Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Can Current thor beat wolverine without his hammer or lightning

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram said:

@pastepotpete: Thor is a thousand+ tonner if he bumped into wolverine hard enough it would send him flying miles. Basic physics.

sounds good on paper.... but the way marvel writes thor without his hammer he is nothing

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@cmartin said:

@pyrogram said:

@pastepotpete: Thor is a thousand+ tonner if he bumped into wolverine hard enough it would send him flying miles. Basic physics.

sounds good on paper.... but the way marvel writes thor without his hammer he is nothing

Bullsh!t we both know that's not true.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's dangerous. If Thor gets a hold of Wolverine's arms, that's that. But he'll be risking adamantium claws to the face. He's tough enough to take slashes, but he probably doesn't want to take a stab to the jugular or anything like that. He's got other ways to win though, he could open the ground beneath Wolverine and close it on him like he did Loki.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one-shots him

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

of course.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's dangerous. If Thor gets a hold of Wolverine's arms, that's that. But he'll be risking adamantium claws to the face. He's tough enough to take slashes, but he probably doesn't want to take a stab to the jugular or anything like that. He's got other ways to win though, he could open the ground beneath Wolverine and close it on him like he did Loki.

After seeing what Thor has gone through fighting Gorr (who has stabbed him repeatedly), he could easily survive multiple slashes from Wolverine and still one-shot him. Anyway, I still can't believe this is a topic.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By cmartin

@fernando072295reborn said:

After seeing what Thor has gone through fighting Gorr (who has stabbed him repeatedly), he could easily survive multiple slashes from Wolverine and still one-shot him. Anyway, I still can't believe this is a topic.

maybe you should go look at the thor vs wolverine.. scans...

personally.. thor should be able to easily murder wolverine.....

but the way writers write him..... not must strength fighting skill and always needing mjlonir and lightning

theoutbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Thor fly without his hammer? If not, is he strong enough to throw Wolverine out of Earths atmosphere?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: To the chest, stomach, and parts like that. But even he doesn't want to get stabbed in the face is what I'm saying. It'll be tough, and to be honest they way it would end up would be Thor grabbing both of Wolverine's arms in one hand and beating him senseless with the other, but he shouldn't underestimate Wolverine.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: maybe you should look at Wolverine's history and who he's cut with those claws. True enough, slashes don't do much to Thor, and it takes multiple strikes to hurt him, but if we accept that (and I do) we need to be careful since that story also portrays Thor as basically a statue to Wolverine (which I disagree with it) It's not a good comic to go by in any regard. Also, I'm like the biggest Thor fan on this forum lol. I hardly need to brush up on him.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love them both, but I just can't see Wolverine pulling this off.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: It was in Thor: GoT #9. Instant classic. Young Thor, with a regular hammer, blasted Gorr through a wormhole thanks to the force of the blow. Avenger Thor was punching Gorr so hard a nearby planet (yes, planet) began to self-destruct, and Thor rushed to prevent the entire thing from exploding. It was a pretty remarkable scene, complete with the planet's inhabitants overjoyed at Thor's heroism. So, yea, Wolverine doesn't really stand a chance (as he shouldn't, he's way out of his league).

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: It was in Thor: GoT #9. Instant classic. Young Thor, with a regular hammer, blasted Gorr through a wormhole thanks to the force of the blow. Avenger Thor was punching Gorr so hard a nearby planet (yes, planet) began to self-destruct, and Thor rushed to prevent the entire thing from exploding. It was a pretty remarkable scene, complete with the planet's inhabitants overjoyed at Thor's heroism. So, yea, Wolverine doesn't really stand a chance (as he shouldn't, he's way out of his league).

sounds epic I dont have that issue as yet

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Why Marvel? Why? Wolverine issue 7. I have to read it to understand this crap.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

when i asked this question some people though i was trolling..... further evidence marvel has no respect for thor....

the writers are a joke.....

