Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8580 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Avengers movie

someonerandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By someonerandom

Alright,this has been bugging me so much I registered here just for it.

1)In the movie,when Thor is trapped in Hulk's cage and falling,could the fall actually have killed him?

2)How does Loki stab him(although it could be that the dagger is Asgardian and so on)

3)When he's fighting Hulk on the Helicarrier and the jet starts shooting at Hulk,why does Thor so desperately jump for cover?

I thought he was invulnerable/immortal,but now I'm confused...

someonerandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By someonerandom

Well,I kind of mentioned that in my first post,so... :D I don't even read comics,although I find this site, as well as any comic-based movies/some cartoons,pretty enjoyable.But since I'm not really a comic reader and am surely missing on an enormous amount on info,I'm asking you about your opinions on the movie.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaRed86

@someonerandom said:

1)In the movie,when Thor is trapped in Hulk's cage and falling,could the fall actually have killed him?

2)How does Loki stab him(although it could be that the dagger is Asgardian and so on)

3)When he's fighting Hulk on the Helicarrier and the jet starts shooting at Hulk,why does Thor so desperately jump for cover?

1) I'd say No, but it would have hurt like a mother.

2) Loki maybe weaker than Thor, but Loki is strong enough to toss cars and survive a Hulk bashing. And its an special dagger(either Asgardian or something otherwordly). It pierced his skin, but it was nothing to him.

3) He would have survived, but I assume he just didn't want to get hit.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hunter114

@someonerandom said:

1) No... it's not the fall that kills you... it's hitting the surface below... and no.. neither the fall, nor the impact would have killed him.

2) It's an Asgardian weapon... the material it's made from does affect Asgardians and can therefore pierce his skin.

3) While Thor is bulletproof (most of the time) he probably would get a little peeved by hundreds of bullets being fired at him... like if someone was to fire a lot of BB's at you... it won't kill you, but it's really annoying.

someonerandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By someonerandom

Thanks for the clarification,that's what I guessed too,but I wasn't too sure...

P.S The Hulk bashing was friggin" hilarious :D

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

@OmegaRed86 said:

@someonerandom said:

2) Loki maybe weaker than Thor, but Loki is strong enough to toss cars and survive a Hulk bashing. And its an special dagger(either Asgardian or something otherwordly). It pierced his skin, but it was nothing to him.

@Hunter114 said:

@someonerandom said:

1) No... it's not the fall that kills you... it's hitting the surface below... and no.. neither the fall, nor the impact would have killed him.

2) It's an Asgardian weapon... the material it's made from does affect Asgardians and can therefore pierce his skin.

3) While Thor is bulletproof (most of the time) he probably would get a little peeved by hundreds of bullets being fired at him... like if someone was to fire a lot of BB's at you... it won't kill you, but it's really annoying.

These.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By majestic99

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By cloudzackvincent

lol..thor scrapping for cover was funny

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

@someonerandom

1. It probably could of done a LOT of damage, but probably wouldn't of killed him.

2. The staff wasn't asgardian, but wasn't from Earth. It came from Thanos, so it could of hurt just about anybody.

3. It's just annoying to have several bullets fire at you.

He is immortal, but could be killed. He is invulnerable.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@someonerandom: welcome to comic vine. avenegers movie was good, but i dont think its cannon. thor and hulk did a number on one another.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By The_Thunderer

@deadpool6_6_6: just out of interest what is the definition of canon?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#13  Edited By TheCannon

@deadpool6_6_6 said:

@someonerandom: welcome to comic vine. avenegers movie was good, but i dont think its cannon. thor and hulk did a number on one another.

What the heck are you talking about it not being canon? Unless you're saying it's not canon to the 616 comics, that makes no sense.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THORSON

@someonerandom said:

1. no, thor is very durable.

2. not sure. think it was just some dagger.

3. marvel sometimes likes to down play THOR, not sure why...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.