Avengers assemble #4

• 52 results
#1 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw someone on marvel post the in this issue, thor gets beaten up by hulk....again. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is true, I'm going to be so freaking angry. I hate hulk. He is just Marvel's superman.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor is marvel's superman.Hulk may be on superman's level of strength but that's about it.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

I think Thor is marvel's superman.Hulk may be on superman's level of strength but that's about it.

@TheGodofThunder said:

I saw someone on marvel post the in this issue, thor gets beaten up by hulk....again.

#4 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Honestly not sure where I was going with the hulk=superman thing, hahaha. I am tired of hulk beating everyone in his path. Thor used to be able to stalemate hulk at the very least, but now there is not even a shred of respect for the rivalry. Yeah, it gets boring watching someone win over and over, but it gets boring watching them lose over and over too.

#5 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder said:

I saw someone on marvel post the in this issue, thor gets beaten up by hulk....again. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is true, I'm going to be so freaking angry. I hate hulk. He is just Marvel's superman.

Don't worry! It's just an alternate cover who has nothing to do with the current story (as several Avengers vs X-men's cover).

First time I saw the cover I was pretty sure about that. But I don't understand why drawing the Hulk wiping the floor with an

another marvel hero and... WHY THOR?!?

#6 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX: looks like our hopes were crushed. Looks like this comic has the worst thor vs hulk showing ever.

#7 Edited by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

@TheGodofThunder said:

Don't worry! It's just an alternate cover who has nothing to do with the current story (as several Avengers vs X-men's cover).

First time I saw the cover I was pretty sure about that. But I don't understand why drawing the Hulk wiping the floor with an

another marvel hero and... WHY THOR?!?

I've also read that Thor lost to Hulk.

I didn't want to waste money on this book so ill just search for scans.

Wow

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/AA004b.jpg

#8 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Yeah, wow is an understatement. Marvel is ruining one of my favorite heroes. I love thor but I am by no means a fanboy. I simply want a rivalry that is fun. Thor used to be able to stalemate hulk and there was never a clear cut winner but now? It's no fun anymore. Thor can fight a damn celestial, but can't take on hulk. Seriously. This is getting just dumb. The people at marvel suck.

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder said:

@Kallarkz: Yeah, wow is an understatement. Marvel is ruining one of my favorite heroes. I love thor but I am by no means a fanboy. I simply want a rivalry that is fun. Thor used to be able to stalemate hulk and there was never a clear cut winner but now? It's no fun anymore. Thor can fight a damn celestial, but can't take on hulk. Seriously. This is getting just dumb. The people at marvel suck.

Yeah for Hulk to grab his hammer and smack him down in one hit is a little intense for Marvel to do.

#10 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the thor/hulk rivalry is going the way of the thing/hulk rivalry. Moderators, be sure to add popularity to Hulks list of powers and abilities on his page.

#11 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: I thought it was just an alternate cover, but unfortunately I was wrong! :(

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

@Kallarkz: I thought it was just an alternate cover, but unfortunately I was wrong! :(

yeah when I saw the cover I knew they would be making Hulk just destroy Thor.

#13 Edited by crom1981 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

why all so upset. Sure its kind of lame using the same Trick 3 Times, or more.But as far as i can tell,this isn´t a fight.And its already known, that these two can ko the other, by an surprise attack.I know this for years .And in my opinion they had to take down Thor because he would defeated Thanos ;)And he already was rising after a few seconds i think.So let Marvel go on with his Actions against Thor .Someday there will come a Writer like Stracinski who will show the Hulk his place in Marvel universe :)

ps I like the Hulk Charakter ,but not the Way Marvel used him

#14 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pathetic. Thor has been a cash cow for marvel and you would think they would finally do his character justice instead of garbage like this.

#15 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: if you look closely when hulk grabs the hammer he grabs it with thors hand on it. but in the pannel where he actually hits him he hits him downwards a little deviated but downwards. it think the hulk cant hold the hammer, he just deviated its trajectory a little. so no stupidy on holding the hammer but yeah KO thor in one shot is ubber retarded.

#16 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL :D

#17 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@Kallarkz: if you look closely when hulk grabs the hammer he grabs it with thors hand on it. but in the pannel where he actually hits him he hits him downwards a little deviated but downwards. it think the hulk cant hold the hammer, he just deviated its trajectory a little. so no stupidy on holding the hammer but yeah KO thor in one shot is ubber retarded.

hard to see how just "altering it's trajectory" would make Thor knock out the way he did. 
It seems that they drew Hulk snatching Thor's hammer out of his hand and brought it down crushing him.
#18 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: my post was on how hulk was able to use the hammer

#19 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@Kallarkz: my post was on how hulk was able to use the hammer

and i wrote a response.
#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

The way you guys act, it's like Thor should never be beaten, ever.

#21 Edited by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was about to attack Thanos and before he could swing Hulk grabbed his hammer. Thor got caught off guard with that and Hulk shouldn't have overpowered him so easily in the first place if Thor tried to fight back. IMO, Thor was hurt, but more dazed for a time. Thor got up pretty shortly after that and was ready to bash Hulk's head in as if nothing happened.

#22 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Beaten is one thing but marvel is turning Thor into a jobber.

