Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Brutally Honest: What's Up With Naked Thor?!

Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

I think that the complete lack of perental control just keeps growin an growin. I mean this is pretty much full nudity, minus what you can't see in shadows, and not even an attempt with sheets or anythin, AND it's rated T... This is about as bad as when I saw the guy that took his 6 an 8 year ol kids to Kick Ass.
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By StarKiller809

I would read the comic with no problem but it's one of those things that I really want my children to read.
    Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

By 16 I would guess that most people, unless home schooled  by ultra conservative parents, have been exposed to far worse than this.

justafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By justafan

@StarKiller809:  do you mean " one of those thing i  DON'T want my children to read?

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Being a decadent european, I dislike the rating system anyway;

That said, yes, Marvel screwed up on this one.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#106  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Devil Tiger said:

That said, yes, Marvel screwed up on this one.

In what way? By showing content you can see on day time television on any station?
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Bestostero

comics are like soap operas for guys

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By Jotham

Doesn't seem that graphic to me, but then, I've read Punisher MAX.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By NightFang3
    @josty81 said:
    " Do people want to go back to the days of the Comics Code or what? "
     God, I hope not!
    Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Bucketz

America being weird and exposing children to nudity,

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Bucketz said:
    " America being weird and exposing children to nudity, "
    kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kimeraevet

The ratings system is unnecessary. If you honestly think you are going to be able to do anything to block your kid's access to tits and dick you are living in a state of delusion and denial.  That scene was a loving exchange between two lovers, nothing graphic or obscene about it.  Honestly, we live in a world where there are half naked men and women on magazines in the check out aisle at the supermarket that are eye level to little children.  Teach your kids to appreciate the human body and to respect it, after that you are only delaying to the onset of whatever sexual depravity they will eventually get into. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#113  Edited By Mercy_

I understand the concern, especially when the variant cover is Movie Thor, which will probably draw in kids who are going to watch the movie (as I'm sure it was meant to), but I think that it's perfectly within the parameters of it's rating. 

That being said, I'll never understand why some Americans (this isn't really directed to anybody specific in this thread, just a generalization and as an aside, I am American) get so hung up on things like nudity and sexual implications, but violence, gore and dismemberment are okay? I actually have a topic addressing it: Violence vs Nudity. It's geared towards television and movies, but I feel it applies to all mediums. 
    blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By blaakmawf

Meh. We're too stuck up about sexuality in America.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " I understand the concern, especially when the variant cover is Movie Thor, which will probably draw in kids who are going to watch the movie (as I'm sure it was meant to), but I think that it's perfectly within the parameters of it's rating. 

That being said, I'll never understand why some Americans (this isn't really directed to anybody specific in this thread, just a generalization and as an aside, I am American) get so hung up on things like nudity and sexual implications, but violence, gore and dismemberment are okay? I actually have a topic addressing it: Violence vs Nudity. It's geared towards television and movies, but I feel it applies to all mediums. 
    "
    The worst part is the nudity is implied Thor and Sif are nude but you can't see any parts of them that you couldn't see at the beach or in certain television show scenes.The shading covers anything major.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#116  Edited By Magian
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " I understand the concern, especially when the variant cover is Movie Thor, which will probably draw in kids who are going to watch the movie (as I'm sure it was meant to), but I think that it's perfectly within the parameters of it's rating. 

"
    Agreed.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Mercy_
    @blaakmawf said:
    " Meh. We're too stuck up about sexuality in America. "
    Exactly.

@ComicMan24: ^_^

@Vance Astro said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:

"
    The worst part is the nudity is implied Thor and Sif are nude but you can't see any parts of them that you couldn't see at the beach or in certain television show scenes.The shading covers anything major. "
    Agreed. 
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By goldenkey

My penis goes SNIKT!!!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @goldenkey said:
    " My penis goes SNIKT!!! "
    So you're a dog?
    Luzhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120  Edited By Luzhell

I don´t really have a problem as long as the book is directed to the proper age spectrum. Anyone over age 16 would have no issue with this (if their minds are not in the gutter).

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By Shadow_Thief
    @The Dark Huntress:  I just don't get it; I worked for years in a video store and I can't tell you how many parents came up to me to ask my opinion on a movie, saying something to the effect of "I don't care if my children see violence, but I don't want them seeing any sex." Aside from the fact that they were asking a 30ish video store clerk with no kids of his own to decide what was appropriate for their children, I just fail to see how any parent can believe that violence is perfectly acceptable entertainment while sex is an utterly taboo subject.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By greenenvy

I am ok with it who cares. It felt more mature for me as 20 year old comic reader  rather than feeling I am reading some damn kids comic from marvel thats now owned by Disney. The kids have there own titles like Marvel age or adventures to  Dark wing duck etc. So read those and be quite. I want more than that still, why cant they just let the swearing or full nude come out because most readers on comics are adults now. 

