Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Can Odin be Odin without the Odinforce?

vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidarrodinson

Now that Odin has returned from his hell.   Does he have the power level?.  The remainder of the Odinforce went to repair the hammer.  So if Thor wasted the last of it,  What will Odin power level be?
    Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Susanoo

Weaker.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

He could. Odin should be a generator of his own power. Some of it can be relocated or passed down, leaving him with none temporarily, but he should be building it back up where ever else he might be. Of course this is just one possibility. Writers could write it however, it would seem strange to me if 1. He couldn't. 2. That power was lost forever. 3. He appears without it. 4. Its just forgotten about lol

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Err..thanks for the spoiler warning?
    When did Odin return?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Spoiler tags. Use them please. And maybe not put part of the spoiler in the title?

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brantumbo

**spoiler**

odin returned 2 or 3 weeks ago in the most recent issue of thor.  thor resurrected him, i am assuming in order to help or be the one who defeats the entitys that have been trashing the rest of the nine worlds in the last 3 issues. or possibly becuase he was bored and missed him, which seems to be the reason he resurrected loki. if i had to guess, i would assume that the resurrection of odin will precede odin moving asgard back to its rightful place, and that they will somehow tie all the creatures that have massed in asghoma(as i have taken to calling it) or oklagard with being how odin draws his odin force from all the creatures of the nine realms. just guessing. i just dont see odin allowing asgard to remain on midgard, or them resurrecting him just to have him killed off again at the culmination of the coming battle. all i know is that with asgards top scientific advisor, Volstagg, at his side, there is nothing that odin cant accomplish:)

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brantumbo
    @~The Wanderer~:
    most of that was for you by the way, but i am sure you realized that.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @brantumbo said:
    "

**spoiler**

odin returned 2 or 3 weeks ago in the most recent issue of thor.  thor resurrected him, i am assuming in order to help or be the one who defeats the entitys that have been trashing the rest of the nine worlds in the last 3 issues. or possibly becuase he was bored and missed him, which seems to be the reason he resurrected loki. if i had to guess, i would assume that the resurrection of odin will precede odin moving asgard back to its rightful place, and that they will somehow tie all the creatures that have massed in asghoma(as i have taken to calling it) or oklagard with being how odin draws his odin force from all the creatures of the nine realms. just guessing. i just dont see odin allowing asgard to remain on midgard, or them resurrecting him just to have him killed off again at the culmination of the coming battle. all i know is that with asgards top scientific advisor, Volstagg, at his side, there is nothing that odin cant accomplish:)

"

I'm with you man Asgard on earth was fun but it can only go so far before it gets either stupid or boring.
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    @brantumbo said:
    " @~The Wanderer~: most of that was for you by the way, but i am sure you realized that. "
    'kay, cool. Thanks for the info :)
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thor's hammmer

He should have his own natural powers just not the ones he absorbed from his brothers, or maybe with his return he came back with all his brothers powers since they were in valhala too
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't know, and I don't want to know.  

He should either get the Odin-force back or show that he can/does generate it from within.  Either way he needs to have sky-father level power.  Without it he's too weak.   
    Odin, even though he looks old, should never be weak.
    brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brantumbo
    @PowerHerc said:
    "I don't know, and I don't want to know.   He should either get the Odin-force back or show that he can/does generate it from within.  Either way he needs to have sky-father level power.  Without it he's too weak.   Odin, even though he looks old, should never be weak. "

agreed. odin has always been displayed as one of if not the most powerful skyfathers(zeus being only competition), and has taken on silver surfer and thanos at the same time, and batted surfer away like a gnat. then trashed thanos around asgard to the point where it took thanos 3 frames to stand back up. this is not an old weak man and if they portray him as such i will be very disappointed. same thing goes if anybody but odin is allowed to be king of asgard.
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Walker696

this whole arc is both confusing and kind of a let down, it seems like as of late they have just been doing random stuff with Thor.

Spoiler-for those who haven't read Thor 619

No according to the story Odin knew about these beings who endangered the 9 worlds but not only did nothing to stop it, he didn't mention it to anyone. This not only makes no sense but it also makes him look pretty stupid (considering he is known for being very wise). Him without OF is like Iron Man with no armor.......yea it has possibility to be interesting but for only so long, I honestly liked Odin not coming back, it gave Thor and Balder some time to shine and show that they could lead their people (despite both of them doing pretty bad). As much as it may piss others off, I hope Odin is killed off again and hopefully this time permanently. 

