Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Are you still reading Thor, or marvel in general

• 102 results
    n_coming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you still reading the new Thor? If you are truely enjoying it that's fine. But if you want old Thor back stop buying it. The sooner marvel loses money, the sooner we can get the true Thor back.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No i quit marvel comics after Gillen departure, and i lost interest in their comics for the foreseeable future, even when Thordis crap is over i don't have intentions to read marvel again with this editorial/writers... Only care for the Mcu...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stopped buying Thor comics after I read a few issues with Thordis and really hated the whole portrayal of her and the real Thors downfall, have been reading Secret Wars though and read the last couple of 'Thors' if Thordis appears in that then I'll probably stop reading too.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quit altogether for Secret Wars and have some question whether or not I'll be picking up any books once it's over.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical: @thorthunder98:

There are many rumors online why K. Feige (Marvel Studios) break the link with the comics department, but i wonder if that is not related with the all new all different Marvel crap, Feige always demonstrated respect for the fans and i think he really wants make sure there is no connection between the Mcu and the comics department of Marvel in this period...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Maybe he also hates what they're doing like the rest of the fans and recognises that it is a PR stunt and doesn't want them sneaking their PR stunts into the MCU and wants to keep it genuine and give us a genuine universe with no pandering.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Maybe he also hates what they're doing like the rest of the fans and recognises that it is a PR stunt and doesn't want them sneaking their PR stunts into the MCU and wants to keep it genuine and give us a genuine universe with no pandering.

That... and the fact that he knows the Mcu always worked with harmony and the hype of the fans, not controversy and forced pandering to certain groups, unlike comics movies need a larger appeal and obviously if everything was genuine until now, to be associated with what the comics department is doing, only has potential to hurt the Mcu...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: He probably knows there will be 10x more outrage if they started doing stuff like Thordis in the MCU it would be even more ridiculous translated to live action and just wouldn't work.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really hoping marvel reboots soon because all the books are way out of wack.. to crazy to try to catch up with and I sure as hell do not want to go back and try to sort out that mess.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit reading Marvel a while back

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: He probably knows there will be 10x more outrage if they started doing stuff like Thordis in the MCU it would be even more ridiculous translated to live action and just wouldn't work.

When the pr was announced, had an incredible negative main stream response in social media... In the next interviews Feige had the careful to differentiate both universes...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By THORSON

I dont mind change the way marvel does things.it keeps things fresh and new.

The only problem is allowing old supporting characters to take the mantle of the name. Its too cliche and not cool.

If they want to make a new thor or hulk give it to a new character to where it doesnt look that bad.

And i buy them from time to time

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read the newest 'Thors' and it seems that the real Thor(unworthy) will now be a main character in that in coming issues alongside Ultimate Thor. I will continue reading that unless Thordis shows up then I'm out, because Thor Odinson is all I'm interested in and when she shows up it just ruins things for me.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98:

What do you mean by "main character in that in coming issues" the SW books will have 1 or 2 more issues, the new all crap is coming in October... Aaron doesn't have any plans for Thor the Heir of Asgard he is just there to give the fans hope!?!? All the Asgardian books need new writers when this garbage is over...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thorthunder98

@asgaard: Well just the 'Thors' title not after that or in the Secret wars main title or the new Thordis arc after Secret Wars. Just looks like he's going to actually be a part of the 'Thors' arc after the most recent issue. But idk it's aaron anything can happen he'll likely do something ridiculous with him again.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: O.K. but Thors only has one more issue, so it's the conclusion...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I am

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@asgaard said:

No i quit marvel comics after Gillen departure, and i lost interest in their comics for the foreseeable future, even when Thordis crap is over i don't have intentions to read marvel again with this editorial/writers... Only care for the Mcu...

