Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Can hulk crush mjolnir and kill thor thread on the hulk forum

• 51 results
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cmartin

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/can-hulk-break-mjolnir-and-kill-thor/92-741799/#7

I blame marvel for all the crazed fan boys

but the way marvel write the hulk.... coule he crush mjlonir (shakes head) comics have reached a sad day

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Walker696

I strongly doubt it, the day Marvel allows him to do it is the day Hulk has gotten to strong or Thor has gotten to weak. Mjlonir is one of the strongest weapons in Marvel and above that its magic which adds a level of durability that Hulk shouldn't be able to surpass, because if that was the case then he should have been able to get strong enough to lift it by now.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gravitypress

I would say it is very possible with the current head of Marvel.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cmartin

@gravitypress said:

I would say it is very possible with the current head of Marvel.

sadly tis true......

someone posted a couple scans of thor weilding mjolnir ... coming in april....

i just cannot fathom why marvel hs taken this direction

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gravitypress

@cmartin: someone posted a couple scans ofHulkweilding mjolnir ... coming in april....

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA
    sorry... i just had to lol
    sorry... i just had to lol
    RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@gravitypress said:

@cmartin: someone posted a couple scans ofHulkweilding mjolnir ... coming in april....

Mind you find said scans and if you would be so kind, please show it to me? Please and thank you.

Old_Chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Old_Chris

If I'm not mistaken he did that in a non cannon issue where the fight happened in Hulk's head, so it doesn't count.

However, I wouldn't be too surprised if they let Hulk do it nowadays. When is the war of egos with Marvel's writers and editorial staff going to end?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Pyrogram

@SoA: That was a drean

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By SoA

@Pyrogram: i know :)

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JimTheSurfer

I don't get all this fuss about Hulk. I think he's just a huge, green dude with anger management issues...

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cmartin

@JimTheSurfer said:

I don't get all this fuss about Hulk. I think he's just a huge, green dude with anger management issues...

you dont get it.. te fuss about ulk is this.....

question : can hulk rip the sun in half

Hulk fan answer: if e gets mad enough he can do it

this is what the recklessness of marvel as wrought.... basically writers write hulk as been all power full never gets tired impervious to injury... and gets stronger with no limit...

so technically it can be argued he cn do anything... break the universe.... worldbreaker....(rolls eyes)

like i said someone posted scans of hulk weiding mjolnir... maybe he got mad enough....

I HATE marvel with a passion... they have ruined what stan lee created

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I don't hate the Hulk...just his writers and fans.

Learn your place green guy, below gods...

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By boostergold321

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

What?! You hate Stan Lee?!

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boostergold321 said:

What?! You hate Stan Lee?!

Well, If Stan Lee write comics with a lot of BS, then yes, if not, good for him, I've heard the guy is good, but, I don't follow the writers, I follow the comics.

"Screw whoever is the writer, if the story is good, I'm fine with it."

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sinfulplayerx
    No Caption Provided
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cmartin

@Sinfulplayerx said:

No Caption Provided

yes and there is another scan of hulk smashing frost giants with it.....

seriously marvel may as well shelf all other heroes and just have the hulk..... he beat them all, without even breating hard in WWh

why even have other heroes....

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Have to wait untill the issue comes out to judge for myself. I would think that if there was anyone.....anyone at all who cuold be strong enough to circumvent the hammers magic....it would be him, but there's no way he would get Thors power because he is not worthy. Then again..... presenting "Marvel Now's".........."The Mighty Indestructible Hulk.... God of Thunder".......... wait till you see his ThunderClap Now.

No Caption Provided
    JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@cmartin said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

this is what the recklessness of marvel as wrought.... basically writers write hulk as been all power full never gets tired impervious to injury... and gets stronger with no limit...

so technically it can be argued he cn do anything... break the universe.... worldbreaker....(rolls eyes)

like i said someone posted scans of hulk weiding mjolnir... maybe he got mad enough....

