Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Avengers #1...another disgrace for thor?

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Pyrogram: Yeah, definitely. Thor was easily avoiding hulks swings and clearly not trying to fight him. The only time hulk hit thor was when thor wasn't fighting back. He didn't even use lightning.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By cmartin

@TheGodofThunder: marvel always do this they NEVER make hulk lose, planet hulk animation beta ray beat hulk under the influence of the obedience discs, this was shattered in the fight beta ray stopped fighting,and told hulk the disk was shattered they then made hulk pound him nonstop even though he had stop fightig and said he was no under the power of the disc..... hulk then beat a beta ray bill who stopped fighting....... again marvel makes me actually hate the hulk character ther a very biased towards him he never loses and has never lost on screen ever

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@cmartin: For anyone who isnt a hulk fanboy, then you know avengers definitely showed thor more powerful. If thor was trying to actually fight hulk then he wouldn't have jumped on his back.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By cmartin

@TheGodofThunder: i dont like the hulk , what marvel has allowed him to become....

in life its the result tat matters an the result is thor got beat (again)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @OmegaRed86 said:

Thor is just trying to calm him down and not kill the bastard. 

And this always seems to be the case. Thor gets the short end of the stick because of his kindness and showing friendship to a monster, even with that said I can't remember many times that Hulk has just flat out beaten Thor or overpowered him. 

@OmegaRed86 said:

Fans know that Thor's fought tougher, smarter, and more powerful opponents that Hulk and has won.

Also true.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

again marvel makes me actually hate the hulk character ther a very biased towards him he never loses and has never lost on screen ever

Marvel doesn't make you hate Hulk, you just hate him.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cmartin

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

again marvel makes me actually hate the hulk character ther a very biased towards him he never loses and has never lost on screen ever

Marvel doesn't make you hate Hulk, you just hate him

well my hate is influenced by how marvel writes the hulk... same as i hate a cake baked by the baked because i dont like whats in it????????

hulk is written in an irresponsible way.... knocking out watchers gods etc...

most hulk fight go like this .. blows are traded hulk gets mad... 3 punches hulk wins .. over and over and over....im waitig for marvel to write a story of hulk getting mad and punching out galactus..... it really wouldnt suprise me

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

well my hate is influenced by how marvel writes the hulk... same as i hate a cake baked by the baked because i dont like whats??

But are you talking about comics or films because you seem to be more focused on films and animated films which depicts several different versions of Hulk & Thor.

@cmartin said:

hulk is written in an irresponsible way.... knocking out watchers gods etc...

How is that irresponsible when he's actually capable of doing that?  

@cmartin said:

most hulk fight go like this .. blows are traded hulk gets mad... 3 punches hulk wins .. over and over and over....im waitig for marvel to write a story of hulk getting mad and punching out galactus..... it really wouldnt suprise me

Most Hulk fights don't go like that, the only characters i've seen Hulk beat that easily are characters that are much weaker than him.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cmartin

@Vance Astro: there is one hulk in whatever medium he wins always

to my eyes hulk wins 99% of all his fights

and that is exactly how his fights go

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By cameron83

@tomlikesfries: WHY...BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN!

FUURIEEES!

DESTROY HIM

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cmartin

hulk never is in danger of losing because he has the madder i get the stronger i get ALWAYS....

which makes no sense as there is a limit to how mad he can get.....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

there is one hulk in whatever medium he wins always

That's not true. Comics,Films,Animated Series etc. are all different universes.  

@cmartin said: 

to my eyes hulk wins 99% of all his fights

and that is exactly how his fights go

But he doesn't and no they don't. 
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By cmartin

@Vance Astro: dude didnt you say hulk never beats the tar out of thor and i threw up some scans of hulk disgracig thor.... you just keep say this and that but the evidence doesnt lie man.... look at the title of this thread, apart from zeus in the last - 10 years i cant remember hulk getting beat, and not coming back and winning

hulk has won every damn digital confrontation btw.......