Even the MCU isn't all that great TBH. They rarely take themselves seriously.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asgaard

@petey_is_spidey said:
    @asgaard said:

Works for me and the rest of the general audience... I accept that successful blockbusters have to appeal to all audiences, aren't just made for me... The Mcu longevity is based on that premise, because if the movies were made for the comic book readers it was box office failure after box office failure, and the genre would die...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Immediately dropped Thor after this hacked off PR stunt was announced. That was the last straw in reading Marvel Comics from a Marvel I no longer enjoy or even recognise anymore. If Marvel keep their status quo and rip off diversity stunts as they do, I'm not sure I'll ever read a current/Pre 2010s Marvel comic or graphic novel ever again.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@asgaard said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:
    @asgaard said:

Works for me and the rest of the general audience... I accept that successful blockbusters have to appeal to all audiences, aren't just made for me... The Mcu longevity is based on that premise, because if the movies were made for the comic book readers it was box office failure after box office failure, and the genre would die...

You can have box office success and still appeal to a wide arrange of fans while taking yourself serious; X Men: First Class and DofP, TASM 2 (Despite not being well recieved critically and not making as much as they THOUGHT, it did good Box Office numbers). I'm not saying everyone hats the MCU, but the vibe I get from a lot of their core fanbase, which are a majority of comic book readers, is that the way they do their movies is not all that great. And remember, the core fans are the ones that will still be here in 10 years when the genre starts to get "stale".

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well the new Hulk is bound to make you happy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@johnfrank120: Oh yes I'm positively brimming with joy over the news, can't you tell?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnfrank120

@lvenger:

But one thing is for certain – Amadeus Cho is a completely different kind of Hulk. Not tormented, not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk!

I know right? I always hated characters who had emotional depth, too boring.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

But one thing is for certain – Amadeus Cho is a completely different kind of Hulk. Not tormented, not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk!

I know right? I always hated characters who had emotional depth, too boring.

Apparently trying to appeal to that young male demographic that enjoys senseless vandalism and randomly punching people in the street for no good reason, because hey, it's fun!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

There are many rumors online why K. Feige (Marvel Studios) break the link with the comics department, but i wonder if that is not related with the all new all different Marvel crap, Feige always demonstrated respect for the fans and i think he really wants make sure there is no connection between the Mcu and the comics department of Marvel in this period...

Think it's possible they were trying to push Thordis, Sam-Cap and Cho-Hulk into the MCU?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am. Looking forward to a lot of books post Secret Wars as well but most of my reading is done through Marvel Unlimited aside from a few key newer titles (Hawkeye, Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, and Ant-Man). I'll continue to read those along with a lot of the new titles and start thinning the heard based on quality or lack of funds.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:
    @asgaard said:

You can have box office success and still appeal to a wide arrange of fans while taking yourself serious; X Men: First Class and DofP, TASM 2 (Despite not being well recieved critically and not making as much as they THOUGHT, it did good Box Office numbers). I'm not saying everyone hats the MCU, but the vibe I get from a lot of their core fanbase, which are a majority of comic book readers, is that the way they do their movies is not all that great. And remember, the core fans are the ones that will still be here in 10 years when the genre starts to get "stale".

6X-Men: Days of Future PastFox$748.1$233.931.3%$514.268.7%

VS

3Guardians of the GalaxyDisney$774.2$333.243.0%$441.057.0%

VS

8The Amazing Spider-Man 2Sony$709.0$202.928.6%$506.171.4%

When the D listers (GotG) first movie beats the 2 most well know properties of marvel and the X-Men movie was critically acclaimed and well established in live action, there aren't many augments we can made against the Mcu translations to live action, but obviously that doesn't imply superior quality because movie quality always will be subjective i liked both GotG and X-Men DofP...

TASM 2 is the perfect example of a movie who wasn't able to generate hype for the next installment, curiously now Sony needs the Mcu popularity to rejuvenate the franchise...

The Mcu fan base is beyond comic book readers, the quantity of you tube channels and comic book movies sites increased drastically unlike the comic book sales, some new fans acknowledge the roots from comics but continued only in live action medium, their perception of the characters and stories is based only in the movies and Tv series...

But speaking only of comic book fans isn't easy to understand their reasoning, because even when the discussion starts with the movies content, always ends with everyone trying to prove the supremacy of their preferences and ultimately they bring the box office numbers...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical said:
    @asgaard said:

Think it's possible they were trying to push Thordis, Sam-Cap and Cho-Hulk into the MCU?

