Can thor without mjolnir ?

#1 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Can thor flight, discharge lightning bolt from his hand and energy blast ( god blast ) and omni directional blast. There are scans but I don't if they are true. http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/FlyWithoutMjolnirInSpace1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsStorm2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/FlyWithoutMjolnir10.jpg

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/punkmastaflex/thor-revamped-respect-thread/87-70606/ (part 7)

#2 Edited by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't fly, but he can do everything else.

#3 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

If Storm can fly, why Thor can't?

#4 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Flies without hammer.

If you don't know... Don't guess and give out false information.

#5 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

To the OP... if you have scans in front of you... why are you even making a thread. Why would they be lies?

#6 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edm28: he can do everything mjlonir only lets him focus his power and he has better control with the hammer ...he doesn't necessarily fly he more off levitates ..but uses mjlonir to fly extremely fast ...

#7 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

actually thor has complete control of the weather(hopefully this is common knowledge by now.)

If storm can use the weather to fly. logically thor can as well.

#8 Posted by TheHulk (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Hulk could say he Superman of the Marvel world.

#9 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee said Thor was created to beat the hulk... but trust me, thats false. what he meant to say, Thor was created to beat superman

#10 Posted by TheHulk (834 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel said:

Stan Lee said Thor was created to beat the hulk... but trust me, thats false. what he meant to say, Thor was created to beat superman

Puny Stan Lee better have made mistake, or Hulk smash Stan Lee.

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel:

#12 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes you see that? I asked very realistic and relavant questions

#13 Posted by SoA (5124 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TrueMarvel (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA:

Thats actually an alternate universe lol. That comic isn't even canon.

#15 Posted by SoA (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: i know but i love that image so much lol

#16 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Mjolnir.

#17 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel said:

@SoA:

Thats actually an alternate universe lol. That comic isn't even canon.

lol it's actually in a dream and didn't even happen in an alternate reality.

#18 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

thor can't fly like superman would, but with the wind he can do it like storm can. and he still has total storm control and the godblast.

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can fly without his hammer.

#20 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all but thor can fly fast with the wind, create it (in the space where is no atmosphere)and he has a good control of weather (and his lightning is magic or it's juste regular lightning )

#21 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

???

#22 Posted by Postacrat (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Yes. Hulk could say he Superman of the Marvel world.

No he is not, I wish people would stop saying this. Thor is nothing like Superman Period.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edm28 said:

Thanks for all but thor can fly fast with the wind, create it (in the space where is no atmosphere)and he has a good control of weather (and his lightning is magic or it's juste regular lightning )

Magical

#24 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

And for the wind he can fly fast and create it and is lightning still powerfull

#25 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

And can he can project god blast from his hand (because when fight durok the godblast come from his body)

#26 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat: they are nothing like each other agreed but as for power ..Thor is the Superman of marvel

#27 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

???

#28 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edm28 said:

And can he can project god blast from his hand (because when fight durok the godblast come from his body)

Obviously not.. Well not shown to be able to.

#29 Edited by Postacrat (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt said:

@Postacrat: they are nothing like each other agreed but as for power ..Thor is the Superman of marvel

Not in power either. The Sentry was closer to being the Superman of Marvel in my eyes.

#30 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat: I actually can understand what u mean

#31 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Can fly fast with the wind, create it and his lightning still powerfull (and if his body emeting electricity he can do lightning punch like zeus when he fought hulk

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edm28 said:

Can fly fast with the wind, create it and his lightning still powerfull (and if his body emeting electricity he can do lightning punch like zeus when he fought hulk

Is that a question?

#33 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#34 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edm28 said:

Yes

It should be Can he, not just can. That is a statement not a question mate :D

#35 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank but someone can answer me please ?

#36 Posted by Edm28 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

??

#37 Posted by youngman_logan96 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk: hey you big green gorilla hulk how are you? its me the little man lol

#38 Posted by HumanRocket (8923 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can still fly and discharge lighting without it.

#39 Edited by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he can

#40 Posted by THORSON (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he can

#41 Edited by Lunarstorm (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Does storm fly? I thought she got her levitation using the winds isn't not like she can get into earth escape velocity in a flash or fly effortlessly twisting and turning doing air acrobatics, she needs to have same control focus as Magneto when he uses the earth magnetic field to get airborne. Not like actual flyers like in Supermans case. In Thor issue 01 2014. Thor's mother says this in the scan. So does he fly or has it been retconned?

#42 Edited by ThunderingThorFan (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunarstorm: it hasn't been retconned. It just that some "writer" and I use the term very loosely, has no respect or reverence for the past and just feels like making stuff up. Just like in the second issue preview of Hammerette. She stops a frost giant's blow with the hammer with absolutely no gestures of struggle or even after effect of the impact. Thor never did that. The floor around him would break or he'd sink a bit into the floor. But this toothpick is stronger? Ooooohhhh!!! Give me a freaking break!

#43 Posted by Lunarstorm (34 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Zarathos022 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as Aaron's new project has shown us, he clearly can't anymore.

#45 Edited by Spambot (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its gone both ways in the comics. Sometimes he can and other times he can't. For instance, in the Simonson volumes I am reading right now he challenged Hela to a wrestling match and both were commenting/thinking about the advantage she had due to being able to fly while he couldn't without his hammer. It's been written both ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.