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

@Vance Astro: dude didnt you say hulk never beats the tar out of thor and i threw up some scans of hulk disgracig thor.... you just keep say this and that but the evidence doesnt lie man.... look at the title of this thread, apart from zeus in the last - 10 years i cant remember hulk getting beat, and not coming back and winning

hulk has won every damn digital confrontation btw.......

@Vance Astro  said: 
    @cmartin said: 

i have all of them

So why are the posted half way or cropped? Thanks to SC mentioning Hulk: Let the Battle Begin I did some research on the scan where Hulk makes Thor hit himself in the face with his own hammer. You never mentioned the fact that the only reason Thor was even open for that attack is because Thor let his guard down when he assumed he had beaten the Hulk enough for him to yield. On the page before this, Thor is standing above Hulk whom is on his knees  and he says, "Yield Hulk,the battle is over. The better man has won." That's why his face is bloody in the first panel. You also never acknowledged that Red Hulk and Savage Hulk are two different Hulks. If Hulk supposedly "always beats the tar our of Thor", I'd assume you'd have better reference than scans posted out of context and the use of several different Hulks.

@cmartin said: 

i think the message from marvel is clear hulk vs thor thor is beaten to near death, ultimate aventers thor is knocked out, avegers movie hulk slaps thor around like a puppy... asa thor fan knowing what thor truly is these scenarios are embarassing and shows me marvel have no regard for thor fans in regard to this "rivalry"

Maybe that's the message that Marvel is sending to people who don't read comics. Hulk IS more popular. Comics is a different story. Alot of Hulk and Thor's fights have been stalemates in comics. I don't think you can lump the two though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue revolved around the old guard getting pwned so the new characters can come and save them and show just how necessary they are for the new direction. Watching heavy hitters like Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man pretty much get one-shotted by what look to be very unremarkable new villains can be very annoying to fans of each but no one character was slighted in this issue, they all were.

Don't worry, I'm sure Cannonball and Shang-Chi will handle it.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By cmartin

hulk has beat thor more times.....

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By 80sBaby

Within the last 5 years or so, Hulk has lost to Zeus, Abomination, Rulk and Doom (I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.) I don't know WHAT cmartin is ranting about...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

Prove it. The scans you posted don't.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @80sBaby said:
    Within the last 5 years or so, Hulk has lost to Zeus, Abomination, Rulk and Doom (I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.) I don't know WHAT cmartin is ranting about...
    He also lost to Iron Man in an armor he could barely even control.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By cmartin

@80sBaby said:

lost to rulk came back and beat him... came back destroyed abomination... ..... thats it in 5 yrs 4 fights.... when i mean lost i mean knocked out no rev

enge next issue

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

@80sBaby said:

lost to rulk came back and beat him... came back destroyed abomination... ..... thats it in 5 yrs 4 fights.... when i mean lost i mean knocked out no rev

enge next issue

IIRC He only beat him because of Thor's help and Rulk getting angry causing him to over heat. Red Hulk beat him fair and square with no variables.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@cmartin said:

@80sBaby said:

enge next issue

What's your point? Just don't read Hulk if you think he is irresponsibly written. Hulk is basically Marvel's main powerhouse. He loses sometimes, but Hulk usually always is going to go back and try to fight that person again. That's just how he is, and like everyone knows. Madder he gets, stronger he gets. He will keep trying til he wins.

If you don't like his character, why read him?

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By cmartin

i can name over 20 times thor has been humiliated.....

let me try to explain eg thor vs tuminlax he humiliated thor badly ... and thor just took it no revenge... he beat the crap out of thor... and laughed.... saying ho pitiful he was holding on to the hammer....

they wont do that to hulk no way....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

i can name over 20 times thor has been humiliated.....

let me try to explain eg thor vs tuminlax he humiliated thor badly ... and thor just took it no revenge... he beat the crap out of thor... and laughed.... saying ho pitiful he was holding on to the hammer....

they wont do that to hulk no way....