#23 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: the problem is that Thor badly bites the dust every two months... if it's not every months...

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk slapped Thor with Mjolnir.

#25 Posted by WildBeastBoy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Thor got knocked around a lot in Avengers so I'm not surprised if this happened.

#26 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Is that what we said?

Or are we discussing how Hulk was able to control Mjolnir and knock Thor out with one hit?

Not quite sure I see anyone writing that Thor is invincible....

#27 Posted by Enyalios (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Don't think anyone on here said that Thor can't be beaten. However to have him continually beaten by someone who, for as long as the characters have existed were constant rivals, and someone who Thor is as strong as, as durable as, fights better than, and is vastly more powerful than is getting a bit ridiculous. The current staff at Marvel has no sense of continuety, obviously do not actually read about the characters they are writing, and overall just need to get fired and Marvel hire some new talent.

#28 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Of course I want thor to be beaten. He would be dumb and uninteresting if they did that. I just want to see good fights. More and more thor is being shown unable to even muster an ounce of fight against people. The hulk is just more annoying than others because marvel is ignoring 60+ years of continuity and rivalry in favor of popularity. Look at the Hulk vs Thor animated movie. Chris yost hast stated in interviews that he hates thor so why did they even let him write that movie? I didn't care who won or lost, but for gods sake thor did nothing in that movie except almost die.

#29 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if Marvel respected their characters a little more we wouldn't have to do all this senseless debating. We could just accept that hulk won this fight, but thor won another, all based on logical writing and competent plots. I mean seriously, it must be the easiest job in the world to be an editor at marvel, anything goes obviously.

#30 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Thor fans are becoming Storm fans. Ugh.

#31 Posted by Chaos Burn (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty reasonable to have a debate over why a hammer that can only be lifted by the worthy, was lifted by the Hulk

#32 Posted by OmegaRed86 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

No, Thor fans just don't want Thor to be treated like crap.

#33 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Thor fans whine that he isn't an omnipotent, all-powerful being.

This book is pretty much non-canon and disservices all the characters, there is no need to make a big deal about it.

#34 Posted by OmegaRed86 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

This book is pretty much non-canon and disservices all the characters, there is no need to make a big deal about it.

If its a disservice to my favorite character and others, then they shouldn't have printed it.

#35 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

If its a disservice to my favorite character and others, then they shouldn't have printed it.

It's for kids. Don't like it, don't buy it and eventually it will get cancelled.

#36 Posted by OmegaRed86 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

It's for kids. Don't like it, don't buy it and eventually it will get cancelled.

And complain about it to Marvel to keep these things from happening.

#37 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

No, not really. Our complaints mean next to nothing to the companies now. The power of $ is all that matters now.

#38 Posted by OmegaRed86 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

No, not really. Our complaints mean next to nothing to the companies now. The power of $ is all that matters now.

Like you said, if we don't like it, we don't buy it, and then it gets cancelled. Add some heart felt messages to Marvel's editors as well.

#39 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Like you said, if we don't like it, we don't buy it, and then it gets cancelled. Add some heart felt messages to Marvel's editors as well.

No, just don't buy it. We complain about costume changes, our complaints don't mean much to them at all anymore. Go to CBR and just look around to see the things Stephen Wacker says.

#40 Edited by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

Who here said anything even remotely close to that? I wouldn't like Thor at all if he was written like that and I'm sure most feel the same way. I'm tired of people coming on here saying that thor fans want him to beat everyone and everything. No not at all. How would you like it if your favorite character was treated like shit all the time? You probably wouldn't.

#41 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildBeastBoy: if anything, thor was shown as the most powerful.

#42 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

I think Thor is marvel's superman.

#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18682 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: Hulk is my favorite character but i have to admit that this was not a fair KO, Thanos mind controls Hulk and he unexpectedly his thor with his own hammer, thats pretty much it

#44 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

QFT

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18682 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is mealy stronger than thor and he has beaten the god of the thunder, but thor has beaten hulk too, as far as i'm concerned the hulk vs thor could go either way

#46 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

QFT

This.

#47 Posted by ThanoStomp (791 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very dis-appointed in this series. It basically takes the characters as portrayed in the movie and puts them in a comic. I like the way they are portrayed in the various Avengers comics better and consider them to be truer representations.

And I don't mind Thor taken a beating every now and then. But how many times is Marvel going to ignore some basic principles of their characters and objects. As soon as Thor let go Mjolnir, it should have dropped straight to the ground, even if Hulk was able to hang onto it. He shouldn't even have been able to guide it on the way down to hit Thor. But.... its not the first time Thor has been beaten with his own hammer, by someone who should not be "worthy" enough to lift it.

#48 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS.

#49 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

Really?

Did ANYONE in this thread say Thor should be an "omnipotent, all-powerful, being?"

Or is everyone here talking about how Hulk beat Thor with his own hammer?

You're making things up.

#50 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

Really?

Did ANYONE in this thread say Thor should be an "omnipotent, all-powerful, being?"

Or is everyone here talking about how Hulk beat Thor with his own hammer?

You're making things up.

Actually, when this thread was made there was a big trend of fans complaining in a matter as I stated. There's no need to make a big deal about Avengers Assemble as the character mistreatment isn't exclusive to Thor. At all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.