No, i think Disney/Feige leaked the breaking off from Marvel just before the All New all Different Marvel comics releases, because controversy/pandering to certain groups only works for temporary comic sales, Feige wants harmony with ALL the Mcu fan base, the separation was the safest decision...Plus it will more easy for him deny current comics/mcu similarities, and people also will have more difficulties making this associations...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: God of Thunder was my favorite "MARVEL NOW" pre-unworthy Thor. At this point I'm riding out Secret Wars until the end and then I'm done with MARVEL for a while. I just don't like where the company is going with it's characters, it's just not for me anymore which sucks :-\

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yehas.

Beata

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @antithetical said:
    @asgaard said:

No, i think Disney/Feige leaked the breaking off from Marvel just before the All New all Different Marvel comics releases, because controversy/pandering to certain groups only works for temporary comic sales, Feige wants harmony with ALL the Mcu fan base, the separation was the safest decision...Plus it will more easy for him deny current comics/mcu similarities, and people also will have more difficulties making this associations...

Odd way of thinking, but okay.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @antithetical said:
    @asgaard said:

Odd way of thinking, but okay.

If we acknowledge the timing of the news, and the fact that has no practical effects, Feige always was and will be in charge of the Mcu, and never were preceding leaks about the "marvel machine", controversy never was Feige's/Mcu method (and can't be when the appeal has to be global), i see it as a message...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: That's some delusional conspiracy type of thinking but whatever floats your boat. In reality the dude he was reporting to was a cheap and controlling and KF wanted to put an end to it for the benefit of the films the comics don't even come into the equation.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Asgaard

@feartheliving said:

@asgaard: That's some delusional conspiracy type of thinking but whatever floats your boat. In reality the dude he was reporting to was a cheap and controlling and KF wanted to put an end to it for the benefit of the films the comics don't even come into the equation.

Isn't conspiracy type, because isn't against anyone...Just a business decision...You really think that for Disney K. Feige wasn't always above Perlmutter? It's a question of numbers $$$, comics and the other marvel business are nothing compared with the movies profits, what decision prevailed in the Robert Downey Jr. role for Civil War?

Obviously i could be wrong, i m not from Disney just like the Hollywood Reporter journalists, but i like to think outside of the box, i even liked your delusional negative connotation... There are too many smart people in the comic book sites that think they lived happily ever after, so it's cool not be the norm because you can be genuine and say it...

Some of Marvel current comics aren't story rooted, just pandering to certain groups.

Thor 2 movie production was just terrible for a credible studio.

The Mcu Spider-Man movie writers made terrible scripts in the past, no one understands this choice.

Whedon final cut/edit in Avengers 2 was bad, no one saw that at marvel studios?

Thor 3 has a terrible release date just before the Justice League movie.

Some episodes of AoS season 1 were beyond bad, the current ratings are terrible... etc...

I love the Mcu and some marvel comic characters but in reality they also make bad decisions, this ultra biased mentality in the perception of every news connected with our preferences isn't for me...

Lanstar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I am at a loss with Marvel. I'm not even sure what the hell is actually going on anymore. All their Heroes are messed up. X-Men? Wolverine is dead. Professor X is dead, etc., hell I have no clue who anyone is anymore. What the hell is going on? Hulk is not Banner (soon to be Cho)? Falcon is Cap, not Falcon? Steve Rogers is old and decrepit. The original Nick Fury is dead. Thor is unworthy and Jane is a warrior born who is worthy to lift the hammer. Seriously? No need to rehash that complete BS. Tony has become evil, basically. Spiderman may or may not be Peter Parker anymore.. instead Miles Morales.

There is a VERY CLEAR and strong message coming from Marvel that they want to pander to specifies groups. I didn’t believe it at first,I actually argued against many who did, but damn, if there isn’t example after example that they are gunning all out to cut down on a certain segments, reduce representation in the comics so they can push other segments and increase representation in others. Marvel.. here's a secret to life, add don't cut, people will be happier.

