Calling all Thor fans!

#1 Edited by LeonTh3Duke (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for this topic. (This will probably be something I say quite a bit as I get use to the forum, so bare with me here :P ) 

I'm relatively new, not just to the site, but to comics in general. As I search for what to read I find myself drawn to Thor which is why I've called upon all you Thor fans to help answer a question if you can or want to. That question being: For someone who is trying to invest a bit of time and money into Thor and is looking for something substantial to read, in terms of size or length but also quality, is the Walter Simonson Omnibus worth picking up, if someone wasn't worried about its price tag?  

I've read it is considered to be his 'greatest run ever' by some, but I'm interested in what fans here think, even if you haven't read it is it still something you plan to or want to read through? 

Thanks,  

LeonTh3Duke

#2 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur99 said:
Simonson is good however that Omnibus contains the Beta Ray Bill story which I thought was awful.   
I think the Eternal Saga story is one of Thor's finest and done by Simonson.  It takes place about 40-50 issues prior to that Omnibus starts. 

2 volumes. 

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-Eternals-Saga-Vol-Avengers/dp/0785124047/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315059786&sr=1-1
Wow, you don't like BRB either? I thought I was the only one. He's really popular on CV (as in, the people who know of him, like him)
#4 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@blur99 said:
Simonson is good however that Omnibus contains the Beta Ray Bill story which I thought was awful.   
I think the Eternal Saga story is one of Thor's finest and done by Simonson.  It takes place about 40-50 issues prior to that Omnibus starts. 

2 volumes. 

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-Eternals-Saga-Vol-Avengers/dp/0785124047/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315059786&sr=1-1
Wow, you don't like BRB either? I thought I was the only one. He's really popular on CV (as in, the people who know of him, like him)
Yep.  I think all of the Thor clones hurt the quality of Thor.
#5 Posted by LeonTh3Duke (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur99: 
@FadeToBlackBolt: 
Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely keep that in mind with my next purchases. 

#6 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the recent, post ragnarok Thor stuff has been absolutely awesome.  The Doctor Doom story was really top notch.

#7 Posted by the_kza (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend the omnibus

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.