Thanks, I get it now. It's like Batman with enough prep, just this time Hulk with enough anger, lol.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cmartin

@JimTheSurfer said:

@cmartin said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

Thanks, I get it now. It's like Batman with enough prep, just this time Hulk with enough anger, lol.

exactly....

completely ridiculous

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sommyt

NOO. I highly doubt it

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cmartin

@Sinfulplayerx said:

Have to wait untill the issue comes out to judge for myself. I would think that if there was anyone.....anyone at all who cuold be strong enough to circumvent the hammers magic....it would be him, but there's no way he would get Thors power because he is not worthy. Then again..... presenting "Marvel Now's".........."The Mighty Indestructible Hulk.... God of Thunder".......... wait till you see his ThunderClap Now.

No Caption Provided

clearly hulk won because there he is with thors hammer..

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlackWind

Exactly. No matter what, Hulk will forever remain a fighter who can only punch stuff into oblivion.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HaveAtThee

The Hulk is rather boring as a character. Unless you have Hulk be a bit more coherent, there's only so many times I can read "HULK SMASH!" I like the direction Mark Waid is going in, but I DESPERATELY hope that he and the Legendary Walt Simonson aren't just creating a story solely for the purpose of Hulk lifting and wielding Mjolnir. Even if it's because Thor has the flu and lets Hulk borrow it. The power of Thor is about being a worthy soul. A huge rage monster, I don't think so.

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Walker696

I must admit I once bought into the Hulk hype but as stated they make him as strong as he needs to be, when Thor was first created he was made to be stronger then Hulk and due to writing and popularity Thor is written like a feather weight against him (I vomited a little when reading Fear Itself when Thor said he could never beat him). Thor has literally stood against Galactus, elder Gods, and other planet busting threats and never admitted he couldn't win, but just to stroke the Hulk fans he says it to him. Thing about magic is that it doesn't apply to basic rules, if its a spell I don't care how angry or strong you get you shouldn't be able to over come it. Since WWH I've been gradually beginning to dislike Hulk simply because now questions like this seem plauseable due to how he's written.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@HaveAtThee said:

The Hulk is rather boring as a character. Unless you have Hulk be a bit more coherent, there's only so many times I can read "HULK SMASH!" I like the direction Mark Waid is going in, but I DESPERATELY hope that he and the Legendary Walt Simonson aren't just creating a story solely for the purpose of Hulk lifting and wielding Mjolnir. Even if it's because Thor has the flu and lets Hulk borrow it. The power of Thor is about being a worthy soul. A huge rage monster, I don't think so.

I swear. if hulk lifts it I rage quit marvel.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cmartin

@Walker696 said:

I must admit I once bought into the Hulk hype but as stated they make him as strong as he needs to be, when Thor was first created he was made to be stronger then Hulk and due to writing and popularity Thor is written like a feather weight against him (I vomited a little when reading Fear Itself when Thor said he could never beat him). Thor has literally stood against Galactus, elder Gods, and other planet busting threats and never admitted he couldn't win, but just to stroke the Hulk fans he says it to him. Thing about magic is that it doesn't apply to basic rules, if its a spell I don't care how angry or strong you get you shouldn't be able to over come it. Since WWH I've been gradually beginning to dislike Hulk simply because now questions like this seem plauseable due to how he's written.

this is exactly how i feel

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By boostergold321

Stan Lee was trying to outdo his previous creations, the Fantastic Four and the first planetary threat, the Hulk.

Obviously a lot of people claiming to be fans know nothing of the characters because it was the Hulk who was Marvel's the first planetary threat, not Thor. Thor came after.

Lee wondered if he could made a hero smarter than Mister Fantastic and stronger than the strongest man, the Hulk. His answer was God. But since he couldn't have a comic starring God as the superhero he turned to the mythological gods like the Norse, and came up with his own adaptation of the Norse thunder god,Thor.

The biggest problem comics fans have is this:

1. Not truly knowing or Misinterpretation the comics as well not knowing when to ignore little inconsistencies made by writers that goes against common sense as well and what's shown in comics.