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brantumbo
    @Walker696 said:
    "this whole arc is both confusing and kind of a let down, it seems like as of late they have just been doing random stuff with Thor.  Spoiler-for those who haven't read Thor 619  No according to the story Odin knew about these beings who endangered the 9 worlds but not only did nothing to stop it, he didn't mention it to anyone. This not only makes no sense but it also makes him look pretty stupid (considering he is known for being very wise). Him without OF is like Iron Man with no armor.......yea it has possibility to be interesting but for only so long, I honestly liked Odin not coming back, it gave Thor and Balder some time to shine and show that they could lead their people (despite both of them doing pretty bad). As much as it may piss others off, I hope Odin is killed off again and hopefully this time permanently.  "

yea it really reminds me of when the xmen came out with danger and how prof x knew the whole time that the danger room was sentient. but it actually makes even less sense with odin. he has always been a stern ruler, but always wise and benevolent, as much as a norse viking god can be, that is. to have something like this, which he always knew about, and never took real steps to stop makes no sense. this is the same odin who realized ragnarok was a cycle and as a safeguard sent thor to earth to have the heart of a mortal so the ones who sit in shadow above couldnt see what he was doing when he broke the cycle. so to have a group of beings that would threaten all of the nine worlds, not just asgard, and not do anything to stop or put a failsafe in place is just bad writing. now, the story isnt over, so we could find out something where he did have a plan in place and maybe we just dont know about it. as far as killing him off, it doesnt piss me off, because that has been working for over a decade now, but i personally want to see him take back over(mostly based off that i really like balder and didnt like seeing him fail, same with thor), and put asgard back. then get back to battling frost giants and trolls and things of that nature.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valtot

odin would still be more powerful than thor  as you gotta remember odins and 2 of his brothers power combined was odinforce so hed still be powerful just 3x less powerful but still incredibly powerful moreso than thor
    D00MSMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By D00MSMITH

In a what if? comic, odin defeated mephisto in his own realm without the odinforce. Since it was a what if?, i really don't know odin's current power level, but he still may be a high father level god.

Snickersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Snickersss

I'd imagine that his strength will still be above or at least about equal to Thor's. I don't think the writters would suddenly decrease his power that much from where it was before. I'm pretty certian Odin has a considerable amount of power even with out the Odin force since he is Thor's father.
    thanos1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thanos1970

maybe the reason for odin saying nothing was the fact he felt Thor should handle it. If Thor was to rule by himeslf he had to learn to recognise the dangers and think of away to stop it by himself. If Thor could not do this then he could never be his own man and would just be a shadow of odin

callmebigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By callmebigo

To begain with, Odin should never have been killed off, since he was, it means he was never an Imortal, And not worthy of the "All Father" position. Writers call Asgaurdians imortal, yet kill them off. Look, a good ass beating is understandable, but death? In this case, they should not have the title, "Gods" I've seen Thor get his ass handed to him by a Celestial, but what a heck of a story. The story of the Asgaurdians should be as Imortal as they are themselves, Odin must always be the All father, Period. Exclamation! 

And what of the tales beyond the Rainbow Bridge? What mistery! Tales beyond the human comprihention, Where a Thundergod battles Frost Giants. No mortal should be privy to such wonders as the Golden Realm, Exept for True Believers! 

Bring back Odin, and the Odinson. Let the Rainbow Bridge light the space ways to Midgaurd, with faithful Heimdall ever steatfast and vigal to bar the way into Asguard , from any wouldbe foe!
    THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By THORSON

of course

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By seekquaze

@callmebigo said:

To begain with, Odin should never have been killed off, since he was, it means he was never an Imortal, And not worthy of the "All Father" position. Writers call Asgaurdians imortal, yet kill them off. Look, a good ass beating is understandable, but death? In this case, they should not have the title, "Gods" I've seen Thor get his ass handed to him by a Celestial, but what a heck of a story. The story of the Asgaurdians should be as Imortal as they are themselves, Odin must always be the All father, Period. Exclamation!

And what of the tales beyond the Rainbow Bridge? What mistery! Tales beyond the human comprihention, Where a Thundergod battles Frost Giants. No mortal should be privy to such wonders as the Golden Realm, Exept for True Believers!

Bring back Odin, and the Odinson. Let the Rainbow Bridge light the space ways to Midgaurd, with faithful Heimdall ever steatfast and vigal to bar the way into Asguard , from any wouldbe foe!

Asgardians have always been vulnerable to death even in myths. They are only immortal when compared to mortals aka normal humans. He is worthy of the title "All-Father" because of the sacrifices he went through for wisdom to rule. Gods in Marvel used to mean a bit more, but in has in recent years been degraded more and more.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

@callmebigo: Asgardians aren't immortal just long lived and have the ability to be easily resurrected

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator

By Marvel Asgardians are considered both immortal and long lived because as the classic mythology goes, Ragnarok was very important, and naturally makes a good plot point, so they couldn't make Asgardians "immortal" in one sense because in that context such thing as a Ragnarok couldn't occur. That also being said Ragnorak was but a cycle. Marvel has its own cycle, even Galactus dies and is replaced, even the (Marvel) Universe (which generally follows the Big Bang then Big Crunch theories) "ends" and "restarts" so you know... relativity.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

@joshmightbe said:

@callmebigo: Asgardians aren't immortal just long lived and have the ability to be easily resurrected

This basically explains it easily enough.

Remember OF Thor? He willed himself back alive xD

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By New_World_Order

Yes, but he would be weaker

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @Valtot: Thor is half elder god, so he does have the potential to be stronger than Odin, Agamatto was a half elder god, and he beat galactus and dormammu, so if Thor is near as powerful, he would be quite stronger than Odin

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.