Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Asgardian wildlife?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just watched both Thor and Hulk vs again, and the scenes from Hulk vs where they fight in the mountains and the magnificent scene in the live action film introducing Asgard beginning from below the Asgardian "ocean" made me wonder: is Asgard a realm where the only non-Asgardian beings are the kinds of animals that end up on the Asgardian feast table, like boars or whatever they eat, or are there birds, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles and other animals similar to the wildlife of Midgard? I recall Odin having both a pair of ravens called Hugin and Munin and a pair of tame wolves called Freki and Geri, but these pets all seemed to be magical so they might be created for the purpose of serving Odin and not taken from the Asgardian fauna? The scene in Thor where Asgard is introduced from below the water had me imagine an enormous whale-like creature swimming through a shimmering shoal of fish and when the camera view goes up I imagined great flocks of birds soaring along the cliffs of Asgard and above the city. It looked glorious in my mind, so like I already said, I'm wondering if there are animals in Asgard, and if so, what kinds?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.