Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Beginning for Thor

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aeroman

I was thinking that since the movie is about to come I was wondering where to start reading with the thunder god

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By tensor

you have to start from classic thor to get a full understanding an see some of his best feat

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd check out the Surtur saga by Simonson, the Disassembled story-arc and the Celestial saga.   
    Each one of these is very cool even though they're all quite different from each other.    
    They each convey Thor's power and nobility with truly epic stories (and they were epic before the word became so overused). 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

The where should I start thread.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
    If you are going the trade paper back route, I would recommend  

THOR DISASSEMBLED TPB Which is a sweeping epic, and contains a lot of Thor's Asgardian related characters, friends and foes, probably more in one story, than any other Thor story. The art is beautiful and its very acclaimed and very popular with fans.  

Then you should get, if you can, the first two JMS TPB's which are just know as THOR VOLUME #1 by JMS, and THOR VOLUME #2 by JMS, and these stories are great, slow, quite decompressed but are primarily responsible for relaunching Thor as the character he is today. This is where he got a new armor, and also vol 2 has the very epic issue #600 issue. All the characters are written very well here.  

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions, maybe you don't mind older issues? Or you prefer lighter, less heavy material? Since Thor has those, and he also has some quite disgusting (in the good way) violent and dark story arcs as well lol
    Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ry Fryy

Not really a good starting place, but the Ages of Thunder book is a great read.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Aeroman
    @Ry Fryy:  i have ages of thunder so would be OK to get the ongoing series
    dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By dewboy01

I've read and collect a lot of thor comics. But I can't wait for that movie to come out!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.