Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Can the female version of Thor translate to live action?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

Sometimes the comic/movie sphere can be very ignorant, and this video was one of the most pathetic things that i ever watch, any change in the comics has to have immediate repercussions in the movie franchise, but my question is, if Donald Blake didn't translate to live action, how can Jane Foster just pick Mjolnir and become the female version of Thor in live action? Will Natalie play Jane and another actress play Thordis? Like the more athletic Emily Blunt?

Mjolnir the character can work in live action? Is Natalie Portman character in the Mcu more worthy than Mcu Steve Rodgers acknowledging that the enchantment works according to the Asgardian beliefs? As proven in several comics the MCU has direct influence in the MU, not the other way around, and Jane's character will be a hard fit in the Ragnarok movie, but think she can fit that movie has female Thor is just PATHETIC,...Obviously that i think this will never happen, but if happens in this or other movie will be so ridiculous that i can easily ignore the MCU...

Note... This person doesn't understand anything about marvel Thor canon so that aspect doesn't even worth the debate, but supposedly she should understand about movies because her channel is exclusively focused on that theme.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not even going to waste my time watching that video, since you already said this person knows nothing about the MU Thor history and likely bases her opinions on her experience with the movies and recent Thordis 8 issue run, which is probably all the Thor knowledge she brings to the table.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical: this video is in Aaron's current writing level... Garbage

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical:

And isn't strange that some internet can't understand that Don Blake was just a tool that Odin use to punish Thor, because even Aaron doesn't get that, Jane has her own identity and she is not Thor...

Aaron's interview

"Certainly her role and her character have changed and evolved over the years, but I like the fact of her finally getting her chance to carry the hammer around as Doctor Jane Foster now. I like that sort of comparison and contrast between that original Thor dynamic with Don Blake".

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of Natalie Portman being worthy of Mjolnir is laughable given her acting performances in those movies.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@antithetical:

And isn't strange that some internet can't understand that Don Blake was just a tool that Odin use to punish Thor, because even Aaron doesn't get that, Jane has her own identity and she is not Thor...

Aaron

"Certainly her role and her character have changed and evolved over the years, but I like the fact of her finally getting her chance to carry the hammer around as Doctor Jane Foster now. I like that sort of comparison and contrast between that original Thor dynamic with Don Blake".

Donald Blake was basically an illusion, as you said a creation of Odin used to teach Thor humility. Blake originally was never a separate entity, he was Thor all along, just without the realization of his true identity. So comparing Jane becoming Thordis with Don Blake shows a level of ignorance of Thor's history.

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: @asgaard:I won't even bother watching the video because I already know it's going to be stupid...anyways no I don't believe that fem-thor would make it to the movies for two reasons 1. Feige stated that the comics don't affect the movies if that were true the avengers and guardians team would be completely different,Thor would have the Donald Blake persona,Jane Foster would be a nurse,Jarvis would be a butler,Ultron would have made Vision,Hank would be ant-man and would have made Ultron,and also Wasp would still be alive.2 Fangirls would flip out if they saw dream guy Hemsworth was replaced.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Asgaard

@makentsu: K. Feige specifically said that there are no plans for Female Thor in the MCU when this change was announced, and you don't have to be that smart to understand that female Thor will never work in live action, others can be worthy of the Hammer, the next one will be Cap, but he will not be Thor just have the power of Thor, Aaron's story doesn't work in the comics where you have incredible liberties this execution has lot of problems...

@antithetical: Yup, I really can't understand how anyone also can think that Thor mythology (marvel comics) can work like a police force, that's just a stupid interpretation of the purpose of this character, and after SW Aaron will reduce Thor and Asgard to the Supergirl trailer vibe, can't even imagine that scenario...

@jayc1324 said:

The idea of Natalie Portman being worthy of Mjolnir is laughable given her acting performances in those movies.

Her acting was so bad in Thor 2...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow and I hate to say this but if he is that out of touch with the character then they need another writer before he does any damage that can not be forgot. Wow I to always thought Black was just a illusion made by Odin to punish Thor. I was glad when that was no longer a part of his story. One of the things I for one never liked. Where is the stories we been waiting on with Sif and Thor why all the side tracks?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HaveAtThee

If Marvel really wanted to ruin the Thor franchise forever they would cast a woman as "Thor." Moviegoers would be like "see ya later, Marvel." I think the possibility of this suggestion is at around 0.1% and that's being generous.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they said Thor and Jane going to split in Thor 3 before the whole She Thor being Jane Foster reveal?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: I haven't heard anything specific to that effect, but there is the whole thing about Natalie Portman not being happy with her role as Jane, and if that doesn't change maybe they'll give her less screen time in Thor: Ragnarok to a) fulfill her contract and b) not ruin the movie with her sub par acting.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll probably die in "Ragnarok."

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThorOdinson24

@antithetical: I read somewhere can't remember tho couple months ago saying Thor and Jane splitting and the Enchantress becoming Thor's new love interest but either way I doubt somebody else will be the sole Mjolnir wielder but Thor Odinson in the MCU.

Nah she got pissed in Thor the Dark World cause a female director got fired so Natalie didn't want to continue her role as Jane but they forced her to fulfilled her contract which is probably why they are making Thor and Jane split in Thor 3.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll probably die in "Ragnarok."

Are you sure you're just not secretly hoping that's what happens? :P

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/thor-3-plot-update-amora-enchantress-could-be-thors-new-love-interest-jane-foster-617101

This is it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

@thorodinson24 said:

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/thor-3-plot-update-amora-enchantress-could-be-thors-new-love-interest-jane-foster-617101

This is it.

Nothing against your post, but for me that link (can't call it article/report), has so much credibility like some of our posts/thoughts here in this site...

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: True but since they are having some issues with Natalie could be a possibility of them getting rid of Jane.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@thorodinson24 said:

@asgaard: True but since they are having some issues with Natalie could be a possibility of them getting rid of Jane.

That would be incredibly awesome for the Ragnarok movie... No Jane and Darcy...But there is no real fact that supports that scenario...

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @thorodinson24 said:

Perhaps that is what i most want for the Ragnarok... No Jane and Darcy...

Twist: Darcy is actually Amora lol

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @thorodinson24 said:

Only if Jason Aaron was writing the Script...Only him thinks humans can be Asgardians...

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant God

@asgaard said:
    @mutant_god said:
    @asgaard said:
    @thorodinson24 said:

Only if Jason Aaron was writing the Script...Only him thinks humans can be Asgardians...

No, I was saying Amora was pretending to be a human

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Well they introduced Amora's sister in Agents of Shield so Amora could be in Thor Ragnarok.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @mutant_god said:
    @asgaard said:
    @thorodinson24 said:

No, I was saying Amora was pretending to be a human

Ok...But If well portrayed/Written Amora the Enchantress wouldn't tolerate Darcy's life more than 5 min...

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel already said that Hemsworth will be the only Thor of the MCU and Portman will only be in one more movie, if that, I am still not convinced she will be in Thor 3.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asgaard

Min 03:05, Natalie is an academy Oscar wining actress, and in this interview (Thor 2 press junket) wasn't able to fake and convince anyone that she really wants to play this role again, neither that Marvel Studios also wants her back, but i thought that initially she was going to say that she has another movie in her contract, but since everything went wrong in Thor 2 production with her, she didn't knew what to say, normally in this situations yes is always the only answer...

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.