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin: What the f***!!! That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By phisigmatau

the inconsistency of marvel is maddening.

what the hell,

whatever.. im not watching the wolverine movie any additional times

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#122 SC  Moderator

@phisigmatau: @thegodofthunder: @cmartin: @omegared86:

I would not personally worry too much about that scene, Wolverine had lost his healing factor and had been upset and acting a bit emotional. Like earlier in that issue he cut his face a bunch of times shaving and was worried about it and was starting to consider buying a safety razor like a 13 year old boy in his words. He was really sad a lot that whole issue, having trouble coping with the fact he was mortal and could feel pain (a bit too much if you ask me anyway) and that scene was Thor trying to console and make sure Wolverine was okay. Wolverine sucker punched him because he didn't want Thor's pity and he was upset because Asgardians and Thor are immortal and would live forever and so it reminded him that he would die. Thor basically smiles after that scene and compliments Wolverine and compliments humans for their ability to their ability to take risks everyday for each other even though death is a common danger. He basically humbled Wolverine with praise.

That and the restaurant they were in keep mead just in case Thor ever visited and the waitress was fan girling over him as well. Those were kind of cool moments heh heh - hope that helps.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: thanks beemo

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By warlock360

Thor sticks his head in a sink and drowns him.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc:

Very good post, SC. My problem with it: I don't like those two being in the same bar let alone comic, Thor has taken hits from missiles, magic, and 100 toners, but a sucker punch from Wolverine dropping him is lane.

But still a great post by SC and now I don't have to read it to know what happened afterwards.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@phisigmatau: @thegodofthunder: @cmartin: @omegared86:

I would not personally worry too much about that scene, Wolverine had lost his healing factor and had been upset and acting a bit emotional. Like earlier in that issue he cut his face a bunch of times shaving and was worried about it and was starting to consider buying a safety razor like a 13 year old boy in his words. He was really sad a lot that whole issue, having trouble coping with the fact he was mortal and could feel pain (a bit too much if you ask me anyway) and that scene was Thor trying to console and make sure Wolverine was okay. Wolverine sucker punched him because he didn't want Thor's pity and he was upset because Asgardians and Thor are immortal and would live forever and so it reminded him that he would die. Thor basically smiles after that scene and compliments Wolverine and compliments humans for their ability to their ability to take risks everyday for each other even though death is a common danger. He basically humbled Wolverine with praise.

That and the restaurant they were in keep mead just in case Thor ever visited and the waitress was fan girling over him as well. Those were kind of cool moments heh heh - hope that helps.

they would never have wolverine floor hulk with a punch... this is what i continually talk about when it comes to marvel writers they have no respect for thor... hes just used as a jobber...wolverine, just punched and floored one of the strongest beings in the universe..... marvel is just slapstick disney now.... long live dc

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They shouldn't be eye to eye either. wolverine is 5'3 and thor is 6'6

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

@omegared86 said:
    No Caption Provided

exactly... i really hate how marvel shits on thor.... makes thor a bufoon a jobber, old school thor or classic thor was epic... nwadays he a a jober... he is WEAK withut his hammer... screw marvel

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

@dayvid3 said:

@omegared86 said:
    No Caption Provided

exactly... i really hate how marvel shits on thor.... makes thor a bufoon a jobber, old school thor or classic thor was epic... nwadays he a a jober... he is WEAK withut his hammer... screw marvel

lol you're so awesome cmartin you be crackin me up

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing wrong with that panel is that Wolverine should have fractured his knuckles and hand landing on Thor's face. One would think that an Olympic weightlifter could clock Thor or some such nonsense.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this means wolverine is a planet buster in power level now?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 SC  Moderator

@omegared86: Thanks and I agree, like Thor has been punched by far far stronger and barely flinched let alone moved. Rogue with Ms Marvel's powers punched him and his flying trajectory remained the same. Oh and you know what bothered me? Thor looked like he had his yellow boots on!!?!?! Heh heh - oh and to the poster talking about height, I agree! I think it might look that way because Thor was seated and Wolverine stood up. Maybe - the art was a blot inconsistent throughout anyway.