2. Misquoting writers and the comic company employees

3. Not knowing the three basic laws of motion as well as basing arguments on logic fallacies(misinformation, nonsense, lies and hypocrisy).

Whining about Hulk being the strongest just shows the fakeness of those who call themselves fans. So, what if he can't destroy the Hulk?!. While there are a handful with the power to defeat Hulk, no one can destroy him. Thor is still a viking warrior and he's not a wimp compared to Hulk . The people spitting and pissing at Marvel for making Hulk the strongest, shows that don't really like Thor, they like a the world strongest man and they want Thor to be that man when he is not. It's like some people are saying "God forbid Hulk be superior to Thor in any department" and "how dare Marvel have the Hulk be known as power incarnate, an unstoppable force of nature".

And to those who say Hulk can't stand up to a spacial singularity, think again:

planetary level threats in Marvel and DC comics a have been shown doing this so the Hulk isn't the only one who the black hole trick wouldn't work on. It won't work on Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Silver Surfer, Superman, the supermen archetypes or of those in the planet. buster category of power. These characters have been shown shatter they force of a spatial singularity with strength that is superior to them. There's a reason why those of the planer-buster powerlevel don't hope to win a fight by throwing their opponent of the same powerlevel into a black hole or the sun: IT DOESN'T WORK ON THEM!!!

Draining all of Hulk's energy, including his human side, is not passive action and will cause the Hulk to resist using the infinite pool of energy at his disposal. Simply put, when fighting the Hulk, going for the kill is not an option and only makes things worse. so long as his body is under stress he won't power-down so trying to calm him down peacefully, give him a sedative and lull him to sleep but doing anything to threaten his well-being is very bad idea.

Hulk is power personified. So long as his body being strained by himself or others he'll continue and rise to any challenge. If you have problem with that then stop reading Marvel comics. Let's all Man-up people! I didn't rage-quit when Thor had the moment of PIS at the end of Siege. If I can do that then you can stay a fan even when Hulk does something perfectly acceptable such as lifting mjolnir due to being worthy enough or growing powerful enough to break an enchantment made by a skyfather.

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@HaveAtThee said:

I swear. if hulk lifts it I rage quit marvel.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By boostergold321

Also, for those who don't know, here's something to help shed light on the confusion of differing powerlevels among the most powerful characters:

The classification name of “100 class” is barely explained and only came into use around the 1990’s but here it simply put: the classification of 100 lass applies to Anyone who can press an amount of tonswithin the triple digits and beyond. Whether you only have the bare minimum strength of 100 men(being able to lift 100 tons) or the strength of a trillion or more, all of that fits within 100 ton class strength. It's a very general category that holds more than one subcategory of powerlevels.

HERE ARE THE SUBCATEGORIES OF POWERLEVELS WITHIN THE BROADER CATEGORY OF 100 CLASS STRENGTH:

100 class-low tier: typically more powerful than a locomotive(because train engines can carry 100 and thousands of tons) but nothing beyond that.

For example, to directly indicate the limits of this power level: Characters on this powerlevel can't take anything above anti-tank missiles, meaning they aren't tough enough withstand or exert forces on the magnitude of a nuclear bomb and beyond. Character examples: The Thing and Namor were the first 100 class-non-planet buster characters.

100class-mid tier:

Ironman is this because he's powered by a miniaturized nuclear reactor but his power in not quite as great as Thor and the Hulk.

100class-planet buster: More powerful than an atomic bomb. Some are even classified on this level as the least of their power.

Character examples: Hercules, Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman and superman archetypes,etc.

Those within this category who excel beyond it would most obviously be Thor (through the Odin force), Hulk (through his universal energy absorbsion in response to stress) and Silver Surfer(Universal energy absorbsion.)