Are you tired from all that dancing?
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cmartin
    No Caption Provided

i dont have to dance..... i know what im saying as so do many other people that post here... just take a look at the title of the thread.. thor has become a jobber

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By cmartin

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@cmartin said:

@80sBaby said:

enge next issue

What's your point? Just don't read Hulk if you think he is irresponsibly written. Hulk is basically Marvel's main powerhouse. He loses sometimes, but Hulk usually always is going to go back and try to fight that person again. That's just how he is, and like everyone knows. Madder he gets, stronger he gets. He will keep trying til he wins.

little guy dont tell me what to do .. i read what i want.... discuss the thread... dont try to get personal kid.....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

i dont have to dance..... i know what im saying as so do many other people that post here... just take a look at the title of the thread.. thor has become a jobber

You were asked for proof of something specific and you danced around it and changed the subject to something else.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cmartin

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

You were asked for proof of something specific and you danced around it and changed the subject to something else.

proof of?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@cmartin said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@cmartin said:

@80sBaby said:

enge next issue

little guy dont tell me what to do .. i read what i want.... discuss the thread... dont try to get personal kid.....

Wtf? You are the one getting personal. So YOU calm down, kid. I'm discussing the thread, kid. You been complaining that Hulk never loses and when he does he always comes back and wins. Well, I'm pretty sure a crapload of comics and heroes do that. It's called storytelling. It's simple. And I don't give a rats ass what you read, and I wasn't telling you what to read. Grow up.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin  said: 

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

proof of?

@Vance Astro said:
    @cmartin said:

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By cmartin

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

proof of?

@Vance Astro said:
    @cmartin said:

nice try but that was not what the scans were posted for the scns i posted in retort to you saying hulk has never beaten the tar out of thor... i suggest you back and look,

i posted those scas to show hulk beating the crap out of thor....

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By selinaky

Seeing Thor get beat down a lot is of course saddening to me as a Thor fan, but it doesn't make me like the character any less. I like that his character is brave, noble and always stands up to fight, I don't like it when they write him as stupid/bad fighter and ridiculously arrogant though.

I'm just so happy he has his own great movie series, and his solo comic is currently looking awesome! Got high hopes for some more good showings from Thor.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By cmartin

@cmartin said:

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

watch marvel make hulk beat the tar out of thor for the 100th time.... great rivalry marvel

When has Hulk EVER done that for this to make any sense?

all the time,

here..... so again i reiterate the scans were to prove hulk does beat the crap out of thor

gou10t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By gou10t

It's hard for Hulk to brag too much when his powerset is basically not dying by keeping himself from being outmatched on most basic level. His growth of his biological core to matches stress (effective working force) and in turn gets stronger body tissues. He's a perpetual gamma generator. A force of nature. all he needs is to be pushed. Of course Hulk is the best at overpowering anyone in fight! As long as he's being pushed by any force, including his own, He doesn't get tired over time and any significant trauma gets turned into strength. His body tissues can destroyed, so yes he can be knocked out, but his biological core will remain so no one can kill him, putting him down permanently.

Despite the fact that the Hulk just can't be stopped, he can be defeated in a fight. Being unstoppable doesn't take away from the character because he isn't unstoppable in every sense of the word. If he fights someone strong enough to hurt him, he gets hurt but can't be beaten into finality that we known as death.

Hulk is the one who constantly gets into fights. WHO ARE COMIC FANS SUPPOSED TO RELY ON FOR THEIR PERIODIC DOSE OF VIOLENCE ( besides wolverine). Wolverine and Thor fans, stop being mad because the Hulk succeeds in the areas that those two fall short. Just enjoy the character what he's brings to collective comic book universe! It doesn't take away from any other characters. No one will not think that no other character is cool just because the Hulk is the strongest. Marvel would never ruin sales by jobbing Thor too much because that would take away the fun of someone like Hulk giving the him the occasional beatdown. Hulk's the strongest there is but no one wants Thor to be a jobber.

No one wants Marvel comics to turn into DC comics, where the universe only centers around three characters who hog all the lime light and make other characters out to be worthless chumps. DC has great animation and Marvel can learn from that, but I believe that overall, Marvel has a better grip when it comes to their books,the chracters and story telling than DC does.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

nice try but that was not what the scans were posted for the scns i posted in retort to you saying hulk has never beaten the tar out of thor... i suggest you back and look,

i posted those scas to show hulk beating the crap out of thor....