Anyway I am okay with the scene, but I am also a Wolverine fan, so to me the scene was sweet almost, like two badass grandpa's and one of them consoling the other grandpa (I say grandpa because Wolverine and Thor are both in excess of 100 years old) Usually its Wolverine that is the one giving advice and comfort to younger characters, so it was interesting to see him so vulnerable and seeing one of the few characters that is older than him attempting to console him. I got some more scans if you hadn't seen them.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SC  Moderator

@cmartin said:

I can empathize with your frustration, comic writers are inconsistent and they don't seem to have a good knowledge or grasp of what can make some characters appealing to fans, and this is where our ability to try and communicate with them what we want and why they should give it to us comes into play. Also that being said it was only a few months ago that Wolverine did this to Hulk.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This was also a suckerpunch attack by Wolverine but Hulk spent far longer on the ground. Thor isn't the only one that has to take a few bumps now and then though is what I mean. I can empathize and sympathize with you though. Hey at least Aaron's run is fun yes? ^_^

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By OmegaRed86

Sigh. Marvel, you do things that causes me to stroke out.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: That was actually quite an empathetic scene. The person who is a few thousand years old and will live until who knows when consoling the man who is about a century and a half old. Other than the goofy sucker-punch scene (which really wasn't needed), that was a nice character moment for both Thor and Logan, but especially Logan.

If I were to write someone like Logan trying to punch someone like Thor, I'd have it be done like when Batman threw Superman a punch filled with grief after Jason Todd's death. Supes rolled with it on purpose and his reaction was that of shock at how grief-stricken and angry Bruce had become that he even thought of punching Supes. The above scene with Logan and Thor would've been more fun if Logan, who is brooding over his mortality, punched Thor and hurt himself in the process. Makes Thor look like more of an actual powerhouse and it adds depth to the whole scene of Logan coming to grips with the loss of his healing power.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By bigcimmerian

If they fought with no morals, then Thor just rips him apart and throws his pieces to the sun.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By bigcimmerian

@dayvid3 said:

@omegared86 said:
    No Caption Provided

How the hell did this happen? Don't worry Wonder Woman was one shotted by Batman. Everybody has low end showings.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#138  Edited By Lvenger

Yes Thor can win without Mjolnir or lighting. He's shown to be durable enough to Wolverine's claws and he endured Gorr's blade attacks in God of Thunder 9. One ground pound and Wolverine is either KOed or vulnerable to a one shotting by Thor.

And before I get accused of contradicting myself on the speed argument, it only works for foes that are close to Thor's physical strength class and have the striking power to actually hurt him. That's why Thor loses so many battles when put up against the DC powerhouses.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By evilvegeta74

@pyrogram said:

Current Thor easily.

100% correct and then some!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By phisigmatau

@lvenger said:

Yes Thor can win without Mjolnir or lighting. He's shown to be durable enough to Wolverine's claws and he endured Gorr's blade attacks in God of Thunder 9. One ground pound and Wolverine is either KOed or vulnerable to a one shotting by Thor.

And before I get accused of contradicting myself on the speed argument, it only works for foes that are close to Thor's physical strength class and have the striking power to actually hurt him. That's why Thor loses so many battles when put up against the DC powerhouses.

Thor can manuever and strike at light speed.

Read Gorr vs the 3 Thors again. He was dodging stars while going lightspeed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Perhaps you should read that issue again Alyssabird. Yes I know it's you. Same AV and same biased reasoning on Thor. Just a different user name. Anyway it said "Stars flickered in his wake." Tell me, how does that count as dodging stars? He just travelled at FTL speeds past them, there's no reason or evidence to think he dodged them.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@phisigmatau said:

@lvenger said:

Perhaps you should read that issue again Alyssabird. Yes I know it's you. Same AV and same biased reasoning on Thor. Just a different user name. Anyway it said "Stars flickered in his wake." Tell me, how does that count as dodging stars? He just travelled at FTL speeds past them, there's no reason or evidence to think he dodged them.

ultimate facepalm, but that was a good laugh.

you were right about the speed comment.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine stomps

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentofchaos1: We get that you hate Thor and his fans just STOP the Troll behavior.

@sc: Is this behavior acceptable in comicvine?

No Caption Provided
    Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@asgaard said:

@agentofchaos1: We get that you hate Thor and his fans just STOP the Troll behavior.

No Caption Provided

And if you could also do something about his alts....

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@asgaard said:

No Caption Provided

And if you could also do something about his alts....

He is an alt of Foreverevil...

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SC  Moderator

@agentofchaos1: Hello. Never talk about fellow fans as being idiots or retarded. Also by the way also do not bump multiple variations of the same thread. You will be karma banned for two days. Make sure when you return to CV to be less hostile and antagonistic and also again do not go around bumping similar threads, especially to disparage fans of a character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.