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123  Edited By charlieboy

as long as the ratings are right then i don't have a problem with it. an adult can choose for themselves what to read. and lots of people have sex in their teen years. so i think a teen rating is acceptable. now we can discuss the moral implications of teenage sex if you want. but to me that goes to good parenting. and honestly this comic did not show anything that you can't see on tv. now if this was a book specifically marketed towards younger childfren then i would be upset. 
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By CATPANEXE

Can't buy in sorry. This meets the criteria of the rating, but, the full body image of Thor is pushing it a bit. As far as what to let someone read, I'd hope any 16+ year old had been schooled properly in the Health and Sex Education class they would have prior to turning that age and have an at least rudimentary sexual understanding enough to grasp this scene. Unless of course the child raising method is 150% restrictive until 18, then probably best to avoid media and only subject em to Willy Wonka (like a relative of mine was, true story....he's in prison now) anyways.

Still agree its trying a little to be borderline where it doesn't necessarily need to be, nor did it serve a purpose for the story other than fan service. imo, just my take on it (and partial disappointment in following this from FB and not finding the full on gratuitous nudity i was praying for, MAX style or better....sigh) 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @greenenvy said:

I want more than that still, why cant they just let the swearing or full nude come out because most readers on comics are adults now.  "

Because Americans are picky, attention whores who love to whine about things even if their whining about something they just made up in order to whine.If Marvel didn't leave the swearing and nudity for MARVEL MAX which has an explicit MATURE content warning on the front of each book Marvel will be destroyed.People will whine, and make a scene about it..they might even get sued, there might being a congressional hearing or something. (Anyone remember the outrage behind the Black Canary, Barbie?)
    Rex Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Rex Havoc

First of all....Babs you look fabulous!

Second, I seen way worse in the nineties! I saw  panels that implied that a bunch of Genoshan guards raped a powerless Rogue, saw Logan running aroung killing guys in his birthday suit, and in the eighties I remember Tony Stark with Bethany Mcabe screwing and all was left out was the actual penetration!

So This does'nt even give me the peoples eyebrow.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#127  Edited By TypingKira
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Thor should be naked in every comic. "
    Yes. QFT. LOL
    Soakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Soakle

Honestly I don't find it graphic at all and as someone who has just come out of their teens (seriously, a week ago) I can safely say that I've seen a lot worse. Maybe this is because I'm from across the pond in Australia but we start sex ed from around age 11/12. If a thirteen year old read this then they'd probably giggle and move on, no biggie. And considering 16 is the legal age to have sex over here, I'd be worried if a sixteen year-old didn't understand what sex is so really I find the T+ rating quite age appropriate.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This annoys me to be honest.

It's OK to show Thor beating the monsters to death with a hammer, but not for Sif to kind of ask why their sex life has fizzled?

The same thing with Watchmen, people were up in arms about Manhattan's junk littering the scene, but were fine with Ozymandias committing Genocide and having it be a good thing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#130  Edited By jakob187

This is nothing compared to what most teenagers talk about and do behind closed doors on a daily basis. Hell, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 was a Teen rated videogame where the word $#!t was used frequently. Twilight is a series of PG-13 movies about a TEENAGER that ends up HAVING SEX with a VAMPIRE! High school curriculums have teenagers reading 1984 (whichever involves nudity and sex), The Scarlet Letter (which involves ex and is about adultery), and people complain about something like this, which is worded pretty well and comes across pretty classy in comparisons to other ways it could've been written? This fits the characters well in terms of dialogue and tone.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#131  Edited By jakob187

This is nothing compared to what most teenagers talk about and do behind closed doors on a daily basis. Hell, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 was a Teen rated videogame where the word $#!t was used frequently. Twilight is a series of PG-13 movies about a TEENAGER that ends up HAVING SEX with a VAMPIRE! High school curriculums have teenagers reading 1984 (whichever involves nudity and sex), The Scarlet Letter (which involves ex and is about adultery), and people complain about something like this, which is worded pretty well and comes across pretty classy in comparisons to other ways it could've been written? This fits the characters well in terms of dialogue and tone.

PureKiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#132  Edited By PureKiwi

I don't think I got it - I mean, does it really matter if the comics is tagged "M" or "T+"?

I didn't even know people look at it.