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Mark Waid is generally a pretty good writer. More then that, I doubt Walt Simonson, the man who more or less made Thor the character he is today, would make Thor into an embarrassment or ignore much of the Thor mythology that he helped create. So with the two of them at the creative helm I doubt we'll have Hulk picking up mjornir and discrediting much of Thor's history.

Then again, Marvel's current editorial staff are hacks and might force bad editorial changes from above.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By GreenScar1990

@boostergold321 said:

Stan Lee was trying to outdo his previous creations, the Fantastic Four and the first planetary threat, the Hulk.

Obviously a lot of people claiming to be fans know nothing of the characters because it was the Hulk who was Marvel's the first planetary threat, not Thor. Thor came after.

Lee wondered if he could made a hero smarter than Mister Fantastic and stronger than the strongest man, the Hulk. His answer was God. But since he couldn't have a comic starring God as the superhero he turned to the mythological gods like the Norse, and came up with his own adaptation of the Norse thunder god,Thor.

The biggest problem comics fans have is this:

1. Not truly knowing or Misinterpretation the comics as well not knowing when to ignore little inconsistencies made by writers that goes against common sense as well and what's shown in comics.

2. Misquoting writers and the comic company employees

3. Not knowing the three basic laws of motion as well as basing arguments on logic fallacies(misinformation, nonsense, lies and hypocrisy).

Whining about Hulk being the strongest just shows the fakeness of those who call themselves fans. So, what if he can't destroy the Hulk?!. While there are a handful with the power to defeat Hulk, no one can destroy him. Thor is still a viking warrior and he's not a wimp compared to Hulk . The people spitting and pissing at Marvel for making Hulk the strongest, shows that don't really like Thor, they like a the world strongest man and they want Thor to be that man when he is not. It's like some people are saying "God forbid Hulk be superior to Thor in any department" and "how dare Marvel have the Hulk be known as power incarnate, an unstoppable force of nature".

And to those who say Hulk can't stand up to a spacial singularity think again:

planetary level threats in Marvel and DC comics a have been shown doing this so the Hulk isn't the only one who the black hole trick wouldn't work on. It won't work on Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Silver Surfer, Superman, the supermen archetypes or of those in the planet. buster category of power. These characters have been shown shatter they force of a spatial singularity with strength that is superior to them. There's a reason why those of the planer-buster powerlevel don't hope to win a fight by throwing their opponent of the same powerlevel into a black hole or the sun: IT DOESN'T WORK ON THEM!!!

Draining all of Hulk's energy, including his human side, is not passive action and will cause the Hulk to resist using the infinite pool of energy at his disposal. Simply put, when fighting the Hulk, going for the kill is not an option and only makes things worse. so long as his body is under stress he won't power-down so trying to calm him down peacefully, give him a sedative and lull him to sleep but doing anything to threaten his well-being is very bad idea.

Hulk is power personified. So long as his body being strained by himself or others he'll continue and rise to any challenge. If you have problem with that then stop reading Marvel comics. Let's all Man-up people! I didn't rage-quit when Thor had the moment of PIS at the end of Siege. If I can do that then you can stay a fan even when Hulk does something perfectly acceptable such as lifting mjolnir due to being worthy enough or growing powerful enough to break an enchantment made by a skyfather.

Could have said it better myself. Those that're complaining about Hulk and demanding that Thor be the strongest are not true fans of the Thunder God. I'm gonna be honest here. I like and respect Thor. He's not my favorite Marvel hero, but I do enjoy his comic series.

Tell me your opinion on this.

I'll try to sum up what a good friend of mine, JaxtheJester over at Marvel.com, who is a fan of both Hulk & Thor, informed me and others on the subject.

I can see an intelligent Hulk lifting the hammer for a noble purpose. I could defend the notion of the Green Scar Hulk in "Planet Hulk", or a similar incarnation lifting Thor's hammer to save the Nine Realms, for example. I'm hoping that this is a sign that we are soon to see a smarter Hulk that is worthy enough to wield Thor's hammer Mjolnir.

