Best scans/feat(S) of current Thor

#201 Posted by Pyrogram (36571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fernando072295REBORN: That wolverine one is amazing!

#202 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorgasm!!!

#203 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread!

#204 Posted by TheGodofThunder (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Middle panel. Thor dodges close range tank fire that travels at least slightly faster than the speed of sound. Notice Thor isn't using Mjolnir to fly either so the speed can't be said to be from the hammer.

#205 Posted by TheGodofThunder (597 posts) - - Show Bio
#206 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic

What issue is your scan from pg.10 from?

#207 Edited by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there been any new feats with him? All I have read is the first 5 issues of Thor: God of Thunder. I'm not too up to date on MARVEL NOW

#208 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur99: I'm 3 months and 16 days late, but, I know it is from Thor: God Of Thunder, I can't remember the number of the issue, I think it is #1...or #2...maybe #3

#209 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

#210 Posted by HaveAtThee (524 posts) - - Show Bio

That scan from God of Thunder #8 is great. Esad Ribic is awesome.

#211 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read Thor: God of Thunder #9?

#212 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@ndm5: Here's the video. Tell your friends.

#213 Posted by HaveAtThee (524 posts) - - Show Bio

God of Thunder 9 was incredible. Easily the issue of the year.

#214 Posted by phisigmatau (515 posts) - - Show Bio

that battle was sick, it was sick... IT WAS SOOOOOOOO SICKK.... i cant wait at all til the next isseu, good heavens

#215 Edited by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn:

I knew I recognized your name, I watch your YouTube videos all of the time! and thanks for the upload, that battle was SICK!

#216 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@ndm5: Hey thanks for watching ^___^ The battle was straight up amazing

#217 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio
#218 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue, but the battles in the 80's were better. Great work by the current Thor staff.

#219 Posted by HaveAtThee (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue, but the battles in the 80's were better. Great work by the current Thor staff.

Not really fair considering post-Civil War Marvel is the era of street-level heroes with street-level problems. Quesada and Bendis have been hell bent on deconstructing the superhero. Writers had way more imagination back then. These days people cry about a lack of realism even though we're dealing with fictional superpowered characters.

#220 Edited by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing "epic" I just like it

Yeah and this ;)

#221 Posted by Dalandow (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any one have scans or know what issue Thor broke The Crimson Bands of Cytorak with a bolt of lightning? It was a recent feat.

#222 Posted by phisigmatau (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn: YOU ARE THE MAN ID JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW THAT IVE BEEN WATCHIN YO VIDS FOR AWHILE!! (( i really hope you use helios audiomachine song for issue 10 if u post it online thanks!!))

#223 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

In I think Thor God of Thunder 9 or 10 (part 4 of 5 of the God Bomb) In the latter half of the issue, when he was striking the heart of an Elder God in the captions it said his strikes where shaking the stars with emphasis on the plurality of stars

#224 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys/girls, if you want to debate on who's stronger between marvel now thor and new 52 superman search "marvel now thor vs new 52 superman comic vine" on google and click on it. I want to see what others think

For thor, FOR ASGARD!!!

#225 Posted by phisigmatau (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: thanks, im checkign it out.

Its FOR THOR

FOR ASGARD!

#226 Edited by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

It says he descends at the speed of a comet and he doesn't have Mjolnir. Also killed one of the horsemen of Apocalypse with one blow.

#227 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Lend his name to a nebula

#228 Posted by themadsurfer (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Odinforce Thor vs Ironman, from Thor vol. 3 #3:

Thor didn't tap the odinforce!!!!!!!

Thor vs Wolverine, from Thor vs Wolverine #2:

Thor vs Doom(bot), from Thor #604:

Could you put the scans saying it was a Doombot?

#229 Edited by BigCimmerian (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

It says he descends at the speed of a comet and he doesn't have Mjolnir. Also killed one of the horsemen of Apocalypse with one blow.

What comic book is this?

#230 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Posted by HaveAtThee (524 posts) - - Show Bio

How about absorbing the Godbomb and basically digesting it whole? We're talking about a weapon designed to end divinity throughout time.

