Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Can anyone tell me Who all has lifted Thor's Hammer?

• 85 results
    Neogamebuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this topic is old but I remember spiderman 2099 was worthy enough to lift it

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
    MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A paramedic

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

The Meastro has apparently lifted it in Future Imperfect. (Bottom left corner).

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By The_jackolantern

I've lifted it. It was in the middle of the road and I was driving. Had to get out and move it out the way.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't what Storm lifted something created by Loki?

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_bandit said:

@Caligula

said:

" @castleking said:
    "Hulk?!

i know Cap has so has eric masterson by thor's order.

Edit: Drax has against thor's hammer's will/enchantment. but it quickly flew from his grasp. "
    Hulk picked it up for a few seconds through shear force in Ultimate Avengers. He wasn't able to hold it very long, and to my knowledge he is the only person to have done it without being worthy "

But he did threw it very easily in that movie. I was like: "WTF! 2 second ago he could hardly lift it and then he grabbed it with one hand and threw it like if it was nothing!"

yeah but he was all junked up on some goofy serum so theres no telling what his strength was at the time he completely demolished the avengers I love that scene and then he gets poked with a tiny capsule of sedative and goes down what in the hell kinda bull is that

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya hulk have lifted i think twise

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By hulksmash134
    hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By hulksmash134
    Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Thurdazz1313
    No Caption Provided

Those who have lifted the Hammer(Wielding Thor's Power) & still can no B.S., loop holes, special circumstance the true worthy. Tiwaz (Buri),Bor, Odin, Crom,Magni,Modi,Zues, Wodan,Beta ray Bill, Dr.Don Blake,Sigerd Jarlson,Eric Masterson, Captain America, Eric "Red" Norvell, Jake Olsen, Wonder Woman, Dargo Ktor,Conan , Hercules& Thor Girl could possibly but never have! ,any non-sentient android/robot con pick up the Hammer but not access its power Awsome android, Destroyer, Sentinals are examples , Spiderman, Deadpool, Storm , & Ragnarok all lifted knock off hammers not the real Mjolnir (in Mainstream). Superman, Ironman, Red Hulk, The Hulk, Wonderman, using a loophole, special circumstance or depowered hammer(the Hulk), Now Drax ,Hephestos, Ulik ,Juggernaut, Current Hulk all appear to lift Mjolnir, But the hammer was returning to Thor they were just holding on at the time it either ripped away or drug them along the path of return or mentally commanded strike path

The Red Hulk used the Zero gravity loophole once back on solid ground his hands became pinned & Thor threated to leave him pinned & lets face this issue was about pushing the Red Hulk ,he would have to at least initially do well against Thor to make the Hulk beat down he took seem more epic. This is why Thor beats Him down in the rematch & so does the Original Hulk, After Both characters initial trouble handling the Red Hulk(Establishing that pecking order Boys & Girls!) "All of these examples are in Mainstream Marvel ,616 Reality & its future Timelines (Canon) . The Ultimate Universe Thor, What If comics, RandomCovers, & the mish mash of alternate realities were not covered "

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
    Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Crom in a What If?

No Caption Provided

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty sure people like hulk could force lift it, i mean it does have an actual weight. Odin's enchantment simply allows the worthy to lift it regardless, i also doubt people who lift it by force would have any of its magical abilities.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whosoever holds this Hammer if he be worthy in the eyes of the writer, shall posses the power of Thor!! :)

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol Captain America with mjolnir. 2 seconds after he picks it up he drops it on his foot and dies

LifeDragon72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Hulk did, he even flew with it like it was nothing.

Magneto could I think.

Hulk did, just barely. He picked it up for a few seconds then threw it. After that he couldn't do it again.

Super-man could, only like a few inches though x. x

That's all I know lol. Well, its like saying how Thor's hammer weighs half a billion tons and Thor can pick it up, its logic. Lol.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Red Hulk did, he even flew with it like it was nothing.

Magneto could I think.

Hulk did, just barely. He picked it up for a few seconds then threw it. After that he couldn't do it again.

Super-man could, only like a few inches though x. x

That's all I know lol. Well, its like saying how Thor's hammer weighs half a billion tons and Thor can pick it up, its logic. Lol.

Corrections:

Rhulk did not lift it. Loeb used legal trickery to justify it by saying that as long as Thor is holding the hammer the enchantment is negated. Once you get into space there is nothing for it to bond to so anyone can hold it, but they do not have access to its power.

I do not recall Magento ever lifting it.

Hulk never did. You are thinking of the Ulimate Avengers cartoon where the hammer has no worthiness enchantment.