There are a couple of ways this could go down (if it does go down):

1. We may finally see a talking, motivated, intelligent Hulk in Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk. One that fits the above scenario and is a worthy “Viking Warrior” in the eye of Odin.

2. We may see Hulk amp up to the point that he breaks Odin's enchantment and lifts the hammer of his own volition. However, my main concern with this is that this should only occur if Hulk is hitting insane WB levels of power.

Now, the plot would need to be well written, and extremely intense, with Hulk at crazy levels of power for true buy-in. If Hulk once again grows strong enough to shatter worlds just by walking on them, then Marvel could sell the idea of Hulk overpowering such a legendary magical force, and thus be able to lift Mjolnir.

There needs to be a VERY strong motivator at play to sell why he would be able to break a Pantheon Leader's (and one of Marvel’s most iconic) enchantments. It should take epic levels of power for him to do so. Judging from the character of the Hulk and his unique powerset, I do believe it is very possible for he could warp reality and overcome Mjolnir's enchantment. But I expect the writer, Mark Waid, to show us what would drive the Hulk to that level of power.

However, if Marvel's current think-tank allows modern Hulk to simply growl a few times and then lift Mjolnir with a smile, with no explanation as to how this occurred, and without first having him hit levels of rage that are akin to Heart of the Monster…

Then Marvel would do Thor an immense injustice.

And they would bring a level of heat down on the Jade Giant that would likewise do Hulk fans an immense injustice.

I believe that Hulk's potential along with his past feats of directly affecting magic with his bare hands would allow for such a feat to occur if written correctly. Limitless potential is just that. But that said; if Hulk amps up enough to lift Mjolnir, then he really should be stronger, at least World-Breaker levels of sheer power, than any version of Hulk that has tried the same in the past and failed.

Bottom line.

I'm hoping that the story arch is either written very well if it's a strength feat; or it is a sign of the return of an intelegent and worthy Hulk akin to what we all enjoyed near the end of Greg Pak's "Planet Hulk".

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HaveAtThee

Hulk using sheer strength based on raw anger totally eliminates any reason for an enchantment on Mjolnir. My main concern has nothing to do with any type of strength debate between the two characters. I just find it in poor taste to just completely discard decades of Marvel canon to create a cool moment in a relatively throwaway arc for The Hulk. Even serious Hulk fans would agree. I like the idea of a more coherent and thoughtful Hulk rather than just a brute who Banner is "steering" in the right direction. An unsaid aspect of this story is that Bruce Banner and a team of SHIELD scientists just decide to take a field trip to Jotunheim. It just seems rather forced to give the Hulk's title a major credibility boost at the rather large expense of Asgard and (in particular) Thor.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fifthchild

@HaveAtThee said:

Hulk using sheer strength based on raw anger totally eliminates any reason for an enchantment on Mjolnir. My main concern has nothing to do with any type of strength debate between the two characters. I just find it in poor taste to just completely discard decades of Marvel canon to create a cool moment in a relatively throwaway arc for The Hulk. Even serious Hulk fans would agree. I like the idea of a more coherent and thoughtful Hulk rather than just a brute who Banner is "steering" in the right direction. An unsaid aspect of this story is that Bruce Banner and a team of SHIELD scientists just decide to take a field trip to Jotunheim. It just seems rather forced to give the Hulk's title a major credibility boost at the rather large expense of Asgard and (in particular) Thor.

From what we've seen so far I'm pretty sure

1. Banner/Hulk/SHIELD travel Jotenheim/Asgard in the past and encounter a much earlier Thor, possibly before Thor was worthy to wield Mjolnir or maybe when the enchantment is not in place.
    2. Hulk will end up lifting the hammer.
    3. He wont lift it through sheer strength.

Perhaps the enchantment will be overcome/negated by Banner tech or as an accidental result of the experiment that seems to land them in the past in Jotenheim.

