designs. Then again it could just be that I'm a major fan of Jack Kirby's work in general. I was so amazed they managed to make the Kirby designs work in live action!!!!

#4 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I love the the new Thor.  The old stuff is great and I'll continue to read it (I don't have a lot of the earlier collections) but for me the updated look and world is more enjoyable.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37562 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of sucks they got rid of the medieval look for his new Marvel Now look. But the Coipel design is by far my favorite for him.

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kirby-look is my choice.

No question. No doubt.

#7 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, the classic stories were better; but Thor's new costume is by far better than the old.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

In my opinion, the classic stories were better; but Thor's new costume is by far better than the old.

This

#9 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

The Kirby-look is my choice.

No question. No doubt.

This.

Classic Thor. CURBSTOMP.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the old stories as well as the art, but the new suit is nice!

#11 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both designs... it's a difficult choice. I think the medieval look is a good choice right now, though.

#12 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Asagod said:

This

#13 Posted by THORSON (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

not hating on the classics but i prefer

Thor by Mike Deodato Jr.
#14 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

Kind of sucks they got rid of the medieval look for his new Marvel Now look. But the Coipel design is by far my favorite for him.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

This so much. Coipel designed and drew the best Thor costume IMO.

#16 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: As far as modern looks go, I thought this one was pretty great

but I'll always be partial to classic Thor

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I agree, I loved his modern look , this one is very nice, but not the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.