Also - If a 13 year old boy will read it, he'll probably won't understand this conversation, and if he does, then I guess it's too late to block him this comics

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " This annoys me to be honest. It's OK to show Thor beating the monsters to death with a hammer, but not for Sif to kind of ask why their sex life has fizzled? The same thing with Watchmen, people were up in arms about Manhattan's junk littering the scene, but were fine with Ozymandias committing Genocide and having it be a good thing. "
    In what way is beating up monsters a fair comparison to Thor and Sif talking about their sex life...same question with your Watchmen reference..in what way are those two things even comparable? How is a fake genocide comparable to ACTUALLY seeing a characters member in a movie? I don't understand that...
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " This annoys me to be honest. It's OK to show Thor beating the monsters to death with a hammer, but not for Sif to kind of ask why their sex life has fizzled? The same thing with Watchmen, people were up in arms about Manhattan's junk littering the scene, but were fine with Ozymandias committing Genocide and having it be a good thing. "
    In what way is beating up monsters a fair comparison to Thor and Sif talking about their sex life...same question with your Watchmen reference..in what way are those two things even comparable? How is a fake genocide comparable to ACTUALLY seeing a characters member in a movie? I don't understand that... "
    My point is that society has its priorities skewed. Sex is something to hide people from, but extreme violence is ok.
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#135  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    In what way is beating up monsters a fair comparison to Thor and Sif talking about their sex life...same question with your Watchmen reference..in what way are those two things even comparable? How is a fake genocide comparable to ACTUALLY seeing a characters member in a movie? I don't understand that... "
    My point is that society has its priorities skewed. Sex is something to hide people from, but extreme violence is ok. "
    I totally agree. I myself live in Belgium, Europe, and out here we have always viewed the American priority list of what's bad for your children and what isn't as a bit skewed. Somehow, most Americans believe that exposing your children to harsh violence is better than having them hear a swearing word or having them read a sexually explicit comic book panel.

That's just weird to most of us Europeans. I'd rather have my 13 year old kid reading something like that scene in The Mighty Thor, than some of the very explicit violent scenes in several T+ comic books.

Besides, if your kid is a 13 year old, I'm pretty sure they should already know pretty much everything there is to know about sexual interaction between human beings via their parents, and, to a lesser extent, their teachers at school. If not, internet will educate them on this, and not for the better.

It just feels wrong, it's like I were to say to my kid: when you grow up, it's okay to go rip someone's head off, as long as you don't do the nasty with a woman you may or may not love. Honestly, I'd rather have my 16 year old have sex with their boy/girlfriend whom they have a steady relationship with and whom they love, than have him/her be in physical fights with other kids.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @ShirEPanjshir: That's my take on it too. Have you seen Apocalypse Now (Redux)?

One of the great lines is; 
    "We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "f***" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

Sums the issue up quite nicely, in my opinion.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#137  Edited By MTHarman

With clothes, you sell comics. Without clothes you sell more comics.

When running a business that see's higher sales and more money, what would you do?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Mercy_
    @ShirEPanjshir said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    My point is that society has its priorities skewed. Sex is something to hide people from, but extreme violence is ok. "
    I totally agree. I myself live in Belgium, Europe, and out here we have always viewed the American priority list of what's bad for your children and what isn't as a bit skewed. Somehow, most Americans believe that exposing your children to harsh violence is better than having them hear a swearing word or having them read a sexually explicit comic book panel. That's just weird to most of us Europeans. I'd rather have my 13 year old kid reading something like that scene in The Mighty Thor, than some of the very explicit violent scenes in several T+ comic books. Besides, if your kid is a 13 year old, I'm pretty sure they should already know pretty much everything there is to know about sexual interaction between human beings via their parents, and, to a lesser extent, their teachers at school. If not, internet will educate them on this, and not for the better.It just feels wrong, it's like I were to say to my kid: when you grow up, it's okay to go rip someone's head off, as long as you don't do the nasty with a woman you may or may not love. Honestly, I'd rather have my 16 year old have sex with their boy/girlfriend whom they have a steady relationship with and whom they love, than have him/her be in physical fights with other kids. "
    So much this.
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By craigbo180

I think that's fine if you are over 16.

the guv'nor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#140  Edited By the guv'nor

nothing wrong with at all,its not shocking at all
    sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By sergyanime