Superman was a one time deal due to a built in emergency clause. When he tried to lift it again later he could not.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silly Hulk fans Ultimate versions are just dumbed down version of the original. Good try though.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has lifted it as well. When she used it to destroy stormcaster

Neemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Marvel Canon no one but Cap and Beta Ray have been found worthy to pick it up.

Thor was pinned to the ground and couldn't get to it so in time of great need it helped Cap.

When Thor met Beta Ray Bill and they fought. When Thor was seperated from Mjolnir and couln't get back to Mjolnir fast enough, Beta Ray Bill was walking to pick it up and because Thor was seperated from his hammer for more than 60 seconds he reverted back to Donald Blake. As Beta Ray Bill was trying to pick Mjolnir up it also reverted back into a walking cane because of the time lapse and when Beta Ray Bill saw the hammer was gone, he struck the cave wall with the cane in frustration making Mjolnir re-appear! Eric Masterson was the only person that Thor bypassed the Worthyness enchantment for since he can will Mjolnir to serve anyone he so wishes. Anything or anyone else is a lie! Anyone that counts crossovers where they have fan voted outcomes needs to get back on their medication...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By jhazzroucher

BUt Red Hulk did . I still want a scan before this though.

No Caption Provided

I want the scan before this. Did Rulk jump towards the sky? If he did then, he was able to lift the hammer

No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Crusader from a What if comic. She was the daughter of Rogue and Captain America. And Conan did as well in a what if comic. If alternate universes count. Also does Jake Olson count as well?

This is the list I found on the Marvel Wiki

Earth-616 reality

Alternate Reality (Non-canon)

There was also an alternate version of Black Widow that picked it up in AoU What If? Which I think is interesting because she seemed to be the same as 616 Widow, and Natasha has never tried to lift the hammer. Storm also wielded it in Uncanny X-Men Annual 9(1985). Also how could you forget Throg! Frog of Thunder!

ChumleyEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve Rogers uses when he was going by the name "The Captain". He was dressed like US Agent (US Agent was the new Captain America) and even had a different shield.

http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_America_(Steve_Rogers)#The_Captain

Alongside the Avengers; while battling the Egyptian death god Seth’s forces, he briefly wielded Thor’s hammer, proving his worthiness among only a few privileged to lift the enchanted weapon. More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_America_(Steve_Rogers)#ixzz3WZHA4rQl

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Spambot

Buri/Tiwaz lifted it in regular continuity during Simonson's run.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUt Red Hulk did . I still want a scan before this though.

No Caption Provided

I want the scan before this. Did Rulk jump towards the sky? If he did then, he was able to lift the hammer

No Caption Provided

yeah, but Thor is still holding onto it so he is the one actually lifting Mjolnir. Now had Thor simply let go while still within Earth's gravity Rulk would've dropped like a lead brick.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL that Red Hulk thing was so awful.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Air-walker (android version though)

Supreme Hyperion

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Erediore

I don't know why people doesn't realizes that Superman or Wonder Woman lifting the hammer, holds no weight to Marvel's 616 canon, so it should be counted as alternate reality. It's just beyond me, seriously!

Red Hulk thing is just beyond stupid, Loeb Force makes people talks in outer space and circumvent the laws of magic by scientific explanations...

@neemia said:
    Anyone that counts crossovers where they have fan voted outcomes needs to get back on their medication...

Bassically this ^

If anyone here have so much love for non-canon crossovers, picture this:

Superman couldn't lift Mjolnir.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

the ones that matter to me...

BETA RAY BILL

CAPTAIN AMERICA

BOR

ODIN

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Marvel would retcon every single soul (except for Bill) who has ever lifted that Hammer i swear to god.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Cates fix this in the Hammer Fall arc

SuperBrandDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SuperBrandDog

Ms.Marvel (Carol Danvers and I called her that because she was better as Ms.Marvel and it's a better superhero name)

No Caption Provided

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms.Marvel (Carol Danvers and I called her that because she was better as Ms.Marvel and it's a better superhero name)

No Caption Provided

She lifted it through gene splicing. In simpler term Thor's genetic code was infused with hers.. Is she worthy ? hell to the f$%king no.

That story is full of flaws, for one does not lift Mjolnir through the tampering of genes.

The minute Thor's gene burned out she couldn't lift it to save her life.

What a Mary Sue..

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superbranddog: sorry if I come off as rude, I really hate captain Marvel.

SuperBrandDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest Oh i just read it and I saw that she wasn't actually worthy but it was actually through a gene splicing

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.