#232 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@haveatthee: Definitely. The feat was crazy and his durability to survive a bomb of that nature and also with Gorrs weapon inside of him surely ranks high among his all time feats

#233 Edited by BOdinson (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

@haveatthee: Definitely. The feat was crazy and his durability to survive a bomb of that nature and also with Gorrs weapon inside of him surely ranks high among his all time feats

yeah but doesn't those things in itself indicate that Thor himself should at least be on Sky Father level? I mean Gorr took out how many skyfathers on his way to the Odinson destroying god after god but not Thor? That would suggest that Thor is ABOVE majority of the gods and definitely more powerful than given credit for.

#234 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@bodinson: I'm not sure bout Skyfather just yet though he will be at the least full potential. The thing is with Marvel, God is a term thrown around and some are powered less then say Mid Herald so Thor is indeed above many. With that being said,feat because of the nature of the bomb which transcended time.

#235 Edited by BOdinson (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

@bodinson: I'm not sure bout Skyfather just yet though he will be at the least full potential. The thing is with Marvel, God is a term thrown around and some are powered less then say Mid Herald so Thor is indeed above many. With that being said,feat because of the nature of the bomb which transcended time.

I agree, naturally there would be some that are much weaker than others(God of music and poetry for example won't stand up to a God of war etc). But out of the hundreds of gods that Gorr butchered surely there must have been at least 1 pantheon head(All-Father/Sky Father) that was as powerful as Thor if not more powerful. Some of those gods wrestled black holes!!!

Perhaps it wasn't the intention of the story, or perhaps it was, to show Thor as being above many of these gods. He is a whole heap more powerful than he's being given credit for, that's for sure.

#236 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@bodinson: I think there was mention of one of the worlds where it was inhabited by warriors. He definitely took out some high tier Gods if shear scale is to go by. I think it really shows how Thor has something few others don't, he has potential to kick it up a gear and do what it takes in the face of adversity, it might not shows as much in straight up battles, but definitely when its cosmic events, he does the impossible. It might be for the sake of the plit but its a well established part of him and should show more in battles. One feat that especially comes to mind is him "growing" when reversing the World Engine. i think its this which is definitely underrated and gives Thor the edge if an all out fight was occur with similar strength opposition.

#237 Edited by Park (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

How about absorbing the Godbomb and basically digesting it whole? We're talking about a weapon designed to end divinity throughout time.

He actually died doing that.

#238 Edited by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

Middle panel. Thor dodges close range tank fire that travels at least slightly faster than the speed of sound. Notice Thor isn't using Mjolnir to fly either so the speed can't be said to be from the hammer.

where is ths from?

#239 Edited by TheGodofThunder (597 posts) - - Show Bio
#240 Edited by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

where is this from

#241 Posted by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio
#242 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@park said:

@haveatthee said:

No, he didnt....

#243 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

First scan was from the last page of Astonishing X-men (#63 i think) and the second is from page 5 of Astonishing X-men #64 I guess. i forgot to get the next panel but itsix shows him unscathed, i'll see if i can find it.

#244 Posted by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

@park said:

@haveatthee said:

No, he didnt....

yeah he did. king thor resurrected him. he definitely died

#245 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: It was quoted that he died, but old thor resurrected him. So a death is a death... but 'twas a good way to die as a god imo =D

#246 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: It was quoted that he died, but old thor resurrected him. So a death is a death... but 'twas a good way to die as a god imo =D

Yay :)

#247 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

No infinity scans here yet?

#248 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool said:

Also Info and his current Powergrid.

strength 7

speed 7

and still marvel allows the hulk to routinely beat the crap out of a god....

#249 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

@deadcool said:

Also Info and his current Powergrid.

strength 7

speed 7

and still marvel allows the hulk to routinely beat the crap out of a god....

This is why i dislike the power grid, thor's durability should be seven and his fighting skills only 4, they should be 6 or seven

#250 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

has thor done ANYthing without his hammer.... the way marvel write him... without his hammer he is literally nothing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.