OK so based off what how T+ is defiend I am even more ok with it then before. T+ is for 16 year olds and older. I know of plenty of people who started have sex at 15 or 16. Not that that is ok (I think it's fine) but chances are by the age of 13 you will know about sex seen plenty of it on TV and hear much much worse things.  Average kid will start watching family guy or south park or something like that around the age of 12. This makes it to where there exposed to far worse.  So I think a 16 year old or older should be able to pick up there issue of thor. They are not going to be surprised or anything. At the age of 16 you will be more surprised to see that the god of thunder isn't getting laid.  The rating system is fine though I think in the end of the day rating systems are dumb because each person is different so what is good and bad for them to see are different.  Kids will do things anyway, teens will do things anyway and so will adults. Putting restrictions only makes people want to do things more. 

sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By sergyanime
    @Soakle: I agree with you I live in america and I started sex ed in 5th grade.  I am about to graduate high school now so that is what almost 8 grade levels away. I do think that we american's like to pretend like sex is bad because parent's flip the lid of there little girl was to want to give it to some one. I think over protective parent's who would hid these things from there kid is more of a problem because then when they accidently watch jersey shore or something like that and there parent's have been hiding sex there going to do it and most likely do it unprotected. Then they can end up on 16 and prego and im sure that's what every over protective parent wants there kid to be on TV for messing up there future. 
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By queenfrost_

Did we see any boobs, vagina, penis or anus? NO.
    16 year olds can handle a little inuendo...My 13yr old brother can handle shit like this too, i think it's fine :)

So let's just enjoy this and pretend that it's Chris Hemsworth butt naked....

MmmmmmMmmmm <3

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey quesada, alonso, slott, bendis, kelly and others! I noticed that you just spit on all the ideals and reasons why MARVEL Comics and its heroes were created, because you have no time to respect something --or someone-- as you are too busy counting money from killing characters off (and also disgracing classic ones), so why not to change your company's name to, say, "SHAMELESS SCUM Comics"? 

No Caption Provided
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queenfrost_: Then I pity you and your brother. This kind of stuff IS NOT NORMAL. 

DAMN IT ALL, there were times when ones used to write great stories WITHOUT ANY ASKHDKLASHDKASHD LIKE THAT and others used to read them and smile. 
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By queenfrost_
    @Emerald Dragonfly: I'm 22, don't need your pathetic pity, darlin' ;)
    Seriously, grow up - they mentioned sex in a comic for 16 years and older. wow. ever seen R rated movie with boobs in it?
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergyanime said:
    " OK so based off what how T+ is defiend I am even more ok with it then before. T+ is for 16 year olds and older. I know of plenty of people who started have sex at 15 or 16. Not that that is ok (I think it's fine) but chances are by the age of 13 you will know about sex seen plenty of it on TV and hear much much worse things.  Average kid will start watching family guy or south park or something like that around the age of 12. This makes it to where there exposed to far worse.  So I think a 16 year old or older should be able to pick up there issue of thor. They are not going to be surprised or anything. At the age of 16 you will be more surprised to see that the god of thunder isn't getting laid.  The rating system is fine though I think in the end of the day rating systems are dumb because each person is different so what is good and bad for them to see are different.  Kids will do things anyway, teens will do things anyway and so will adults. Putting restrictions only makes people want to do things more.  "
    @queenfrost_ said:
    " Did we see any boobs, vagina, penis or anus? NO.16 year olds can handle a little inuendo...My 13yr old brother can handle shit like this too, i think it's fine :)So let's just enjoy this and pretend that it's Chris Hemsworth butt naked....MmmmmmMmmmm <3 "
    @craigbo180 said:
    " I think that's fine if you are over 16. "
    @the guv'nor said:
    " nothing wrong with at all,its not shocking at all "
    Wow. Now I start to understand why guys from MARV--oh, sorry, SHAMELESS SCUM© Comics are getting that much money nowadays. They've just created a publicity that would appreciate results of their, urm, "incredible labor" and now use it as a tool of cashing.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Emerald Dragonfly said:
    " @queenfrost_: Then I pity you and your brother. This kind of stuff IS NOT NORMAL. 

DAMN IT ALL, there were times when ones used to write great stories WITHOUT ANY ASKHDKLASHDKASHD LIKE THAT and others used to read them and smile. "

I agree. These heathens. How dare they. Pity those un-normals!! There use to be a time, when I could read a comic without having to see the women, colors, young and old people. 

If I wanted reality I would leave my fort at go outside. 

Not in my comics thanks! 
    sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By sergyanime
    @Emerald Dragonfly: Troll harder my friend ;). If you need some trolling lessons you can PM me because you just sound dumb. There is no one LOL in your trolling and your not trolling unless your loling. Got it? 
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergyanime: you are not my friend. All my friends have exactly same opinion as mine. And I don't troll. That is my actual opinion. Got it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.