What does that have to do with me asking you to prove that Hulk has beaten Thor more times than vice versa? I mentioned those scans just in case you were going to try and pretend those scans proved that. Also those scans really don't show what you said. When I said that Hulk has never beaten the tar out of Thor I was taking about Savage Hulk as in the Hulk that Bruce Banner turns into, the real Hulk..Not Red Hulk,Not She-Hulk not any other Hulk. The first scan doesn't show Hulk "beating the tar out of Thor" they show Hulk getting a lucky hit because Thor stopped as to not kill the Hulk. The second scan simply shows Hulk punching Thor it's cropped without details.
    cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By cmartin

thor and hulk has had some maybe 20+ fights Im not going to sit ad find each scan i do have a life i have them ALL in physical form.... and hulk has won more than thor also decisively. whether its in the ulitimate universe, heroes reborn he kicks thors ass...

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By cmartin

another gem i forgot hulk completley knocked out thor....

it was a good fight though.... but hulk got mad..... (shakes head)

No Caption Provided
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#138  Edited By Pyrogram

@cmartin said:

another gem i forgot hulk completley knocked out thor....

it was a good fight though.... but hulk got mad..... (shakes head)

No Caption Provided

What?

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TheGodofThunder

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=48313

Looks like Hulk does beat thor.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By cmartin

@TheGodofThunder said:

are you suprised apparently hulk was controlled by a telepath

marvel did this not long ago when hulk was controlled by thanos and knocked thor out once punch.... and some of you guys try to argue that marv

el is biased as hell, in 4 months thor has been knocked out twice by hulk.... great rivalry huh?.. screw marvel

Thundergoose84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Thundergoose84

I dunno, I mean if Hulk was KO'd at the end of issue #1 couldn't it mean that Hulk is still not conscious but rather just fully controlled by that lady now? I'm gonna wait to see how this plays out before I make any judgements, either way it gets judged it would have been nice to see the fight play out. Oh well, another time I hope.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @cmartin said:

thor and hulk has had some maybe 20+ fights Im not going to sit ad find each scan i do have a life i have them ALL in physical form.... and hulk has won more than thor also decisively. whether its in the ulitimate universe, heroes reborn he kicks thors ass...

In other words you don't have proof of what you said. And you're still trying to add in different versions of Thor which nobody is talking about but you.
    selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By selinaky

@TheGodofThunder said:

Is Thor thinking about Ragnarok?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#144  Edited By Lvenger

@TheGodofThunder said:

How does that preview prove Hulk beat Thor? Care to explain?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#145  Edited By Pyrogram

@Vance Astro said:

@cmartin said:

In other words you don't have proof of what you said. And you're still trying to add in different versions of Thor which nobody is talking about but you.

Burn.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Lvenger said:

@TheGodofThunder said:

How does that preview prove Hulk beat Thor? Care to explain?

Have you read the issue, Lvenger?
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Lvenger

@Vance Astro: I was talking about issue 2, not one. And no I have not (even though I want to so much) but I've read several synopsises online and they don't indicate that Hulk beat Thor. They just say that he got mind controlled into fighting Thor then all the Avengers were taken out by Ex Nihilo. I assume you have read the issue so was there a clear panel where Hulk beat Thor? If so I'll accept it.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#148  Edited By Gambit1024

I read the issue twice. Thor was tied up with the rest of the Avengers, while Hulk was on the ground just a few feet away from Mjolnir. I just assumed that Thor knocked Hulk out, and then the villain proceeded to knock Thor out while he was weakened.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Ah so you are reading Avengers? Thought you would be. How many ongoings is that now because I remember you don't read that many ongoings. And is that what happened in the issue?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#150  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: I've actually been buying a few ongoings, atm. Eight altogether; five Marvel's and three DC's. Marvel NOW hasn't really gotten off the ground, though, and I'll be adding New Avengers to my list once it's out. Same goes for Snyder's Superman.

As for what actually happened, the fight was off-panel. It starts with Hulk getting the first hit, and it ends with the scene I described. What I assumed may not have actually happened, but that's the most likely thing I thought of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.