Supposedly Thor & Hulk "fight to see who is worthy to wield Mjolnir" o_0

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Have to wait an see. Depending how they write it it could be an awesome moment for both Thor and Hulk..... or it could be the next up and coming epic flame war in the forums. The milk is still on the table.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheDude123

Yeah. He can at least damage it. Mjolnir has been chipped and broken a lot. Too bad Odin didn't give it an indestructible enchantment along with the only-the-worthy-can-lift-it enchantment.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pyrogram

@TheSwordsman said:

Yeah. He can at least damage it. Mjolnir has been chipped and broken a lot. Too bad Odin didn't give it an indestructible enchantment along with the only-the-worthy-can-lift-it enchantment.

No one on hulk's level has done anything to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
    deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No. Probably not.

soundjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By soundjam

Cap's shield is supposed to be unbreakable, yet it gets broken. And when the story calls for it I really don't care. Continuity is great and one of the reason's I like marvel. At the same time, the story comes first.

Don't think of it as a knock towards Thor, think of it as something new. With 50+ plus years of continuity, there isn't much new that can happen with the marvel U. So maybe its ok if Ock takes over Parker's body, maybe its ok if the Avengers start working more with the X-Men. And just maybe its ok that Hulk is able to lift Mjolnir if the occasion calls for it.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By boostergold321

@soundjam said:

Cap's shield is supposed to be unbreakable, yet it gets broken. And when the story calls for it I really don't care. Continuity is great and one of the reason's I like marvel. At the same time, the story comes first.

Don't think of it as a knock towards Thor, think of it as something new. With 50+ plus years of continuity, there isn't much new that can happen with the marvel U. So maybe its ok if Ock takes over Parker's body, maybe its ok if the Avengers start working more with the X-Men. And just maybe its ok that Hulk is able to lift Mjolnir if the occasion calls for it.

I agree. Only in extreme situations, since that is how Hulk's power works after all.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@soundjam: No, it is not okay. The thing about cap's shield is, yes, it is supposed to be unbreakable, but it is also man made. The only people you ever see breaking it are people above earth/mortal status. Having Hulk (a human) break Odin's (a skyfather) enchantment is just ridiculous. Where is it going to end?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HaveAtThee

Only thing I can think of is that Thor lets him borrow it or something. If they had built up a moment like this over a long period of time and specifically created a crossover between the two titles to where Banner/Hulk becomes worthy enough to finally lift it, I wouldn't be too annoyed. I just fail to see the value in throwing out the moment randomly without much backstory.

I'm actually interested in this little crossover and I think it would be neat to see Hulk and Thor teaming up for a change. They are technically teammates after all.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HaveAtThee: I actually wouldn't mind a team up myself. After the piece of crap Avengers Assemble that came out, which basically had Hulk beat Thor and steal his lunch money, I'd like to see something where the two are at least recognized as peers.

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrPhoenix

I seriously doubt Hulk will lift it full stop, the Avengers Assemble issue#4 had Hulk wielding Mjolnir on its cover,

but it didn't happen like that at all. Its probably just to get fans excited.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By evilvegeta74

@cmartin said:

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/can-hulk-break-mjolnir-and-kill-thor/92-741799/#7

I blame marvel for all the crazed fan boys

but the way marvel write the hulk.... coule he crush mjlonir (shakes head) comics have reached a sad day

No, to put it simply!

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Epicbeast3000

Never ever ever ever ever Hulk could do that. The day that happens, I am gonna become a dc fanboy.

osarumen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By osarumen

@SoA: this is actually a what if comic. hulk cannot and will never breaker thors hammer. the only hammer hulk can lift is the one of ultimate universe, which Hyperion lifted. so i doubt hulk can lift thors hammer because its an enchanted hammer come on. although i believe hulk can defeat thor quite obviously. but hulk will not want to lift thors hammer, because hulk knows that the hammer is meant for thor, not for him. hulk is supprisenly smart.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

he shouldn't be allowed to. but they allow THOR haters to write THOR and have him beat.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is more powerful, but Hulk is physically stronger. Well with growing strength that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.