Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Avengers Assemble. More like Hulk Avengers Assemble.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So marvel said it was going to produce more animation movies/series, and one of them was Avengers Assemble. Upon watching the first few episodes, i started to think oh this will be different from the rest of marvels productions which have featured both Thor and Hulk at the same time. But later on in the show, it begun to turn into another Hulk show where... oh newbies to comics will watch and say Hulk is better and can beat every one else in the show. To tell the truth if this was my first encounter with thor i will not have liked him a bit (he even lost to some under water atlanten dude but hulk was able to defeat him quite well, and i asked myself really, no shame?...

All i want to point out is that, marvel has made its stance on who their favorite hero is, and i know this will reflect in the comics too very soon, where we would be seeing Hulk beat Thor, on regular basis without reply.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe- Thor movies have been way more popular. It evens out in popularity.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oscars94

Lets all be thankfull to the one who thought it out to make the first real thor movie, which was boring any way, what even made me sat to watch such a movie was because i love Natalie Portman (shes my favorite) they did well on that one. I am not sure its that popular, hulk was having his own movies when 10 years ago?

Hell Hulks now have their own mini cartoon series. And what does Thor have one cartoon which is not even up to scratch.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By THORSON
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

I can't tell you how fed up with these kinds threads

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ben_coby

@z3ro180 said:

I can't tell you how fed up with these kinds threads

you fed up?, you cant because they will keep poping up often, with the latest trends. i thaught you of all people will understand.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HumanRocket

@ben_coby: the series is aimed for kids so not really much you can complain about for a kids show. And there's always the alternative of watching EMH if you don't enjoy AVengers assemble.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel doesn't care.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180

@ben_coby: Why in gods name would you think ?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Earth's Mightiest Heroes was an animated version of the classic rendition of the characters, and it worked quite well. Assemble is obviously taking its cues from the live-action film and clearly more focused on the younger demographic. Young kids flock to Hulk because he's a big green monster who smashes stuff. Pretty simple.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby: the series is aimed for kids so not really much you can complain about for a kids show. And there's always the alternative of watching EMH if you don't enjoy AVengers assemble.

Yeah but most aults still watch it. I know it is devoid of any comics continuety, but its is also aimed at potential customers to marvel. Some adults/ kids may not care about comics but that person may just catch any of these animations by chance and may get hooked to comics.

As fo EMH, i have actually watched both season 1&2, so i wanted somethng freash. I do not see the difference between EMH and AA just only AA is boring and..... for other obvious reasons it is unlikable.

@thorson said:

@ben_coby:

you sound angry.

What do you think about the series man?

@z3ro180 said:

@ben_coby: Why in gods name would you think ?

Well cause you a huge Thor fan aint you?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By HumanRocket

@ben_coby: well there are more differences between EMH and AA. There small but they make the differences big. The voice acting is miles above better in EMH. I find that for black widow thor and flacon they picked the first person they saw off the street to do the voice acting for AA BUT they did cast Hawkeye well for AA. The voice actors in EMH like Thor and Cap were awesome. Caps voice actor gave me chills when he would give a speech and Thor's voice was what I would have in my head when ever I would read Thor in the comics.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby: well there are more differences between EMH and AA. There small but they make the differences big. The voice acting is miles above better in EMH. I find that for black widow thor and flacon they picked the first person they saw off the street to do the voice acting for AA BUT they did cast Hawkeye well for AA. The voice actors in EMH like Thor and Cap were awesome. Caps voice actor gave me chills when he would give a speech and Thor's voice was what I would have in my head when ever I would read Thor in the comics.

I did not take a detailed approach to my comparison, and i have to agree with you 100% HRocket.Take this bit from when Cap the Vision for the second time.

Vision: "Why do you keep fighting, you are but fleash and blood, I am a machine. You cannot win, what do you have to gain".

Cap: "you think am fighting for me, to save my own life, that's why you will never win. I'm not fighting for me, I'm fighting for them and thats something you will never understand machine. Its the very thing that makes us human".

The voices in EMH are killers espesially that of Cap, unlike the crappy ones in AA.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby: Iam a Thor fan but these kind of marvel doesn't know hoe to use Thor thread keep popping up. Along with marvel hates thor and blah blah.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ben_coby

@z3ro180 said:

@ben_coby: Iam a Thor fan but these kind of marvel doesn't know hoe to use Thor thread keep popping up. Along with marvel hates thor and blah blah.

Okay pal.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'VE NEVER SEEN THE SHOW, IT LOOKS BORING.

SPEAKING OF HULK HIS NEW SERIES SEEMS LIKE CRAP.

HULK HASN'T EVEN HAD A BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE YET. 1ST HULK I FELL ASLEEP THROUGH SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. 2ND WAS GOOD AND FUN BUT I CAN'T COMPARE IT WITH THE IRON MAN'S, CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THOR MOVIE.

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

I'VE NEVER SEEN THE SHOW, IT LOOKS BORING.

SPEAKING OF HULK HIS NEW SERIES SEEMS LIKE CRAP.

HULK HASN'T EVEN HAD A BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE YET. 1ST HULK I FELL ASLEEP THROUGH SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. 2ND WAS GOOD AND FUN BUT I CAN'T COMPARE IT WITH THE IRON MAN'S, CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THOR MOVIE.

Yeah the action null, and the story drags along with some crappy voices.

But hulk still has movies, as you sad the first one was a joke but i think the second one was better which could compete with those three movies you mentioned. Anyway thanks for your take :).

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think EMH was more aimed at the comic book reading audience - i.e. readers who are teens to adults. It had longer running, more complex storylines, sub-plots, more characters per episode. Much as it may suck for us cancelling such a series in favour of something more child friendly is probably a smart move on Marvle's part in the long run. Marvel/DC have already ceded the comic book market to older readers. But cartoons are still a viable way, outside of the movies, to get actual children familiar with and hooked on their characters and go some way to dispelling the fear that "the industry is dying".

So its not really for us and while some kids probably prefer AEMH I wouldnt be surprised if overall kids dont really see much too choose from between the two. And for the most part its something that they can tune into at any time without missing a whole bunch of backstory.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Experio

Tried to give the show a try twice, ends up disappointing me and fast. Cant compete with EMH.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.