I REALLY and sincerely have lost all interest in Marvel. It's like they simply don't give a crap about the fans anymore. I stopped reading Thor once this unworthy BS started as I am a THOR fan. God of Thunder, Prince of Asgard, Hammer wielding son of the All Father, Prince of Asgard. Not this Odinson crap. Now Thor isn’t even Thor anymore so I have left buying it. I am reading Secret Wars. It’s good, I’m enjoying it, because to me this is not about the Marvel Universe it’s almost a “What if?”... and yes I know they are using it as a reboot and yes its cannon, but when it’s over, given the direction this is all going I truly see me letting go of all Marvel titles. I was almost there anyways. My Marvel pull list was consistently shrinking up until Secret wars. For me there is nothing left that attracts me to them and I am a LONG time fan of comics and Marvel but the last two to three years Marvel has completely dropped the ball and even after trying to give them a chance... well it’s just not getting better it keeps sinking deeper into a convoluted mess of pandering.

Straight up, Marvel as a whole has left me confused and in the end utterly bored. I no longer feel any connection to their characters or have any emotional investment as to what happens to them so I just don’t care anymore. This means I simply don’t enjoy their comics anymore and just don’t buy their product. I was a fan of both DC and Marvel for years and years… now it’s almost exclusively DC. It never used to be that way. But Marvel offers me little as a long time to fan and in particular Thor has basically been high jacked to grab some media attention.

My faith in Marvel has been eroding, now I have none. I don’t want to even invest my time in a character (old or new) because I don’t believe Marvel will be consistent in how they treat them. I can’t trust the old characters as I have seen that they are willing to twist them into some shadow version or trash them outright. I just can’t respect them anymore and I don’t respect their direction.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanstar said:

My faith in Marvel has been eroding, now I have none. I don’t want to even invest my time in a character (old or new) because I don’t believe Marvel will be consistent in how they treat them. I can’t trust the old characters as I have seen that they are willing to twist them into some shadow version or trash them outright. I just can’t respect them anymore and I don’t respect their direction.

I think marvel current editorial fails to understand that they are opening a big precedent that will have consequences in the future, like you well said you just can't be hyped with any character or story because everything can be butchered at any moment, besides not reading Aaron's current writing, i was really enjoying Angela in Asgard but the writer left the book (and marvel) and i m pretty sure that the story that he was telling will be erased and the character will be used to pander sjw even more, the story rooted comics at marvel are gone...

No Caption Provided

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much left after spiderman OMD but I bought a few trades here and there but this all new all different stuff they have been setting up has turned me off. I'm getting RYV just to support Peter and mj but if a lot isn't fixed soon I'm done for good. It's sad though because after all the Thor and avenger movies I was ready to give marvel another shot but then this happens.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this going to be an official reboot?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I keep reading and hearing that it's not an actual "reboot", that things will essentially go back to being mostly the same with the 616 but with the addition of characters from the Ultimate Universe.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I keep reading and hearing that it's not an actual "reboot", that things will essentially go back to being mostly the same with the 616 but with the addition of characters from the Ultimate Universe.

Which ones?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes. I like Jane foster as Thor. And Marvel has been really good lately

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HaveAtThee

I haven't read any Marvel in months. I generally prefer to read solo titles and I also like reading superhero stories, not stories obsessed with grounding superheroes and deconstructing them constantly. I love Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer (and I tried Slott's title) but I don't think Marvel has many creators who could pull them off and successfully tell a long story over many issues. I'm also intrigued about the new Hercules series but I may give that a trade wait. The Starlin/Alan Davis team-up on the next Infinity story by Starlin looks pretty awesome and I may pick that up because it's out of Marvel's current "continuity."

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to give marvel a try again as soon as they stop back stabbing and insulting the very people that buy the comics.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n_coming: I am not buying Thor until he gets his hammer back, and the fake thor goes back to whichever hell bad characters are sent.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

There are a few comics coming out of ANADM that I'm willing to try. But as far as Jane "False-Thor" Foster is concerned, I'm avoiding her book like the plague.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Spiderman1997

Only Secret Wars and Star Wars with its tie-ins.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost faith in Marvel since the Secret Wars and that Battleworld crap.Thor,Iron-Man,Cap and Wolverine are destroyed.Im not a big fan of MCU but I still watch.its not what I expected but its better than this Marvel crap.Im now DC and DCU(movies)fan.

n_coming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still waiting on Thor to return to his own book. Yawn........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.